Re: Mooji a cult?
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: June 29, 2019 05:18AM

Remember the dead heron shot at Monte Sahaja.

Who had the firearm?

We can do a parody of the song by the late great Bob Marley.

I shot the heron.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: MiedoFree ()
Date: June 29, 2019 06:03AM

I haven't forgotten the heron and its babies, no! That was also a deal breaker for me!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/29/2019 06:05AM by MiedoFree.

Posted by: Sahara71 ()
Date: June 29, 2019 06:57AM

Hi MiedoFree,

and welcome to the discussion. Thank you for telling us about the armed body-guards, which I think a lot of people here will be curious about. I think Mooji has used body guards for some time, although I did not know they were armed.

We had also heard about the death threats from another contributor to this forum- I believe it was Constantin, if my memory serves me correctly. I think he reported that the death threats were not that uncommon- it seems very odd!

Although you do have to wonder if death threats were not being reported to the local police and being dealt with appropriately? Or do the Moo group not want the authorities to be involved for some reason? There are a lot of questions that we don't know the answers to.

It seems the Mooji-ites are tightening up security by eliminating silent retreats and having gatherings that are only for those who have proved how faithful they are. It's going to be very difficult for them to control who comes into their group, though, because they seem so reliant on constantly drawing in new recruits via the internet.

The process of assessing and indoctrinating these people is labor intensive and time consuming. These people are also 'unknown quantities' - how are they to know if an undercover reporter or journalist will not be among the new recruits?

I notice that they are currently trying to fill about five positions of employment at Monte Sahaja via recruitment over the internet. In order to apply for employment, you have to have been to a silent retreat or Moo intensive and have already visited Monte Sahaja. That rules out a lot of potential employees! Since there are already a few hundred people living at Monte Sahaja, give or take, then why aren't they able to fill positions from the pool of labor they already have? Why are these current inmates residents so inept as to be unemployable?

Just viewing the Moo group from a business-model perspective ( as it is indeed a business) it doesn't seem to be run efficiently .

Posted by: Valma ()
Date: June 29, 2019 01:45PM

Indeed Sahara71, it is a business with all the features and downward spiral of a spiritual impulse that became over time a business.

When a fire broke out in Monte Sahaja some time ago, my first thought was: will Mr Mooji take heed and get the message? Perhaps it was time to reconsider his whole project and what it had become.

But no, there was no questioning whatsoever, rather reinforcing the troops and sense of family being hit by a tragedy and how we can rebuild what was destroyed. Well, another course or serious rectification could have been taken at this point in time, but it did not happen unfortunately..

Posted by: snapping-out ()
Date: June 30, 2019 01:01AM

Yes, let's not forget the dead herron. Exposing the fact that the moo-ites have acces to at least one firearm. And at least one member of the ashram is prepared to kill for the master.

Posted by: LightWave ()
Date: July 01, 2019 04:57AM

As long as the large donors don't get wind of his and the young women's sexual escapades all hidden of course, Mooji is still a fat cat smoking his cigar. he has his cake (looks like chocolate, tastes like fish) and eats it too (keep hiding the girls).

Talk like he's being persecuted, another Christ like image. I come to bring the truth, and look how their egos persecute the messenger.

Perhaps it is the Truth that exposes what needs to be exposed. Burns but does not destroy. And the women who exposed are the real light-bearers.

Posted by: LightWave ()
Date: July 01, 2019 09:34AM

The fire at MS did not surprise me. When I was there in the fire season, they had one ancient red 'fire' truck, a water tank sitting on rotten tires and supposedly filled with water. It certainly was not adequate for the number of people, the number of smokers and the mountainous terrain surrounded by eucalyptus trees. Which are basically paper. I decided then to not return to MS, it felt dangerously managed, poor sanitation, and in an incredibly fire hazardous area of Portugal.

It seems that Portugal does not have any fire codes to protect people in the country. Very dangerous as the Zemar retreat center found out when a fire devastated them a couple years ago.

What surprised me about the Mount Sahaja Fire was how flippant Mooji was about somebody telling him that it was their lack of caution that allowed it to happen. Mooji's response was telling of a spiritual ego when he shunned the person who was advocating prevention by saying in effect that a master does not heed precaution but flies by the seat of his spiritual pants.

The desperate followers had to fall in line by dismissing their own wisdom and bowing to his arrogance. The Emperor's arrogance is dangerous in this way.

Posted by: snapping-out ()
Date: July 02, 2019 03:02AM

Remember him walking around the site where the fire had been, picking up a piece of garbage and speaking about it as if it was some million dollar diamond. Odd. Saying the fire was a blessing (?) bringing the community even more together. Well...that's a way of seeing it, I guess. Oh, and it was by grace the wind blew in the right direction. Sahaja being a "holy place" protected by God Himself.
Unbelievable I swallowed this crap hook, line and sinker back in them days...

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: July 02, 2019 03:19AM

Here is another classic song that could be rewritten with Moo in mind:

We Didn't Start the Fire by Billy Joel.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/02/2019 03:21AM by corboy.

Posted by: 2cents ()
Date: July 02, 2019 04:47AM

Another musing about the sacrificial mother heron:

If Mooji was truly so at One with the Self of All, why couldn't he have directly communicated with this poor creature asking her to find her food elsewhere - instead of having her murdered, leaving her babies to probably perish?
And wherever the smoking gun came from, how cowardly of Moo not to do it himself rather than ordering some brainwashed soul to bear the psychological guilt and burden of killing a beautiful innocent bird. So disgusting and unconscionable an action.
My prayer is that this mother bird who paid the ultimate price serve as a symbol for anyone sitting on the fence about Tony to ask themselves if this is the caliber of deceitful and cruel 'master' they want in their lives -

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.