Current Page: 91 of 110
The Trinity Foundation of Dallas, Texas
Posted by: counselor47 ()
Date: June 06, 2007 09:43PM

NathanA
I can see where you are coming from Doug in what you say about Ole being a lone ranger type. You could say he is uncomprimising in what he believes. I guess it depends on how you interpret it. There are some good questions about where true accountability is there that I think you have raised. It is not healthy if you can't be submitted to others, but you have to discern who is someone you ought to be submitted to. If you just need to be more radical than everyone else, then you can lose sight of the greatest commandments of Christ which are to love God with your whole being and to love others as yourself. I guess it takes discernment to know what the case is with Ole. I also appreciate you saying that it is not wise to judge another's salvation. I think the passage you cited worked well to demsonstrate that.
I think you put that well, Nathan. A lot of what drives Ole is his need to be more radical than everyone else, and that causes him to neglect the weightier matters, such as mercy.
I think the right spirit to approach this in is, like Mark says, to pray for them. In Ezekiel 33 we read,
[b:204d3b1295]11: Say to them, As I live, says the Lord GOD, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but that the wicked turn from his way and live; turn back, turn back from your evil ways; for why will you die, O house of Israel?[/b:204d3b1295]

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: NathanA ()
Date: June 07, 2007 01:18AM

To clarify Mark, that incident does not mean your words are not trustworthy by necessity. It just makes me hope you are concerned with being fair to both sides.

It is not surprising to me that you guys would be critical of Doug for being fair and balanced. That seems to me to be what some of you lack in this discussion. I know I have lacked it too at times. It is easier just to write someone or something off, than to give it complete examination. It can make you feel righteous, but there is no integrity in that.

Posted by: Mark Scheiderer ()
Date: June 07, 2007 07:17AM

Zeuszor-

You can't take hallucinogenic (sp?) drugs and NOT open yourself up to demonic influence.
As far as I'm concerned, the fact that he did "schrooms" seals it for me. He's demonically controlled. If anyone can find his testimony - which he's probably removed from anywhere on the net - you will see that it is nothing more than a "supernatural experience" and NOT a genuine conversion experience.
One other thing for all to consider: Just because Ole and TFI have done good things in the past does NOT mean he or they are Christian or a Christian organization. We are to judge "trees" by ALL the fruit they bear. Ole's "tree" drops poisoned fruit.

IMHO, its time for less talk and more exposure.

Mark

Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: June 07, 2007 11:52AM

IMHO, its time for less talk and more exposure.

Well, I know that I have contacted everybody I can think of, and the local paper (the [i:7b8d1ae1fd]Dallas Morning News[/i:7b8d1ae1fd] has no interest in covering it. The Obsever, obviously. Doug and Wendy I know for a fact are always on the lookout for some new blog or columnist to share the information and their stories with. I have had email exchanges with people as far away as England and South Africa, Canada, and from Kentucky to California to New York. Further, I have noticed how the names of TFI and OA are never mentioned on TV anymore, at least as far as I've seen.

So as far as more exposure, Mark, what do you suggest? Got any good ideas, my friend?

Posted by: counselor47 ()
Date: June 07, 2007 09:16PM

Think Christian weighs in:

[www.thinkchristian.net]

Date: June 11, 2007 05:01AM

Mark, you won't even acknowledge your own fault while you continue to call Ole Anthony a charlatan. If you guys can't have some self-honesty in your own circle here, how can you rightly call TFI to accountability? Pull the log out of your own eye, then you will see clearly to pull the speck out of your brother's eye. The rest of you guys ought to call Mark on this too, if you claim to be fair and just. You wanna talk about bad fruit, it starts right where someone won't acknowledge their own shortcomings.

Date: June 11, 2007 05:14AM

And if you are going to hold Ole's past drug use against him now Mark, you might as well do the same thing to Zeusor here. He must be demon possessed too because he was secretly smoking pot when he lived at TFI. Thankfully Brian did admitt to this. I only bring it up, because of the way you are accusing Ole. This is just more evidence of the lack of objectivity in this discussion.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: June 11, 2007 07:55PM

NathanA:

You are personally attacking people at the board, which is against the rules.

The thread topic is Ole Anthony and the Trinity Foundation.

Attacking people personally is not on topic.

Date: June 12, 2007 10:14AM

I don't mean to be rude, but you too lack objectivity in this Mr. Ross. Trinity Foundation has for the most part been a transparent and open group. If these people misrepresent them, they will misrepresent others who defend them. Mark said that Jackie Alnor retracted her statement about TFI and accused me of lying about that on this discussion board. His statement was proven false when Bill Alnor posted. Even when this kind of untruth occurs here, none of you will even admitt to that. This isn't a healthy balanced discussion. This is a board for deriding Trinity Foundation. Because I am the only own who disagrees here currently, you find fault with me because I stand out. I am not attacking these people personally, I am challenging them to regain the balance they have lost in this discussion.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: June 12, 2007 11:00AM

Nathan:

You are rude and have been rude repeatedly on this thread.

It appears that your only purpose here is as an apologist for Trinity.

Frankly, in my opinion you are actually an embarassment to that organization.

If all you have to offer here is the same defenses and personal attacks over and over again perhaps you should move on.

Current Page: 91 of 110

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.