Current Page: 5 of 6
A Jewish Family's Experience with the Cult called Chabad
Posted by: mjr40 ()
Date: May 31, 2007 12:14AM

sandy72

u obviously choose to see the negative rather then the positive i dont know who u are but u must have major issues on religion and specifically chabad
u can call it a cult or whatever else it doesnt matter its what u make it mean that matters
its ur opinion about it and i think u should work it out privately thats my opinion not publicize the way u do its really disgusting

Interesting to note several things:
- Religious cults all generally say critics of their group have problems with religion. They will hide behind the cloak of the larger religion. For example, Opus Dei, a Catholic cult, will say that critics have issues with Catholicism. The issue is with cultic mind control, not religion or spirituality.

- Cults will often use vague doubletalk language like "what you make it mean is what matters". The secular Landmark cult uses this as a trademark line. This is basically saying that there is not established truth or objective science, which is incorrect. Psychologists have identified an objective list of elements that define what a cult is.

- Cults do not like publicity; they feel that everything is a private matter, even though they often engage in very public recruiting, either individually or through front groups. Publicity shows the illogic of their ideologies, and exposes them for what their main focuses are: power and money.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dv ()
Date: May 31, 2007 10:54PM

Hello and greetings to all, especially Zelig.

If you are who I think you are. Did you used to live in Toronto?

[b:38745cbbdd]Ok the straight dope on Chabad:[/b:38745cbbdd][/size:38745cbbdd]

The reality is that in order to destroy the [b:38745cbbdd]CULT[/b:38745cbbdd] that is Chabad today, we have to analyze Judaism and things that Judaism practices which are WRONG such as circumcision, and then we can root out what is perhaps the worst cult the world has ever seen.

For BT's (Baalei Teshuva's) who post here understandably praising Chabad for what they helped you with back in the 70's 80's, all you're doing is merely proving that Chabad's activities are not behaviorally linear or at least they weren't.

Today, this is not so. You have to understand that today, Chabad f*cks over about 99 percent and helps about 1 percent. So they're not what they used to be. You don't believe me? You're a Baal Teshuvah (Someone returning to the faith), I went to Cheder and Yeshivah my whole life and have been living in homeless shelters for the past 2 and a half years. I am only 24.

Coupled with the fact that any intelligent boy today can roam the internet and find out amazingly hidden facts about Chabad.

[b:38745cbbdd][www.failedmessiah.com][/b:38745cbbdd][/size:38745cbbdd]

Yes, the man running the website has an agenda but most of his information is solid.

The Rebbe in his later years, despite his intentions, became a megalomaniac and had dementia. This can be seen in some of his videos before his stroke (770live.com) where he is yelling and screaming like a dictator.

The library which he fought so hard to 'protect' from Barry Gourary is now completely closed to the public with only the very few "privileged" being allowed access.

I don't have the energy to type seeing as how I slept poorly last night, but this picture of "The Rebbe" should legitimize the dicutm [b:38745cbbdd]"A Picture Is Worth 1000 Words"[/b:38745cbbdd]

Thank you for your time and thank you for reading my post.

[img:38745cbbdd]http://www.mentalblog.com/hello/271/1249/1024/11-25-2004%208-44-49%20PM_0000.jpg[/img:38745cbbdd]

End Circumcision Now[/size:38745cbbdd]

Despite what this website professes, I am not afilliated with the reform or conservative movement, nor do I consider myself an 'enlightened' Jew. But Keep in mind that I was born and raised Lubavitch, and I merely discovered the fact that Jewish circumcision is a 2,000 year old mistake (Read about Yochanan Ben Hurkanus and the forced Periah, Moishech Be'Orlosoi... - he who stretches his foreskin...). For more information, feel free to contact me. Ask the administrator for my email I give him full permission to distribute it.[/size:38745cbbdd]

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: May 31, 2007 11:22PM

dv:

Zelig was banned from this board after he admitted to posting under two names, which is prohibited by the rules.

Date: May 31, 2007 11:39PM

dont know whats going on in these chabad places ur talking about but its really not something that typically happens

It's interesting you say this.

