Current Page: 2 of 3
Kenja - Harmless?
Posted by: bentlyhunter ()
Date: April 05, 2006 11:51AM

There are many people who have been damaged by the Kenja Cult. Peter Farragher, a long time executive commited suicide after being expelled by the group. Michael Beaver commited suicide. Cornelia Rau went into mental health decline after an 'Eistedfod'. Richard Leape is missing with fears for his safety after a decade with out word from him. There were four girls who brought charges of sexual molestation against Dyers a decade ago, for which he was convicted, and his defence remains the same now as it was then. A television program aired with six women claiming distatsteful sexual allegations, with the television producers explaining they had to help the ladies come forward and make the complaints, backed up by affadavits, as they were scared of mr Dyers.

Mr Dyers and Ms Hamilton are untrained people who dabble in the lucrative end of the self help/mental health industry. Unfortunately, through thier lack of knowledge they leave some people adversley affected.

There is ample evidence in the public domain. I think you are of the school of Afghan tribal elders where twelve senior community members had to witness a rape before it could be called a rape.

More probable however, after reviewing your dialoge, is that you are a Kenja member trying to subvert this web site. This is something the Kenja group does, and your answers have the same pathological calmness, in the face of abhorent crime, one expects from the group. If this is the case, you should desist. You have shown an unwillingness to observe the obvious, and are consistently returning to your theme. As this is not an honest desire to find out information, I can not see the point in engaging any further with you on this subject. Read what has been presented, and go and do your homework.

Options: ReplyQuote
Kenja - Harmless?
Posted by: scribble ()
Date: June 20, 2006 05:04PM

Hi Bently Hunter,
Thankyou for your post, all of the information contained within these posts has been around for a while, however your link is the first time I have ever heard the name Peter Farragher.
The Kenja heirachy has very convincing answers for all of the accusations levied against them and Ken Dyers, however it sounds to me as though you may have had some first hand experience of the group, would this be true?
I say this because the name Peter Farragher has never been mentioned in any of the extensive media articles published over the last 20 years. I can therefore only assume that you either knew this man or have an alternative 1st hand source of information.
Would you be prepared to engage in private correspondance with me on this matter? I am unable to send you a private message as i have not posted 10 messages yet (this site's limit before being allowed to message other members), however I shall soon be at that number, or maybe the site can put us in contact?

I should very much like to talk further Bentlyhunter, please respond.

Likewise, anyone with 1st hand experience of Kenja both positive and negative, please use this site to inform.
It is important we use such forums for informative, non-hysterical debate on these matters.
Once again, I assure you there is no agenda here other than to discover the truth. I urge you to make no assumptions about any alternative sinister motivation on my part. I only wish to hear 1st hand testimony of Kenja's impact on those who have been involved directly with the group.

The truth will out.

Kenja - Harmless?
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: June 20, 2006 08:11PM

Scribble:

You don't seem to be interested int he "truth" at all.

The facts are well-established regarding Dyer and Kenja, but you have chosen to ignore them.

Whatever communication you wish to make with anyone at this board, I suggest should be made publicly through posts on the board and not through any private messaging.

You appear to be a Kenja apologist and anyone that looks through your past posts can see that.

FYI--Ken Dyer has a history of mental illness that goes back to his days in the military.

See [www.cultnews.com]

Ken Dyers likes to refer to himself as a “war veteran.” On his Web site he states, “I served my country in World War II.”

And at times the media has reported that he is a “WWII veteran.”

But what the purported “cult leader” doesn’t say is that his military service record was far less than distinguished.

Apparently not tested by combat Dyers highest rank was corporal and he was a transport driver. In 1944 after being found “guilty of AWL” (absent without leave) the future founder of Kenja was busted back to private.

Here is a 1941 official photo of Dyers during wartime.

Finally, the Australian Military Forces decided to dump Dyers, stating that the cause was “mental instability.”

Not exactly the type of war record most men would want to brag about or even draw attention to, but maybe Mr. Dyers thought no one would check it out.

Kenneth Dyers went on to become “a highly respected public speaker…presenting national public lectures on increasing personal effectiveness through positive communication.”

Well, that’s what his official Web site claims.

However, to those not so easily swayed by Mr. Dyer’s rhetoric and his self-proclaimed speaker status, the man now charged with sexually abusing children seems to have continued his youthful “mental instability” well into old age.

Kenja - Harmless?
Date: June 21, 2006 10:43AM

Thankyou for reminding us of the facts held on this site, this is another important service Rick Ross provides.

