Don't quite know where to post this..
Posted by: dark_angel ()
Date: August 01, 2006 02:15PM

hi im sarah, just joined a min ago. umm 2 reasons for the new subject.
1: someone has stolen content from this site. the web address is [www.culteducation.com]

and 2: i am doing an assignment about cults and i need to answer the following questions:

What is a cult?

How have cults affected the world today?

and Should cults be banned?

i have found little infomation on question 2 and have found little opinions on question 3! any help would be much appreciated!! :)

cheers
sarah

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: August 01, 2006 06:06PM

See [www.culteducation.com]

And [www.culteducation.com]

In the US cults cannot be banned.

Cults can be prosecuted for any criminal acts they may do as would anyone by the authorities.

The public can also be educated about cults and what they do.

This is the best response to cults within a free society.

Posted by: mjr40 ()
Date: August 03, 2006 11:11PM

Excellent point Rick. It should be noted that banning cults can be a double-edged sword, since the cults could in turn come to power and ban anti-cult/free groups. And following up on what Rick said, cults do in engage in criminal behavior on a regular basis, such as harassment and stalking. Here is a Cease and Desist Order that has been used many times against the Opus Dei cult and can be used by other ones as well:

[www.crcnyc.net]

Dear Sir or Madam:

This CEASE AND DESIST ORDER is to inform you that your and the Opus Dei cult's harassing and intimidating actions against my fellow Catholics and I has become unbearable. Such anti-social behavior is completely unacceptable and will not be tolerated in any way, shape or form.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.