Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Kenja - Harmless?
Posted by: Daisy27 ()
Date: July 26, 2007 09:24PM

Actually people deny even what they have experienced first hand.

I note that Scribble has a documentary on Kenja called [b:fecc5a17c8]Beyond Our Ken[/b:fecc5a17c8] screening at the Melbourne International Film Festival on August 5th 2007. It'll be interesting to see what she's made of her investigation.

No, I'm not aka Scribble.

I was in Kenja for around 10 years. It all went on in front of my eyes. Did I see it? Nope, not at the time. Did it happen? Yep.

In light of the doco, it's an intriguing coincidence that Ken committed suicide yesterday. Especially when he was so scathing and heartless when Peter Farragher committed suicide over a decade ago.

Options: ReplyQuote
Kenja - Harmless?
Posted by: bentlyhunter ()
Date: July 29, 2007 08:09PM

Hi Daisy. That is true. It is very disturbing that the group finds everyone but Ken responsible for his death, and yet Peter was the only one responsible for his death.

two rules.

death by gunshot is very violent, it exposes a degree of self hatred I think. And shooting yourself in a room above your wife does not say a great deal about the relationship.

the 'marriage' was probably not as good as Ms Hamilton is suggesting in her tribute

Kenja - Harmless?
Posted by: Daisy27 ()
Date: July 30, 2007 06:11AM

Certainly his suicide is grist to the Kenja meme of martyrdom and the unprovoked witchhunt. Note the admonishment on Ken's site that his opponents 'should feel guilty for their responsibility in this'. It's exactly the sort of double standard routinely perpetrated there: one rule for followers, another entirely for Ken.

Whether he was driven to suicide by depression - counter to his Brave, Happy Face public persona - or whether he actually did have Alzheimer's and multiple serious health issues as so often trawled out in court cases, and was facing bleak years of encroaching loss, is open to speculation. I can definitely see him practising self-euthanasia. At the same time, as you point out bentlyhunter, it's a melodratic, violent and hostile act to use a shotgun when a few other, less spectacular, options exist.

It would not be unlike him to present Jan with yet another impossible situation to handle. His deep lack of affinity was frequently justified as tough love.

Re: Kenja - Harmless?
Posted by: Oerlikon ()
Date: February 12, 2010 09:57AM

The following is an interview on the Kenja group. What's described has a close resemblance to Scientology; the founder was at one time a Scientologist. Scientology's takeover of the Australian cult awareness network is discussed briefly.

[www.abc.net.au]

Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.