Growing up as a Chabad boy in Toronto (Thornhill to be exact) I always felt deeply hurt how it was always glows and smiles to the outside guy while treating us like shit.

There was always discrimination from the "purebloods" (Yea right. These boys descend from so many bastard slavs they knew not who they were) in school, and when Schneerson died, while the giant cult slept, I finally had the slip of opportunity to detach myself from Chabad.

The Yeshiva was defunct that first year, everybody was in low spirits, and there mourning period so-to-speak really opened up my eyes in some sense to what I was really involved with. At first I felt guilty that I was "taking advantage" of their system, by "feeling the glory of the shadow" but now I know that this is a narcissistic victim's folly, and in reality, I was only wasting away there.

It's funny to see one of you outsiders vehemently defending the Chabad movement, claiming that in Canada it's all roses.

[b:8351c77dd1]NONSENSE.[/b:8351c77dd1][/size:8351c77dd1]

I know the whole infrastructure here in Toronto. "Rabbi" Grossbaum (Who's history as a youth in New York is a mystery), is the official head rabbi of Chabad here. He's incessantly trying to pose in pictures with the latest tyrant elected to office. Last I heard, Harper, Jorge Bush's puppet government, refused to meet with him or maybe they did.

[b:8351c77dd1]His daughter married a man named Mendel Kaplan. And this is who all the people like Sandy are in love with.[/b:8351c77dd1] "Oh he's such a geat guy, he has a spot on the Zelda Young show" (where he blabs about stupidity every morning)... ...

What people do not know about him is that he testified on behalf of a drug dealer who now lives in Richmond hill, who goes by the name of [b:8351c77dd1]Sandy Hutchens[/b:8351c77dd1][/size:8351c77dd1], who scammed a woman of her life savings, ripped off many tenants, and he also helped him convert to Judaism.

There are so many narcissitically sinister people in the Chabad community of Thornhill, it's impossible to even peep out a sound of protest about the atrocities committed. There is a fellow by the name of Janowski who sends bulk email to the entire community urging them to vote for this specific government or that specific government, depending on who will introduce the most beneficial landlord laws so he can bilk tenants out of the most money possible, under the guise that he's pushing for this or that government because they want to fund Jewish schools.

He's been doing this bullshit since I was in the local Cheder's fifth grade, and there is still only funding for Catholic schools.

Then in 20 or 30 years the "goyim" realize that the Jews have been obliviously supporting a corrupt régime, and voila, we have an explosion in antisemitism. I have an ice cream cone thrown at me on Rosh Hashana, while Janowski is enjoying his new house, larger than his previous mansion, on Arnold street.

These people are also very stingy. They use their money to manipulate their relatives. When Janowski's daughter got married to a guy from the US named Bernstein, he actually pushed to have them placed across the street from us, in co-operative subsidized housing. They lived there for a few years and had a few kids, and only moved out when her father was sure he didn't just marry her for the money, and that he could use the kids as collateral in case he divorced.

This also goes for the males. They often abuse their wives because they're wealthy. My next door neighbour from many years ago, who's son was also in my class, is a notorious alcoholic who hit his wife. His father was very wealthy and an esteemed ally of Schneerson. Thank heavens he died recently, and I think his alcoholism seems to have subsided somewhat due to the cessation of the narcissistic abuse from his father. But they did the same thing. They moved to subsidized housing (All whilst exploiting the kindness of the government, who is not so kind anymore to say the least), moved to an intermediate home, and now live in a mansion on Melrose .

I am going to post the article regarding Sandy Hutchens, and you can do a search on the page for "Mendel Kaplan".

[jewishwhistleblower.blogspot.com]

[b:8351c77dd1]Corrupt Habadniks try to go under the guise of being "Anti-Messianic" to disassociate themselves from the corruption, but you often find that it is quite the reverse, that these brainwashed messianists are usually people with outstanding discipline, of good moral character, and often very kind.[/b:8351c77dd1]

The "Anti-Messianists" play a heavy role in exploiting these messianists by demonizing them to canonize themselves.

