Current Page: 80 of 139
Christopher Hansard
Posted by: Nonce ()
Date: July 06, 2007 05:09AM

RE: Gondolf

Any ideas about what that might look like, how he might do that?

Yes actually, first and foremost a sincere appology. Then offering to pay for a practioner of their choice to assist them with their healing. If they have already moved past the events then a suitable amount arrived at, with the help of a mediator, donated to a womens shelter or any suitable charitable organization. This would have to be after what ever a court may impose for sentencing if/when a case comes forward.

What would your suggestion be?

Options: ReplyQuote
Christopher Hansard
Posted by: gondolf ()
Date: July 06, 2007 01:45PM

"First and foremost a sincere appology"

Unfortunately that is not going to happen in any public way as long as there is a legal threat hanging over his head. Legal advise would tell him not to do that publicly. Perhaps he has been making apologies privately; we really don't know do we.

"Then offering to pay for a practioner of their choice to assist them with their healing."

This is a good idea too. Unfortunately, I imagine, considering the financial problems he has had, that he wouild be unable to do that.

As a result, in my opinion, the best thing would be to pursue some form of alternative justice where there is mediation, healing, and the oppurtunities for amends to be made outside of a legal and financial framework. That kind of environment would also make it more likely that the truth would come out. And right now, for me, the truth is looking pretty blurry.

Undoubtedly many of the individuals here will disagree with my solution but there has to be something beyond animosity, revenge and hatred. Having observed this story from numerous angles, I can only say that this is a classic example of situation calling for that kind of action.

Perhaps people on this forum don't know about alternative justice as a concept? An example is restorative justice, which is not based on crime and punishment, but on making ammends in some way. Aboriginal cultures in North America has some very sophisticated concepts about how communities can be healed thorugh a different framework than that provided by the legal system.

That is where I lean.

How it would happen I don't know. It is up to the people close to this whole thing to step forward and show some leadership in this regard, and not just be victims and persecutors. Our world already has enough of that.

Christopher Hansard
Posted by: jeff bowe ()
Date: July 06, 2007 06:49PM

It would appear Christopher Hansard has been sexually and emotionally abusing clients, if so that is criminal behaviour. Sympathy should in the first instance lean towards those who may have suffered such abuse, and to Bon, the native religion of Tibet, which Hansard plagiarized , distorted, and exploited for self-serving puposes.

Christopher Hansard
Date: July 06, 2007 10:56PM

Jeff

I don't think that anyone would disagree and sympathize with anyone who has suffered abuse.
As for the CH and his crimes against the Bon Religion, I would have to say that even with the distortions, and plaigerism CH would have furthered the Bon culture. I for instance didn't know that Bon existed until CH. and I am sure there are many more people in the same situation.

Christopher Hansard
Date: July 07, 2007 01:02AM

Similar comments were once said of another fake who peddled a Tibetan pedigree, [i:8ceeb2fc14]Lobsang Rampa[/i:8ceeb2fc14], real name Cyril Hoskins, a plumber from Plymouth Devon UK. As he cashed in his considerable profits the real horrors of Chinese occupied Tibet were being virtually ignored. Like his infamous predecessor, I am not sure Hansard has, in any stretch of the imagination, assisted anything but himself, certainly not the genuine Bon tradition, which he exploited.

Christopher Hansard
Posted by: gondolf ()
Date: July 07, 2007 02:41AM

"Similar comments were once said of another fake who peddled a Tibetan pedigree, Lobsang Rampa, real name Cyril Hoskins, a plumber from Plymouth Devon UK."

There is no similarity whatsoever between what Rampa wrote in his books and what Hansard has written in his.

"As he cashed in his considerable profits the real horrors of Chinese occupied Tibet were being virtually ignored."

If people did not write about Tibetan culture and the various spiritual systems associated with it, nobody would see any value whatsoever in supporting it.

"Like his infamous predecessor, I am not sure Hansard has, in any stretch of the imagination, assisted anything but himself, certainly not the genuine Bon tradition, which he exploited."

Since you claim he plagiarized everything in his books does that mean the authors from which he plagiarized are also inauthentic, in your mind? And really, are we supposed to believe that you have the final word on what is a genuine Bon Tradition and what is not. Nobody can make that claim nowadays, especially in view of the fact that everywhere, in every spiritual tradition, small pockets of knowledge and previously unheard of lineages are appearing everywhere.

What's the real reason you have a hate-on for Hansard?

Christopher Hansard
Date: July 07, 2007 12:09PM

Jeff

Part of the reason CH attracted so many people is that they responded to what WAS authentic in the books and workshops. Granted some of the information may have been plagiarized but is Truth no longer Truth if it is plagiarized? The Truth in any religion or culture will always survive. In that sense even though things look bleak for Tibet, Bon, and Tibetan culture in my opinion it will take alot more than selfish oportunism of one person to do it in.
That said, I do understand your point. Information he used was portrayed as some thing it wasn't, for his own purposes. Everything gets blurry from there. I guess that is a good medium in which to operate if you don't want too much scrutiny, but it is also a good medium to make people question their beliefs and reality.

Christopher Hansard
Posted by: lorenzetti ()
Date: July 07, 2007 06:01PM

I am posting comments on this site in the hope of alerting people to the fact that Christopher Hansard’s claims regarding his background and training are a complete fabrication.

As stated in an earlier posting, I attended Selwyn College in Auckland with Chris for about a year in 1974/1975. I knew him very well. He never mentioned an ‘Urgen Nam Chuk’ or Dur Bon at any time. Further, I never saw him with a private tutor and he never mentioned any private tuition he was receiving or had received. I am stating this in response to claims he made in an interview with Jenni Ameghino (the Birmingham Post: 22/09/2001), that he ‘received his medical tuition at the start and end of each day and at weekends’.

I also met Chris from time to time in Auckland in the 1980’s. Again, he never mentioned an ‘Urgen Nam Chuk’ or Dur Bon.

Christopher Hansard
Date: July 07, 2007 08:17PM

Many thanks for that Lorenzetti, let us hope your experience and testimony awakes those whose minds appear closed to the facts.

I am though reminded of Einstein's obsrvation that [i:cd010765b8]"People only hear what they want others to say".[/i:cd010765b8]

Christopher Hansard
Date: July 08, 2007 01:33AM

There are three steps in the revelation of any truth: in the first, it is ridiculed; in the second, it is resisted; in the third, it is considered self- evident.

Arthur Schopenhauer

Don't you find it interesting that the above quote (and Einsteins) could be used by either side of this argument to say that their view is more valid? This tells me that the Truth of the matter lies somwhere in the space between the two. It also makes it quite clear why CH and those like him are able to continue to operate. It all comes down to where your vantage point is. For those who have been abused the view point is quite clear, but it is tthe same for those who haven't.
As others have arrived before me at the same point I don't see the point in adding anything else on this site.
I really like your idea of alternative justice Gondolf. It would be great to see something happen in that vein.

Current Page: 80 of 139

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.