Re: Mooji a cult?
Posted by: outtheotherside ()
Date: July 14, 2019 02:24AM

hello all, I've been reading this thread with interest. I never wholeheartedly fell down the moo-hole but I did meet him and go to a retreat in London. There were many red flags for me but still I went along with it, mostly because I was quite vulnerable at the time.

His staff were the biggest red flag. They all seemed dissociated and not happy people. I couldn't understand the need for all the cameras everywhere, it was overkill. I've been to many global press events with less media coverage.

Anyway the thing I want to say today is... why can't they provide some professional support at their events? Considering the cost of the retreats then they easily afford to pay some therapists to help deal with any people experiencing psychological distress. If they cared they would. If they had nothing to hide they would. They have a duty of care but it seems religious/cult organisations can get away with whatever they like!

Oh one more thing. The cost of tickets compared with the cost of putting on a show. No lights, no big pyrotechnics, all the supporting artists are free. All you need is some flowers, a man in robes and a mic, such a great way to make money. Ok off topic but I noticed some Eckhart Tolle tickets for a 4-hour talk at the Royal Festival Hall going for £50-£250!!! two-hundred-and-fifty-pounds!!! At least with Moo you get robes and musical entertainment with some good looking people. ET just a little man in a tank top. Wait a minute his initials are ET - definitely something in that!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Sahara71 ()
Date: July 14, 2019 05:45AM

outtheotherside Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Anyway the thing I want to say today is... why
> can't they provide some professional support at
> their events? Considering the cost of the retreats
> then they easily afford to pay some therapists to
> help deal with any people experiencing
> psychological distress. If they cared they would.
> If they had nothing to hide they would. They have
> a duty of care but it seems religious/cult
> organisations can get away with whatever they
> like!

Hi outtheotherside,

welcome to the discussion. I have had grave concerns for people with mental health problems attending the Moo events for some time. We already know that there have been 3 reported suicides associated with the Mooji scene. I dread to think how many there are that we have not been made aware of.

I suppose one of the reasons that they can't employ a trained psychologist to deal with participants experiencing mental troubles is that any decent, trained therapist would see massive red flags with what Moo teaches - the way he tries to have people deny their own identities and the subsequent disassociation they experience.

Any therapist would be bound by professional standards to correct the blatantly dangerous belief that people are not really who they believe themselves to be. As one man in the Moo Satsung I discussed earlier proclaimed "My life is a fabrication. My life is a lie".

No. Your life is still your life. With or without a spiritual component, you are still you and that will never change. There is no lie.

However, Moo actively promotes this confusion, he wants people to disassociate and to negate their own existence. Then he can manipulate them and exploit them. (it almost happened to me!!)

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: July 14, 2019 05:52AM

The rules at Zmar and Monte Sahaja sound like a troubled teen bootcamp.

People who aspire to nondual enlightenment paying big money to be treated like juvenile delinquents?

How spiritual is that?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/14/2019 05:53AM by corboy.

Posted by: LightWave ()
Date: July 15, 2019 06:20AM

M needs to stop hiding behind his team, young women, older women who excuse his behavior. The spotlight on these arrogant behaviors is calling him to expose his own personhood.

He got away with this arrogance for years, but then you can tell a tree by its fruits. His tree has no fruit, no one has become awakened to their true Self.

MS a nice place to visit, yes, but there's an actor in the house, hence all the cameras focused on M, all the cameras held by young women running after him like the paparazzi. Funny really. It looks a lot like the movie, "The Truman Show".

Does Christ care if anyone builds a chapel in his name-NO. Hiring a lawyer to shut up the people who are exposing what you thought was covered up so well, that's not holy.

Date: July 15, 2019 07:18AM

Take a look at the Moo team's latest offering:

[mooji.tv]

From 38.00 to 58.00 there is an interesting encounter between Moo and a astute middle-aged woman. She is not buying what Moo is selling her- far from it!

From what I could gather, she does not live at Monte Sahaja, but she has been around the Moo scene for a few years. What keeps her there? Too much time on her hands? I think she is genuine- she is genuinely seeking spiritual salvation. That much I admire her for.