I assure you I am not an 'apologist', I am not on this site to blindly defend Kenja. If Ken Dyers did the things he is accused of then he deserves to go to jail, as I have said before I shall wait for the trial and make my judgement in line with the evidence presented.
Likewise, if Kenja is a destructive cult it deserves to fold.
The purpose of this site is to allow those who have had negative experiences of 'cults' to voice them and thus sound the alarm bell for others.

This is exactly what I am asking former members to do, come here and tell their stories.
I am not an apologist, I am here for facts.

Aside from the military service records you have uncovered, everything else here is 2nd/3rd/4th hand testimony reported via various media sources.
This is useful, however it should be remembered that such sources are not always as accurate as we would like.

The response from Bentlyhunter (above) is therefore very interesting beacause it appears to come from someone with 1st hand knowledge of Kenja, I should love to hear more from him/her.

That is why this site is extremely important as it allows first hand testimony to be shared without spin, sensationalism or censorship.
So lets hear it.

Kenja - Harmless?
Date: June 21, 2006 07:26PM

Anyone reading your responses on this thread might otherwise easily conclude that you label as "spin" anything you have chosen to disregard for your own reasons.

Dyer is being prosecuted for very serious crimes.

He is faces charges for sexually abusing a minor child.

His military record likewise reflects a disturbing history, not some brave veteran of WWII, as he would have the public believe.

Kenja - Harmless?
Date: June 25, 2006 07:22PM

Ken Dyers' trial is certainly not spin, he has been accused of something quite abhorrent. Should he be found guilty he will quite rightly be put away for the rest of his days.
His military service record is clearly an indication of a troubled early life, and an indication of how he has reinvented himself. It is of value to those interested in Kenja, and useful that you have submitted it to the public record on this site.
I have never disputed that dyers is on trial, nor have I disputed the validity of the Dyers military papers on display here.

All I have ever asked is for persons who have been involved with Kenja to come forward on this site and present their experiences (good or bad) for the information of others.

Should any reader have had an experience of this group, I ask them to please present their testimony here should they be so inclined.
I am most interested to hear it, i'm sure many other Australians are too.

Please talk to us all.

Kenja - Harmless?
Date: June 25, 2006 08:06PM

Scibble:

Didn't you previously say that you did not see anything wrong or of concern about Kenja?

Yes, I have become aware of these charges Ken Dyers faces, however these have been dismissed by Kenja members I have spoken to as false. Apparently some former members are out to destroy the group with bogus allegations.

I was wondering if any former members frequented this site who have first hand experience as to why this group is bad news.

I have witnessed nothing sinister so far.

And you did indicate some personal connection to the group. That is, that you had attended some function or come in contact with members.

Kenja - Harmless?
Date: June 27, 2006 03:16PM

My motivation for coming on this site was never to get into a tedious game of semantics with the moderator. Nor was it to 'subvert' the site with 'cult' propaganda.

I have been honest that I have attended Kenja sessions, and that nothing sinister has ever been witnessed by me personally.
I have read all the media articles on the group, and all the information contained within the Rick Ross website.

It is because of this Juxtaposition between my personal experiences and the scathing external reports from many varied sources that I came to this site.
I came to this site to try to hear anonymous personal testimony from any persons currently or previously invloved with the group (either positve or negative).
This is all I have ever asked for.

I understand the moderator's sceptisism, he/she has only ever had experience of the reports contained within this website. His/her motivations behind the responses to my threads are pure. However they are borne out of an underlying prejudice that any person trying to look beyond the Kenja media reports must be either brainwashed or attempting to spread misinformation.

I am neither, I have never contradicted myself, I am here to stimulate debate from those who have had experience of Kenja.

If you have something to say about your time with Kenja (good or bad) then please say it here, I will value it.

Lets stop the back and forth now please moderator, we are after the same thing, the truth.

Kenja - Harmless?
Date: June 27, 2006 07:43PM

Scribble:

There are threads within this message board where participants and/or apologists connected to many groups saying essentially the same thing over and over.

I have attended (fill in group name)...and...nothing sinister has ever been witnessed by me personally.

In other words, whatever is reported through court documents, testimony and news reports is somehow not relevant because it's not your experience.

Using the same logic, the Ku Klux Klan, North Korea and even driving drunk is not bad, because unless it has "been witnessed...personally" it isn't compelling and is "nothing sinister."

This would preclude from consideration anything less than first-hand experience, everything else can then be denied.

This fits better under the category of denial and though tedious, is not a game of semantics, but is often a tactic for apologists.

If you want first-hand experience go to the court proceedings and witness the testimony of those hurt by Dyers and Kenja.

Kenja - Harmless?
Posted by: Worried_Dad ()
Date: July 09, 2006 06:18PM

If Dyers was convicted of molesting four girls, what more do you need?

Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.