Current Page: 8 of 10
Am I just lizard food?
Posted by: zelig ()
Date: November 25, 2006 01:43PM

kath
zelig
The whole movie is even more hysterical when you understand the Hebrew and Polish Borat speaks! The translations only match about two lines in the whole movie! In jokes inside of an in joke! Or perhaps secret directives to other lizards like myself! 8) [/b]

LOL I did wonder whether it was real 'foreign' he was speaking. This is probably very off-topic here but I'd love to know what sort of things he's really saying :D :D

PM me!!
Love
Kath

Kath doesn't sound like a lizard name. I'd have to kill you if I told you. Find a nice lizard friend who speaks Hebrew and Polish (ashkenazi Jew). :lol: :lol: :lol: Mostly it's just more silliness, more anti-semitic jargon in funny places.

Options: ReplyQuote
Am I just lizard food?
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: November 26, 2006 12:35AM

As usual, there is a lot of incorrect stuff being written about Randi.
I see it as a similar dynamic to Rick Ross, where you have people who despise Rick Ross due to his work, who try to smear him as part of their business model.
Its the same with James Randi, people who he has exposed, come after him as well, and make up all sorts of half-truths and falsehoods, etc.

When Randi says stuff like "I'm Right!", that's a joke, the guys is very sarcastic. If you know Randi's work, its all about the evidence. As a matter of fact, if you could accept the challenge, and make it work, then you could sue him, and he would be forced to pay. But the protocol has to be crystal clear.
Of COURSE you have to agree BEFORE the test, as to what constitutes a success of the test! That is the ONLY way to measure it.
But seriously, think of a way to PROVE a paranormal ability, and I will help you win it. Like I said, if I could do it, I would, and I am not kidding.
If you know anyone who CAN do it, and PROVE it, I can make them world famous in short order, I know the people to contact.
Try to PROVE it objectively for yourself. Its very enlightening.

Randi has bent over backwards in this thing. Some people claim Randi is so "negative" that he psychically destroys the abilities of others, so they don't work in his presence! So he agreed to have tests done without his knowledge by third parties. They always back out of the tests.

Randi does not make much money from his stuff. He is now selling a joke Voodoo doll of himself though.
[www.randi.org]
There are more comments about the con-artist Uri Geller in that newsletter as well. Uri Geller is a very bad con-artist, and I do truly feel sorry for people who are duped by guys who are that bad. Seriously, Uri Geller is like Benny Hinn. Johnny Carson DESTROYED Uri Geller LIVE on TV, try to see that video someday. Carson was a magician, so he had Geller on, and made him use REAl PROP spoons, and not Uri Geller's spoons. Uri is a simple conman, and is about as bad as they get.

James Randi Debunks Uri Geller on the Tonight Show
[www.youtube.com]

But seriously, Randi is a great guy. People who make $ in the New Age business hate him, as he points out their BS and lies.
And True Believers hate him too.

But all you have to do is PROVE any of it, and its case closed.
But no one has EVER proved these "paranormal" things, in a way that can be replicated yet.
But its a multi-Billion dollar business, so the stakes are high.

One of the worst scammers out there, is Sylvia Browne. [www.randi.org]
skepdic.com/coldread.html
She is just a Cold Reader, and takes advantage of people who are hurting due to a recent death. Yet people fall for it. I can't believe people are that credulous...she is SO BAD I cannot even watch her...
I guess that is another reason why so many cults cash-in so easily.

Am I just lizard food?
Posted by: kath ()
Date: November 26, 2006 04:59AM

cultreporter
I did not claim that it was my own work and nor did I get it from wikipedia, although it is published in several places on-line. So now you want to start in on criticising my character because I don't agree with your line huh? :roll:
[www.answers.com]

Answers is a mirror site of wikipedia.

No I'm not criticising your character, just saying you could perhaps name your sources.
--
Anticult I agree with you and think Randi's brill :) My fiance thinks he and all sceptics dismiss things wiithout genuinely considering them though, and discount any evidence there might be as 'not proper'.

I think it's a different way of viewing the world- I like scepticism and science but I like some new-age-ness too. I don't think anything spiritual will ever be proved scientifically- which doesn't mean it's not 'real' in some way.

