Faith Fellowship Ministries World Outreach Center
Posted by: richardmgreen ()
Date: February 20, 2006 02:06AM

This organization is based in Sayreville,NJ. One of my friends gave them quite a bit of money and he's unhappy now that he did that and he now hates them in the same way that I can't stand th Chabad Lubavitch. He actually said that in an email he sent to me the other day.
The pastor, David T. Demola, believes in faith healing and one of my contacts from the church tried a number of times to get me to stop taking my psychotropic meds and my diabetes and blood pressure meds.
He recently got on my case to tell him what "caused my fall from grace" ie my psychiatric condition. I'm tired of being preached to by him.
They moved to this building about 4 years ago having outgrown a previous one in Edison, NJ. They are outgrowing this one too. The monthly electric bill is over 20 K dollars and they pass the plate a lot.
I don't know if they are involved in the community except to make more disciples and raise more money to expand the movement. One brochure claimed they had 6 thousand families but by now they probably have more.
I mentioned the complaints about BennyHinn to the person who brings me to these meetings and he asked me what about the people who don't complain.
My contact keeps bringing up New Testament verses to the effect of how "we are healed by his (Jesus') stripes" and how he expects me to be able to be healed due to faith. I think what I need is a break and I'm working on becoming a freelance writer. I'm taking a course in it and am averaging an "A."
My contact at the church has been spending a lot of effort trying to get me to tithe. The amount of money I get from the Federal gov't due to my disability is very small and I cant' afford to tithe. Furthermore, if I did tithe it would be to First Presbyterian Church of Avenel which is my elected home church. I also don't think it's his business.
Can anyone add to this. Their website is:
[www.ffmwoc.org]
I actually went to 3 meetings a week sponsored either at the church or at a Bible study run by someone in the church. They've been very hospitable to me. The guy who runs the study donated a 700 weightlifting machine to me which I needed after I sold my free weight equipment because I can't train on it due to injuries. But my guard remains up anyway. Hickman's cult was very positive when I first joined it then it went sour.
Someone from FFM found these postings and my contact confronted me. I told him it was me. I don't scare easy. He told me that if I was going to write about what was going on he didn't want to take me to the meetings and I said that was fine. Then he tried to get me to go to the Thursday night meetings. I later called him up and told him that I wanted to dissasociate myself from the congregation.
FFM does not say that they're the only valid denomination. They maintain that they're a church that preaches the "uncompromised Word of God." And they say if your home church is a good one to stay there.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: May 24, 2006 07:20AM

Vinnie Longo and David Demola both claim to be able to faith heal people.
Vinnie claimed last week at the "Victory in Jesus" meeting that he actually healed someone of cancer and he also makes claims about healing people who walk on crutches.
Pastor Demola, similarly makes those types of claims and he claims that in foreign countries, these types of miracles happen all the tim.
Rick Ross was on Channel 11 news last night and he said that there are disatrous consequences in cases of faith healing. Can anyone expand on all of this in brief?

Date: August 04, 2006 11:34PM

The whole Christian thing seems to be coming apart at the seams. Even in the Presbyterian Church I keep winding up in snits with people. It's long story, but organized religion seems to be a problem for me.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.