Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Kenja - Harmless?
Posted by: scribble ()
Date: March 09, 2006 12:44PM

Does anyone here consider Kenja a 'Destructive cult'?
I've been attending their sessions/lectures, and what they believe seems relativley harmless to me.
Just a bunch of people getting together to hang out/learn new skills, and release negative energies...
Has anyone here had any bad experiences of the group?

Options: ReplyQuote
Kenja - Harmless?
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: March 09, 2006 07:52PM

See [www.culteducation.com]

Pretty controversial group called a "cult."

The leader is charged in sex case.

Kenja - Harmless?
Date: March 10, 2006 01:40PM

Yes, I have become aware of these charges Ken Dyers faces, however these have been dismissed by Kenja members I have spoken to as false. Apparently some former members are out to destroy the group with bogus allegations.

I was wondering if any former members frequented this site who have first hand experience as to why this group is bad news.

I have witnessed nothing sinister so far.

Kenja - Harmless?
Date: March 10, 2006 07:53PM

Dismissing the fact that Dyer is facing serious criminal charges seems to reflect that the group members don't think things through critically or independently.

Not a good sign.

Claims of "persecution" from former members doesn't change the fact that Dyer is in serious trouble regarding his bad behavior.

Certainly the authorities have decided that the charges are not "bogus" and would not be prosecuting Dyer if they didn't think the charges were true.

His military record indicates that he had mental problems during his service in WWII and apparently lied about his war record later.

I have received very serious complaints about the Kenja group and would caution anyone that it is potentially unsafe.

Since you have already dismissed the concerns of former members regarding Dyer's current criminal charges it doen't seem that you really care what former members think. That is, unless they agree with your opinion of the group.

In my opinion the group appears to be a "destructive cult."

Kenja - Harmless?
Date: March 11, 2006 08:01AM

Well, I guess we'll just have to wait until the court case to see if Ken Dyers did these terrible things. I guess, having met him I find it hard to believe.
I will reserve my judgement until I hear the evidence.

I was really just wondering if anyone had any negative experiences of their time in the group?
All I have seen so far is a group which learns new skills and helps people clear negative experiences holding them back.

Perhaps I am yet to see this negative impact, or perhaps it does not exist?
That is why I am here, to see if there is anyone has any genuine first hand experiences of Kenja that should make me cease my involvement.

Kenja - Harmless?
Date: March 11, 2006 10:30AM

People have had very negative experiences with Dyer and his Kenja group.

22 charges relating to the alleged aggravated and indecent sexual assault of two girls, both aged 12, between December 2001 and July 2002 at the Surry Hills base of the Kenja Communications sect...Police say the offences occured in "one-on-one sessions designed to assist in clearing negative energies."

Doesn't sound like Dyer treated these children very well.

Do you think diehard Dyer followers will actually accept a guilty verdict from the court verdict or will that dismiss that too as you seem to do on this message board?

Kenja - Harmless?
Date: March 24, 2006 08:50AM

I will personally wait to hear the evidence presented in court, as should everyone.
Everything else is conjecture, that is why I came on this site to hear any 1st hand negative experiences of the group. None has been forthcoming.

I am trying to find out if there really is anything more to the group than just a bunch of people learning new skills, meditating, and enjoying each others company. Because thats all i've seen so far.

I shall leave this thread here, and keep checking back incase someone wants to tell me why Kenja is something to stay way from.
Is it possible that this persecution is caused by predjudice due to the scary 'cult' tag?

Kenja - Harmless?
Date: March 24, 2006 12:37PM

There is information up at the database that would cause any thinking person to avoid Kenja.

But apprently you wish to ignore that.

It seems you are not really here to learn anything, but rather to defend the group and its leader.

Kenja - Harmless?
Date: March 26, 2006 02:46PM

I dont see any merit in the moral tennis game taking place here, This is certainly not what I came on the site for.

However, I do feel the need to draw attention to the fact that at no point have I defended Kenja, or Ken Dyers in any of the above threads.
I have merely stated that I have not witnessed anything paticularly sinister during my encounters with the group.
That is not to say that my mind is closed to the possibility that Kenja could have/has had a negative effect on people. That is precisely what I am trying to find out.

My intention was soley to hear from any former Kenja members who might wish to advise me as to why getting involved with Kenja is a bad idea.
One can only trust firsthand testimony, I do not give any credence to heresay, or rumour. The sole purpose of my coming on this site was to hear if any people in the forum had any stories demonstrating any of the negative aspects dipicted in the press.

I encouage further debate with anyone who would like to get involved. Particularly If you are, or have been a member of Kenja.

Kenja - Harmless?
Date: March 26, 2006 09:06PM

Scribble:

Your comments on this thread are those of someone not willing to accept the facts, which in the case of Kenja are overwhelming and well documented by the press and public statements by former members.

"The Monthly" in Australia specifically documents the story of Cornelia Rau and others hurt by Dyer through his group Kenja.

Here a few excerpts:

"One young man, Michael Beaver, who had been inside Kenja between 1988 and 1990, informed Mutch that he was now 'a diagnosed schizophrenic who had been hospitalised five times due to Kenja.'”

A number of ex-Kenja women spoke of Dyers’ sexual predations.

"Another anonymous informant wrote of her seduction. 'During our weekly sessions, Ken became more and more interested in exploring the sexual hang-ups he felt I had. This involved more touching in the genital area, mutually … This escalated to oral sex on my part …”'Dyers suggested Energy Conversion lying down. 'This led to sex and he thanked me for it.'”

Dyer has been in court repeatedly on sex charges. Previously he managed to overturn convictions on appeal on technichal groups. But now he is once again in court and the evidence is considerable.

Also see [www.culteducation.com]

Dyer is referred to by the Daily Telegraph as "the guru behind the mysterious religious cult."

Dyer's military record is interesting.

Dyer was discharged due to "menatl instability."

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.