Not all of it though- I draw the line well before reptilian humanoids :D
Love
Kath

Am I just lizard food?
Posted by: drivingthecar ()
Date: November 28, 2006 12:34PM

The problem with Randi's challenge is that you just can't call up mystical experiences on cue.

I'm intuitive. I've predicted some strange things for friends, that could not have possibly been coincidental. But I'd totally fail the test because my intuition only pops out at strange moments - usually unbidden - and there's no rhyme or reason to when it happens.

That doesn't mean it is not REAL, however.

Just because something can't be duplicated in a lab consistently, doesn't mean it's fake.

Earthquakes are obviously real, but I defy you to sit on a fault and demand that the quake appear on a regular schedule so you can study it and prove it's real.

Yellowstone is a caldera...can you predict when it will erupt again?

Intuition and paranormal events are like earthquakes and volcanos. Sometimes they just explode out without much warning.

Doesn't mean they aren't real though.

As for Icke - grand entertainment. Love listening to him on Coast to Coast. Regardless of the lizard people, he has one excellent message that all people interested in cults should listen to - he talks about the hypnotic spell our culture and the people in power put on us everyday. And THAT is something I think we can all respect on some level.

PS Some new age people think of "reptiles" as evil spirits of sorts, like demons in Christian mythology. If you believe in a soul, demons aren't so farfetched. But I doubt they are "in the flesh."

Am I just lizard food?
Posted by: emntk ()
Date: November 28, 2006 02:55PM

Your ability drivingthecar wouldn't stand up to the James Randi test even if it could be conjured at will.

There are those that can but Randi as a so-called scientific searcher of truth doesn't make the results of his tests public. You see they are locked in a file cabinet in his office and yes you can apparently read them but you have to be in that particular place if you wish to make an objective analysis of his 'scientific research'. Also the test is set up so that it is judged by independent testers. That seems fair enough however if Randi who is in no way a scientist himself disagrees with the independent testers then the result is over-ridden.

Randi has already made up his mind that the results are going to be negative so the test is really a motion of events rather than a scientific experiment.

He has no place in this discussion as a valid contributor to objective debate other than exposing him as a scientific fraud. I have great respect for scientific evidence provided by anyone but I find this corruption of truth despicable.

Am I just lizard food?
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: November 28, 2006 09:03PM

The supernatural claims you say Randi cannot prove, no one has proven.

No psychic powers have ever been proven through science with research results, which have been peer reviewed and published within any reputable scientific journal.

Such claims typically rely upon and/or cite anecdotal evidence.

Am I just lizard food?
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: November 28, 2006 09:16PM

What is most likely happening when people think they are experiencing "psychic" moments, is they are falling prey to the Confirmation Bias [skepdic.com]

The only way to try and sort that out would be by engaging in very careful tests, using trained independent observers.

Its a serious drag to see so much false information being apparently genuinely believed about James Randi and his processes, especially in a forum dedicated to debunking cult leaders. It appears those who have worked against James Randi by spreading false information have worked hard. They do this to Randi, as Randi has gone after them, and exposed their con games. Many people make millions by tricking the public, and they have spent years spreading false information about the James Randi protocol, so they can keep their followers, who pay their bills, and buy their "services".
I can tell you facutally, that the processes set up by Randi are sound, and if anyone could actually do something "paranormal" they could win the prize, and change the world, and I would personally help them do it.
All they have to do is move a pin one centimeter with their mind, or read another person's mind, or make accurate predictions about the future, its a very simple protocol. But no one has EVER done it, in a way that has been verified. If anyone can do anything paranormal, even the tiniest thing, and PROVE it, then I can have them on the cover of Time magazine, Nature and Science magazine in a few months, and make them as famous as Einstein.

By the way, countless cult leaders claim Supernatural Powers, but not ONE of them, has EVER proven any of their claims. Basically all organized big-time cult leaders know they are frauds, and they perpetrate this Supernatural fraud on their followers to make them think they are powerful and special.

But I think the regular folks who think they have psychic powers, are experiencing the Confirmation Bias. [skepdic.com]
The only way to figure it out are careful scientific tests, which are not easy to carry out, and its easy to trick oneself.
But lets face it, many people enjoy believing that stuff as a type of personal religion and entertainment.

