Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Cult Rapist In Portland
Posted by: batman1976 ()
Date: February 02, 2006 12:33AM

Does anyone here know about a cult in Portland Oregon lead by a 36 year old skinny black guy with dreadlocks?
He kidnapped and raped my girlfriend and I want to expose his cult.
She barely escaped and is too afraid to press kidnapping and rape charges against him.
He lives on the top floor of an apartment building near one of the 24 hour fitness gyms downtown.
I know it's not much to go on, but any help would be appreciated.
He is associated with a white guy from Utah named James. I believe James might be a recruiter for him.

Options: ReplyQuote
Cult Rapist In Portland
Posted by: Eric Blair ()
Date: February 02, 2006 12:54PM

Speaking as someone who was at one time involved with a violent cult, I would vigourusly pursue this matter with law enforcement and use all legal options at your disposal to distance this person from yourself and your loved one.

There will be time to "expose" this cult member, but it sounds like you need to make sure that he ends up in a jail cell before you worry about taking him on in the way you are talking about in this forum.

Assuming what you said is 100% true, you are very angry and justifiably so, just remember that there are some battles that are more important to be waged at later times. My advice would be to concentrate on supporting your girlfriend and let the cops do their job and than eventually you can possibly get into investigating this guys cult involvement.

Don't let anger overtake your priorities in life. Trust me, it is a mistake you will deeply regret in the long run

Cult Rapist In Portland
Date: February 03, 2006 12:04AM

She is too afraid to call the police. She says that he told her that if she tries to press charges, he will show the police the "training" contract she signed that apparently states that she agrees to ANY type of training that he wanted in order for her to gain human potential.
So unless she goes to the police, this guy is going to be doing this to young women in Portland forever.
I can't stand even driving by the building where he is at knowing that he could be kidnapping and raping someone else.
You are right though. The best thing to do will be to just support my girlfriend and forget about the whole thing.

Cult Rapist In Portland
Posted by: Gulab Jamon ()
Date: February 03, 2006 01:45AM

batman1976
She is too afraid to call the police. She says that he told her that if she tries to press charges, he will show the police the "training" contract she signed that apparently states that she agrees to ANY type of training that he wanted in order for her to gain human potential..

I don't see how any such contract could be considered legally binding. Rape is illegal no matter what type of contract was signed. If this man had instead forced your girlfriend to commit murder, would you also consider that this was "allowed" because of a contract?

GO TO THE POLICE!

Cult Rapist In Portland
Date: February 03, 2006 07:11AM

If she won't press charges or testify or anything, theres nothing I can do.
I could only tell them what she told me.
I would have to somehow convince her to take the first step and go to the police. Since it has been so long, there would be no physical evidence.
I'm not sure if he sent her emails letters or what.
How do you convince someone who is dealing with the pain of being raped that they need to take action in order for the rapist to be stopped?

Cult Rapist In Portland
Date: February 03, 2006 11:16AM

You are most certainly in a difficult position...I think you might have misconstrued what I was trying to convey in my previous post.

By no means should you "forget" what happened. My point was that you should just ensure that your prioritize things properly and the person who needs you the most is your girlfriend.

She should understand that this man is a predator and that he has probably done this to other women. And that if she doesn't take a stand that it is likely that more women will become victims of this predator.

Cultists exist and thrive in a climate of fear, break that spell of fear and you can often break the back of your opponent. This guy sounds like nothing more than a bully with a good deal of pyscholgical know how and an evil drive to exploit people. People like him are a dime a dozen and they go down all the time. It just takes someone standing up and saying emphatically what went down and sticking to the truth.

In addition to speaking to the cops (which you can do without her), you can also speak to a civil attorney as it sounds like you may have a civil case against this guy as well. I would only add that you move sooner rather than later as these kinds of guys tend to be transitory in order to stay underneath the radar screen of law enforcement and their victims.

You shouldn't worry one bit about whatever signed paperwork this guy is threatening. No judge will accept a contract for rape and depending on your states paticular laws, his own paperwork may be what brings him down.

Furthermore, there are rape crisis centers in every community in America and they offer their services for free. Find them and get your girlfriend connected and working towards recovery.

Perhaps with a little bit of time and energy and patieince she may come to see that coming forward will be the right thing, but she is just to scared right now. You should expect this.

Once again I want you to know that you can go to the police and withoug naming names or "outing" your girlfriend you can explore the options that you have and I think you will find that her fears are largely without merit.

This guy needs to go down, you just have to be smart about it.

Cult Rapist In Portland
Date: February 03, 2006 11:56PM

I will consider all of your advise. Thank you so much.
My main concern is for her safety and wellness, but I also want to see this wack-job put in prison for what he's done.
Are you sure I can go to the police if she won't testify or get involved at all?

Cult Rapist In Portland
Posted by: Gulab Jamon ()
Date: February 05, 2006 01:47AM

batman1976
Are you sure I can go to the police if she won't testify or get involved at all?

You can't press charges if you yourself weren't the victim of the crime, but I think Eric is right that you could go to the police and ask them for advice or whether they have any other complaints against this person.

Best of luck with this difficult situation! Please keep us posted.

Cult Rapist In Portland
Date: February 05, 2006 11:41AM

It is more than reasonable to assume that the person who has done this has done this before and has no reason to not do it again.

While this person may not be a member of a specific cult, he seems as if he has used typical, authoritarian, cultish methods, in order to accomplish his goals...

On a level of personal education, you may want to check out a book called "The Guru Papers". It might help you and your girlfriend understand just how you all ended up in this predicament.

Regarding the legal matters, in addition to contacting your local law enforcement, I would also strongly urge you to contact a civil attorney as well. Often, attorneys have a "free" inital consultation and they would be able to offer you a more clear picture of your options, both criminally and civilally.

Unfortunatly, this kind of thing happens more often than people would like to admit. Your girlfriend is by no means alone in her victimization, but the only way to stop these bastards is to take a stand and face them and expose them for the criminals that they are.

Best of luck,
EB

Cult Rapist In Portland
Posted by: Hope ()
Date: February 05, 2006 10:03PM

The State Attorney General's office might be interested in this matter. They have a lot of power to investigate deep within organizations. Depending on the state, your complaint might remain anonymous to those they pursue.

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.