Pages: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Mafu and Channel Penny Torres aka Ammagi - Beware
Posted by: lost ()
Date: April 26, 2007 02:08AM

Keep your sence of humor??? This woman...evil women Rapes ands robs people of there self, money, the very core of who they are!!! And she has instilled such fear in all who she has touched that they won't speak about her or there time there. What crap!!

TRUTH CHANGES COLOR DEPENDING ON THE LIGHT!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ariag ()
Date: October 01, 2007 07:19PM

I just finished reading all three pages regarding Penny Torres and it really blew me away. I first saw Penny in 87 when she had been channeling Mafu for one year. It was extraordinary(and I am not a pushover when it comes to channeling!). I attended a 2 day seminar in Phoenix and it was fantastic. I even had the trip of having Mafu personally address me(where I essentially just babbled something because I was in total awe of the presence that stood before me-some of you might know what that was like then-POWERFUL). I would then see Mafu 2 more times in 88. Both times were wonderful. I made a conscious decision to quit attending seminars, though, because so often Mafu would tell his little charge of groupies, who followed him to many of the intensives, to quit following him. It hit a nerve for me and I realized I had heard the most important things Mafu every talked about which was
1. Love the Lord God YOU!
2. See the face of your Father (Source/God) in all things.
3. Accept nothing, and ALLOW, ALLOW, ALLOW EVERYTHING.

I figured that was the big stuff to practice! It wasn't until 91-93, when living Sedona, that I saw more recent videos of Mafu. I was amazed at the huge transformation in Penny, post India, now called Ammagi and watched the videos with interest but nothing much beyond that.

Fast forward to 97, I'm living in Mt. Shasta, CA now and while working the support line of an herbal company, a woman called, we started talking and it turned out she was into Mafu! I suddenly realized I had completely forgotten that Penny/Ammagi and "company" had been in Oregon since the late 80's and here I was only 1.5 hours from Ashland! I felt kind of excited about the possibility of seeing Mafu again. I went to Ashland a few weeks later, met this nice lady at her home and borrowed some of her Mafu videos. For the first time since I saw Mafu in 87 and 88, there was something about these videos I absolutey did not feel comfortable with: a lot of drumming, Mafu getting really close to people's faces, it's hard to describe but something was unsettling to me. I struggled, too, because I was deeply impacted by my experience of Mafu in the late 80's. To this day, I can honestly say, that the things Mafu shared at that time were very powerful and still are to this day. Anyway, after seeing the videos, I let it go.

Strangely, about 5-6 years later, around 2003, my mother and I were pulling into Ashland to visit for the day and while looking for a nursery(plants), I saw a woman on the side of the road, nicely dressed, walking with a little rolling suitcase. Having hitchhiked myself on Hawaii, I pulled over and asked her if she wanted a ride. She happily answered yes and guess where we ended up? The ashram, wayyyy up in the hills above Ashland! I know my mother was wondering what the heck was going on! I have to say this: she kindly invited my mother and I into the ashram where people were incredibly friendly and invited us to participate in their afternoon chanting. I'm very spiritual but have never utilized chanting as party of my spiritual practice so this was new to me. I have to be honest: after 20 min of chanting(my poor 70 year old mom is perched on this little wooden "T" stool(hilarious), I am totally blissed out (meaning, very happy, very relaxed, very at peace). I couldn't remember having felt like that in a very long time if not ever! I finally look over at my mother who shoots me this look like "I'm done, we're out of here!" I was very remiss to leave! I was in an incredibly deep state of peaceful happiness for the next 20 minutes as we drove down the hill and into Ashland.