We have to do away first with people like Janowski, then we can explain the truth to the Messianists. Janowskis won't accept the truth because they already know it. They use it by obscuring it. Young ideologist messianists can be shown the truth, and reflect on it.

I know, I did.

Thanks,
DV
"Messianic free since '05"

Date: June 04, 2007 12:50AM

Here is a link to the picture if anyone is interested:

[img120.imageshack.us]

Posted by: K.D. ()
Date: June 06, 2007 07:17AM

What exact criteria do the Messianics believe that Scheerson met to be considered Messianic ???? Did he perform miracles?

I find this part of their movement to be especially disturbing.

Scheerson sounds like "just a man" with many "opportunistic" tendencies...

Is the book "Larger than Life" the best material on him and the Messianic division of the Chabad Movement??.... sounds like it's author has his own agenda as well.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 12/21/2010 12:53AM by rrmoderator.

Posted by: ashwyn ()
Date: June 06, 2007 05:33PM

mjr40
Psychologists have identified an objective list of elements that define what a cult is.

- Cults do not like publicity; they feel that everything is a private matter, even though they often engage in very public recruiting, either individually or through front groups. Publicity shows the illogic of their ideologies, and exposes them for what their main focuses are: power and money.

And how many psychologists agree on this list? Would I be correct in saying that the contents of the list could easily vary depending on which psychiatrist you talk to? I was recently interviewed by a forensic psychiatrist who told me that the word cult should best be avoided because of all of the ambiguous but negative connotations attached to it!

I am a member of another 'cult' which is receiving heavy criticism for allegedly seeking publicity through the media (on this very forum.) The fact that we are supposedly seeking publicity has been stated as evidence that we are a cult.

The problem with all of these lists is that they are never fairly or accurately applied. They will invariably change to accomodate or exclude certain groups as is convenient.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: June 06, 2007 08:36PM

ashwhyn/ash:

What research specifically regarding cults and/or coercive persuasion has the forensic psychiatrist you spoke with had published?

Is he or she recognized as an expert in the area of cult-related research and/or coercive persuasion techniques?

It appears that the psychiatrist you spoke with has no such recognized expertise and only offered a personal opinion as opposed to an expert opinion.

For those interested Ashwhyn is involved with a "cult" called "Jesus Christians."

See [www.culteducation.com]

Reportedly 19 of the group's 30 followers have donated kidneys to strangers. This was an idea origninated by the group leader Dave McKay, many believe to gain media attention.

Recently Ash attempted to donate one of his kidneys in Canada, but after a psychiatric examination the hospital refused to go forward.

The thread "Jesus Christians" is discussed at is at...

[board.culteducation.com]

Ash, this thread is about a group called Chabad.

If you want to comment about "Jesus Christians" please post at that thread.

Posted by: K.D. ()
Date: June 11, 2007 10:20AM

I am trying to research Scheerson and why the Messianic portion of Chabad feels he was "the Messiah"....where it started, how it started?? What basis etc?????

I would like publications, web sites that are credible etc.

Thanks.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 12/21/2010 12:53AM by rrmoderator.

Posted by: mjr40 ()
Date: June 23, 2007 03:39AM

ashwyn
And how many psychologists agree on this list? Would I be correct in saying that the contents of the list could easily vary depending on which psychiatrist you talk to?

I am a member of another 'cult' which is receiving heavy criticism for allegedly seeking publicity through the media (on this very forum.) The fact that we are supposedly seeking publicity has been stated as evidence that we are a cult.

The elements that define what a cultic group is are peer-reviewed in scientific journals by other professionals in the field. These elements are not picked out of the air by one or two people.

The word "publicity" was being used in the context of a group's internal operations, finances and recruitment processes. Many cultic groups and cultic recruitment fronts have extensive public relations arms to "mold" public opinion about them. For example, Opus Dei, a cult in the Catholic faith, and Lubavitch, within the Jewish faith, both have extensive publicity machines designed to only put out positive information about the cults.

Current Page: 5 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.