Current Page: 66 of 110
The Trinity Foundation of Dallas, Texas
Posted by: cultaware ()
Date: January 26, 2007 10:09AM

Of course. But one can leave correctly. Quietly and with one's tail between one's legs. The almost-disciple. Excellent post counselor. Sums things up well.
cultaware

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: counselor47 ()
Date: January 27, 2007 03:20AM

I want to expand a little bit further on the idea that we would not have been able to get it right no matter what we did. Now that I think about it, practically everything was like that at Trinity—and with Ole in particular. For example, when I wanted to marry Wendy I talked to Ole about it and he told me I had to first discuss it with my Seder leaders, Jan and Garth Brown. When I spoke to them about it they were favorably disposed, but then Ole blew up at me because I talked to them first and not him. Take this experience and multiply it by 100,000, and there you have the summation of Trinity Foundation. Ole’s technique was always to keep you off balance—something he was good at. He had had much practice at this, and it seemed to come naturally to him. I presume he learned it early on, probably on Satan’s knee.

The idea of going back and talking to those people feels like being told to return to a very bad acid trip, a set up for another round of mind-fucking. Thank you for your concern, Nathan, but I am going to have to politely decline.

Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: January 27, 2007 07:37AM

One pill makes you larger, and one pill makes you small
And the ones that mother gives you, don't do anything at all

Go ask Alice, when she's ten feet tall

And if you go chasing rabbits, and you know you're going to fall
Tell 'em a hookah-smoking caterpillar has given you the call

And call Alice, when she was just small

When the men on the chessboard get up and tell you where to go
And you've just had some kind of mushroom, and your mind is moving low

Go ask Alice, I think she'll know

When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead
And the white knight is talking backwards
And the red queen's off with her head
Remember what the dormouse said
Feed your head, feed your head

Posted by: seeking ()
Date: January 27, 2007 08:36AM

When the truth is found
To be lies.
You know the joy within you dies.

Sums up TFI.

Posted by: counselor47 ()
Date: January 27, 2007 09:57AM

It's funny you mention this, Seeking. When I realized that Ole might have lied about aspects of the original Tilton investigation that was on PrimeTime Live and colluded with ABC to plant those prayer requests that were found in the trash, I actually went to Borders and bought a copy of this CD just to listen to this song. Here are the lyrics:

When the truth is found to be lies
And all the joy within you dies

Don't you want somebody to love
Don't you need somebody to love
Wouldn't you love somebody to love
You better find somebody to love

When the garden flowers baby are dead yes
And your mind is full of red

Your eyes, I say your eyes may look like his
But in your head baby I'm afraid you don't know where it is

Tears are running ah running down your breast
And your friends baby they treat you like a guest

Posted by: NathanA ()
Date: January 27, 2007 11:08AM

The idea of going back and talking to those people feels like being told to return to a very bad acid trip, a set up for another round of mind-fucking. Thank you for your concern, Nathan, but I am going to have to politely decline

I am sorry you feel that way. I do not believe it is all Trinity's fault in this, I think you yourself need to come clean, before you expect others to do so.

Nathan, would you tell a former member of Scientology or any other cult that he should go to his cult leader and discuss his concerns before he writes about his experience?

In my opinion, if you are dealing with a cult, the rules are different.

I think in certain cases they should. I think that as the Christian adage goes, "Love your enemy and do go to those that mistreat you" that it follows to give your enemy ample opportunity to repent insofar as it is possible to do so. Yet, Doug has made a judgement that Ole and others would not repent if he talked to them. I think that is dangerous if what Christ said is true, "with the measure you use, it will be used back to you and even more" or "mercy triumphs over judgement." I mention these things because Doug is supposed to have left TFI with his faith still remaining. Selah.

Date: January 28, 2007 02:02AM

I am sorry you feel that way. I do not believe it is all Trinity's fault in this, I think you yourself need to come clean, before you expect others to do so.
It is interesting that you use a not so subtle threat in you response to Doug. Sounds like someone is gossiping at TF. I'm beginning to believe that you and TF deserve each other. Especially when you resort to this unholy tactic. This is yet another reason many ex-members refuse to speak out. I fear you have become an enabler allowing TF to continue to hurt people by proxy. I hope you are proud of your work for them.
cultaware

Posted by: seeking ()
Date: January 28, 2007 02:53AM

counselor47

They have Moses and the Scriptures, let them hear them. Let them read Wendy’s book with some honesty and true vulnerability.

I think it's about time to shake the dust off our feet with good old Nathan. He does not have ears to hear.

Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: January 28, 2007 07:02AM

NathanA
If I were acting as a middle man Brian, I would state here publicly the case TFI has against you. Feel fortunate that I have refrained from that, and go ask them the questions yourself. I do not want to be accused of twisting information. If you are so sincerely concerned about these issues, you will show the courage to confront TFI yourself and discuss those things with them. I find them to be more reasonable and open than you or Doug have said. Phone Pete and talk to him. Your real problem is with them and not me. So give it a rest.

Nathan, I came clean about my own personal failings during my time with TFI a long time ago. I have said it before and I'll say it again: you are a troll. You only show up here to insult and annoy people and contribute nothing other than that to the discussion. And you never have. I am contacting the moderator to try and get you banned.

Date: January 28, 2007 09:31AM

Zeusor,
You may be correct. We have been had again it seems.
cultaware

Current Page: 66 of 110

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.