For many years after, I would think about going to the Ashram to participate in their satsangs but strangely, I just always felt a strange resistance. IT HAS BEEN PROFOUNDLY SHOCKING to read what people have written here about beatings and Penny being on drugs. But I will say it was interesting because only minutes before I came to this site, I was at her site for the first time ever and in many of her recent pictures, she just looked very strange to me (and I'm not talking about the face markings which I'm fine with)-something just looked really off with her face. For a moment, I wondered if she'd had surgery. Anyway, I'm just sad to hear, for whatever reason (if it's true), that Penny is possibly addicted. And of course, this leads me to wonder about Mafu's involvement at this juncture. The most notable channelers in my 25 years of metaphysical study were Ramtha/JZ Knight, Mafu/Penny Torres, Kevin Ryerson (of Shirley Maclaine fame), Bartholomew(Mary Margaret Moore) and finally, my favorite of all, Abraham/Ester Hicks. If you watch the early Ramtha videos(85) and then look at him now, it's astonishing the difference. The way he speaks is different, his demeanor, everything. In the 80's, Ramtha had a very noble, distinguished demeanor, almost what you might expect from an ascended master(ok, I'm projecting what an ascended master would act like!) but today, if you look at some of his video clips, it's like "Hey baby! I'm the big man!" Weird. This has often led me to wonder if Ramtha was the real deal initially but at some point left, and of course, the widespread speculation is that JZ is faking it. I'll never know but I do know that Ramtha of 20 yeras ago was VERY different of Ramtha today and the same of Mafu.

Finally, I am totally shocked that there would be any justification at the Ashram for beating, ANY JUSTIFICATION. Violence is violence. That Mafu had an experience of awakening around a beating in one of his embodiments is HIS experience but certainly, to me, does not justify it as part of a practice. But hey, what do I know? We can only trust our own hearts and follow our own inspiritation, yes? Indeed! So be it! :-)

Posted by: Fishbulb ()
Date: October 02, 2007 11:15AM

I Googled "Mafu" and came up with a whack of sites about cults and skeptics, and one "Mafu" site, presumably the official one.

Torres' squared jaw and pronounced muscles on her arms suggest either male hormones or steroids, for whatever reason. I have seen old videos of her -- for as long as I could stand them, anyway -- and although she was never delicate-looking, in the more recent photos it looks as though she's got more male hormones pumping through her blood than one would expect. She's no great hulk or anything, but I do bodybuilding and the only forearm muscles I've seen like that on women are due to either hormones or years of heavy lifting on the farm -- and I doubt she does anything like real work.

I suppose her devout followers would attribute this to Mafu's influence and gradual takeover of her body.

Or, maybe she's always looked like that and I didn't look closely enough. I dunno. It's an unusual look for a woman if there have been no chemical alterations, which I doubt.

There was also this amusing set of articles about her, written about her 1997/98 visits to Australia:

[www.geocities.com]

I don't doubt that due to chanting and such that people are enjoying the experiences. It's a shame that someone would take advantage of that and victimize their followers.

And no, I'm not naive. I know that's what cult leaders do. It still never ceases to amaze me.

Posted by: greg hamond ()
Date: October 10, 2007 04:20AM

long ago i went to one...it was at a hotel and free or cheap.....as a teaser to an expensive weekend with MAFU.......i thought she/it was bogus and that it was sad that so many successful people are so gullible !!!!!

she closed at halftime with
AND REMEMBER MAFU LOVES YOU !!!!!!!!!
and i walked out and didnt return

Re:from ex mafu disciple - I'm sorry
Posted by: ex mafu disciple ()
Date: May 26, 2009 11:14PM

Hi,
I am the one who started this thread ex mafu disciple several years ago. I left upset and unfortunately made up everything I wrote about Penny Torress who channels Mafu as well as about her. I now am more mature and feel disturbed at my immaturity at that time and apoligize if I have hurt anyone. I live in a different city then their ashram is in but ran into someone who occasionally goes there and they were very happy and seemed like the group is really growing only in the light which was occuring when I left and spoke to me how they pray for people and world events that need their support and also run a rescue mission for abused animals.

Re: Mafu and Channel Penny Torres aka Ammagi - Beware
Posted by: LisaMoore ()
Date: July 05, 2009 08:33AM

Thank you for your post... I felt it from your heart.

I pray that we each be Forgiven of ALL our sins against others... and those parts within self that we have harmed, as we easily forgive and forget those who have harmed us.

It is a NEW DAY.... today we are re-born... with the Glory of God Within.

I wish every one PEACE and Well Being.

Pages: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.