It will be interesting to see what she makes of it all, when she eventually leaves- which of course, she will.

Posted by: MissingJoy ()
Date: July 15, 2019 12:11PM

So, last year, for the May meeting, I loaned a friend $1700 US to fly from Seattle to Portugal in order to attend her heart's desire, an encounter with Mooji. It has been over a year now, and she seems deeply embedded with Mooji and a local Osho group. Needless to say, she now has no money to repay me. Just posting this to let others know, this cult changes people. Her eyes no longer portray life.

Date: July 15, 2019 12:29PM

Hi MissingJoy,

welcome to the discussion. I am so sorry to hear about your friend - you must be very worried about her. I wonder if you can tell us more about the process by which your friend became involved with Moo? Of course you would not want to reveal her identity in any way, and that is understandable.

But if you can tell us anything about the changes you have noticed in you friend and the type of things she now believes- that might benefit others who are concerned about their loved ones and want to understand how cults manage to get a hold on people.

If you don't feel like sharing anything further at this time- then that is fine too.
Welcome.

Posted by: Valma ()
Date: July 15, 2019 06:21PM

Sahara71 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Take a look at the Moo team's latest offering:
>
> [mooji.tv]
>
> From 38.00 to 58.00 there is an interesting
> encounter between Moo and a astute middle-aged
> woman. She is not buying what Moo is selling her-
> far from it!
>
> From what I could gather, she does not live at
> Monte Sahaja, but she has been around the Moo
> scene for a few years. What keeps her there? Too
> much time on her hands? I think she is genuine-
> she is genuinely seeking spiritual salvation. That
> much I admire her for.
>
> It will be interesting to see what she makes of it
> all, when she eventually leaves- which of course,
> she will.
I really feel sorry for this woman; indeed she has been around Mooji for some time but it seems she still is pretty confused. And who would not be in such a context and surrounding group pressure. She will probably end up even more doubting herself whilst her quandary has not been properly addressed by the teacher leading her to believe that there is something wrong with her and she needs more satsangs to "get" it.

No, there is nothing wrong with her!

One can only hope she will one fine day find her way to a forum like this one and know that the problem lies not in her at all but in the lack of a proper teaching methodology.

Posted by: 2cents ()
Date: July 15, 2019 10:24PM

From 38.00 to 58.00 there is an interesting
> encounter between Moo and a astute middle-aged
> woman. She is not buying what Moo is selling her-
> far from it!

I love this courageous woman who has been around M for some time. I remember her sharing some unsavory parts of her past and wanting the inner peace that M promises with the flimsy carrot 'just follow my pointings" This dear lady, IMO, is saying what probably 99% of the sangha is silently thinking. With all the longing for belonging, wanting to be the perfectly accepted sangha member, it seems most cannot shed the stardust from their eyes long enough to express as honestly as this lady did, ashamed and afraid to be pointed out as not getting it.

I agree with Valma's comment, the teaching methodology is unsubstantial and paper thin - no wonder people break down in frustration and anger after being told they're not 'up to it, lacking spiritual maturity'

M's basic premise of 'I have a crazy idea everyone in the world can wake up' or 'you can be free NOW' is deceptive marketing based on one undisciplined, indulgent, and spiritually uneducated man's fantasy. It is a recipe for the mental anxiety and anger we see now, in my opinion. If you can get people to accept your basic premise, true or false, you've got them engaged and with your program! And all the manipulation that goes with it ( don't miss your chance for freedom...stuff)is the obvious sales pitch. This woman's fearlessness to stand there and speak her truth was definitely irritating to M. as she got in his face about the results of his flawed 'teachings'.
She gets my vote for membership in the Dead Heron Society.

Peace Out

Posted by: LightWave ()
Date: July 16, 2019 07:27AM

From 38-58 video
While watching I realized almost everyone in the room identified with this woman but most are too afraid to say it due to "all the longing for belonging". M was very irritated by this interaction.

This woman doesn't want to settle for worshipping Mooji, she wants her own awakening and his pointings are not helping her. Because his pointings point to worshipping him and his team of merry maidens.

The best pointing is to leave the master, like M left Papaji, the serum is in, so go home and let it cure you.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.