But again, I find the misinformation about James Randi, especially in a forum like this, to be depressing. But it does show that not everyone who attacks guys like Randi are the crooks and cons, but actually believe it. It would be interesting though to see where they picked up that information about Randi, and from which websites they got that misinformation. If you trace it back, its most likely coming from people who Randi has exposed, who are trying to save their own scam.

Am I just lizard food?
Posted by: cultreporter ()
Date: November 28, 2006 10:05PM

AntiCult you sound just like any cult member sticking up for their guru.

He was successfully sued by Geller - several times!

Deal with it.

None of us are here because we want to be indoctrinated into your new skeptic religion and being that many of us are ex-cult members we are too wise for it.

[b:280c67b3f1][Moderator note: no name calling or flaming, which is against the rules][/b:280c67b3f1]

Am I just lizard food?
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: November 28, 2006 10:29PM

cultreporter:

Warning--please don't engage in flaming, which is against the rules.

Randi is a widely respected debunker and won the MacArthur Foundation genius award.

And Randi ultimately prevailed in the litigation with Geller last time I checked, 1994 court ruling that required Geller to pay legal fees.

See [forums.randi.org]

There is no "skeptic" religion to preach.

What Randi and other skeptics do is debunk frauds, which is a general service to everyone and often includes debunking the claims of "cult leaders."

No one is trying to convert you.

By the way this thread is not about James Randi, it's about David Icke.

Am I just lizard food?
Posted by: cultreporter ()
Date: November 28, 2006 11:30PM

I much like this forum for the discussion of cults which I feel is let down by the people that constantly weigh in quoting from skeptics pages which as I have stated before are often people that have already made up their minds that such things do not exist.

I do not say that skeptics are wrong and that all phenomenoms do exist. I read the links that are posted -but I do not dismiss them out of hand either and nor have I seen any information that refutes every aspect of what Icke says, and it is quite a lot more than the reptile theory.

I would think there is a lot more to discuss than oh this guy is sick this guy is obviously crazy. If I am going to accept what Randi has to say I do not want to do it blindly I want to see the information he has that debunks every single person that he has dismissed as being invalid. I am sure it is something of interest for everyone whether they follow his work or they have doubts about certain 'phenomenom'.

There is a sugguestion, I posted it, that David Icke may have at least a cult like organisation going, but it does not seem to be proven. Maybe he just has a lot of supporters that think his work is worth spreading about. If he wrote novels (and there are a few here that say his work is fiction) and people organised for him to come and speak and promoted his books he would have no place here. As soon as someone contradicts mainline spirituality they begin to be labelled as dangerous. Icke's books are just as much political as they are spiritual and have many scientific elements, whether one accepts them or not. There is very little there about religion and what is there is mainly in context of the relationship between organised religion and politics.

I think about it and although the reptile thing does not sit well with me and I don't place any belief in it science is based on theories. Some of the most widely accepted notions of science, such as evolution and relativity are just theories. To those who understand these scientific disciplines (I don't) they may well seem as far fetched as reptilian bloodlines. There are many disputes in the scientific community and the only reasonable conclusion one can really come to is that we do not know everything yet.

There is actually nothing unethical about writing a book and selling it to people that want to read it. Unlike the cult I was involved with at least Icke offers up his background, which is not flattering and does contain information that can be readily used to discredit him, for scrutiny. He is not hiding out in a mansion in Hawaii.

No-one involved in this thread has offerred up anything that Icke is a cult leader or provided any specific detail as to what danger he poses. No matter how many dangerous cults there are, and as Rick Ross proves to us there are many, it does not stop people from the inclination to believe and seek knowledge. If people genuinely feel that there is a danger from someone then it is my opinion that in seeking to provide an alternative to the dangerous beliefs will only be effective if done with detail and rational argument rather than snide name calling and outright dismissing of anyone as simply insane.

Jokes are funny, I make them myself at the expense of my former guru all the time, but I would not want to rely on this to try to tell other people why he is the leader of a destructive cult.

Current Page: 8 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.