Re: Mooji a cult?
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: June 25, 2019 08:43PM

Sahara71 wrote:

Then he comes out with “Who even I am aware of this one who is searching.” Is it only me, or does that sentence actually make no freaking sense what so ever? I can't make head nor tail of it.

Here are some items by The Anticult, written in 2009.

[forum.culteducation.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/25/2019 10:19PM by corboy.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: zizlz ()
Date: June 26, 2019 04:52AM

It wouldn't be hard to program a chat bot to replace Mooji. You can program it with the same few stories he keeps telling and make it keep replying to questions with retorts like "who says that?", "who watches that?", "who is I?" etc. Ramana Maharshi used that kind of questioning (only occasionally) but in his case there would be actual insight behind those questions that the listener could pick up on. Mooji (especially these days) doesn't seem to have any more insight than the chat bot would have. I just see a talking ego playing guru, trying to emulate wisdom but compulsively injecting his ego into his ramblings with word-salad like (as Sahara71 pointed out) "I am already here. I am already the one you are." and "Who even I am aware of this one who is searching."

If someone here decides to run with my chat bot idea (I hear there's good money in satsangs these days), don't forget to let it compare itself to Jesus at least once an hour (like here at 21:43). I hear there's good money in the satsang scene these days. PM me and we'll discuss my cut.

Posted by: Sahara71 ()
Date: June 26, 2019 07:38AM

Zizlz,

you are a genius! I love the idea of a chat-bot guru. People will go crazy for this. The chat-bot must compare itself not only to Jesus, but to Buddha as well, to cast a wider net. This will be a big money spinner for certain!

Valma,

yes, Tony made a Freudian slip with that line- "we are all pathological liars". Of course he was referring to himself. He must have the ultimate guilty conscience by now!

Corboy,

thanks for the references to our old chum The Anticult. This is very important: Mooji creates confusion by deliberately mixing his grammar and the past and present tenses in his sentences. If you transcribe what he says down on paper and read it- it makes no sense. When you listen to it, it has a trance effect. It interrupts rational thinking for a moment and creates a pause in you thoughts.

This is a type of underhand hypnotism. People go away feeling that they have heard something profound... really, they are only confused. But there is a mild euphoria associated with this feeling. If you are spiritually inclined, you could feel that you have had some kind of mystical experience.

Quote from The Anticult...

"First, you confuse the hell out of people and put them in a fog of confusion, then you LEAD them out of the fog of confusion by getting them to FOLLOW you"

People become confused by the Moo word salad, then they concentrate even harder on what he is saying to try and find the answers... all the while, he slips in a few choice sentences implying that he himself is the answer. Now, all he has to do is repeat the trance sequence over and over.

People can get trapped in the Moo Mind Loop forever.

If anyone says this discussion is trival here are the numbers
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: June 26, 2019 08:30PM

This morning, 5:25 Pacific Standard Time view count for the CEI Moo discussion
is 266,698.

Here is what the numbers were like November of last year.

Corboy wrote:

Date: November 05, 2018 04:45AM

Ever since the Moo supporters have arrived in force, the view count for this discussion has exploded.

November 3 68,805 6:50 AM PST

November 4 69,182 4:32 AM PST

November 4 69,520 1:11 PM PST

November 4 69,614 6:41 PM PST

November 5 69,797 4:43 AM PST

Following this post, rrmoderator (Rick Ross) wrote:

Date: November 05, 2018 06:20AM

Wow. Moo must be in a bad mood.

We have three apologists attempting to dominate this thead and IMO push people off topic and/or discourage them from posting.

All three have failed to answer any questions meaningfully, skirted issues or engaged in other obfuscation.

Their presence here would seem to confirm there are serious problems with Moo and that he may have dispatched them to spin for him.

This message board is not here for a guru's disciples to extoll his virtues. It is here for people that have been hurt and/or have concerns.

Having said that some rebuttal is to be expected and is often quite revealing. I think that the lack of substance to Moo defenders' posts and a certain lack of civility is interesting. The Moo-ites really don't know much or are not forthcoming about the group's finances or anything in any detail that might be seen as negative.

Posted by: snapping-out ()
Date: June 27, 2019 12:50AM

Today I felt strong and de-hypnotised enough to watch Moo again. I was so amazed. What a load of non-sense. He is really not saying anything profound. All bits of this and that. About being a seeker or a finder(?), the impurities of the mind.. Ofcourse him speaking to this lady from "this place". On and on and on. People laughing at things he said and myself not finding anything funny in his words. It is all non-sense to a healthy, intelligent and critical mind.
He looks deflated, just doing his routine. The same old party-trick.

Sahara, I can relate to your quote from The Anticult about first being confused and then trying to figure out what someone is saying and "concluding" this person must be the answer. That's exactly how it worked for me. And all the time it gives you the sense that you're missing something so you go back for more and more...It is brought to you that you are not ready blablaba, something is wrong with you. Not with him, ofcourse.

I had to stop watching after a couple of minutes from utter boredom. His words are empty.
It's all nothing, nothing, nothing, but of the shallow kind.

Posted by: Sahara71 ()
Date: June 27, 2019 06:15AM

Snapping-out,

What you describe happening to you while watching Moo is exactly what happened to me, too.

You end up feeling mildly confused and your brain is really searching for answers, so what do you do? You watch more Moo videos! Then you become more confused. But you think that the answers must be in there somewhere, so you keep watching.

Of course, at this point in time, you know nothing about trance or hypnosis, so you have no idea that this material is really sending your brain haywire. This is the saddest part. You never, ever suspect it.

Strangely enough, I did suspect it. I thought "My brain is foggy". I didn't know why, but I knew something was up! I found myself dwelling unusually on things Moo said- too often and too intently. It was so weird. Then one day I just twigged.

I thought to myself "This is not spirituality, this is more like addiction." So I went looking for answers.

Posted by: MiedoFree ()
Date: June 28, 2019 10:46PM

Hello everyone,

I've been following this forum for a while and appreciate all of you so much! I had trouble getting signed up, so that's why I hadn't commented before.

There is much to say, but I'd like to start with something I haven't seen anywhere before. Forgive me if I missed it! A friend I made last year when I went to OSG told me that when she was in Rishikesh this year, she saw Mooji with ARMED bodyguards! She also said that she was full-body frisked before entering satsang hall! I did ask another friend that was there and she said she hadn't seen armed bodyguards, but that her bag was searched the ONE time she made it to satsang.

Again, I haven't read anything about this anywhere else, so I'm wondering if any of you know anything?

With love to you all!

Date: June 29, 2019 12:51AM

Welcome MiedoFree,

well, that is quite something you share. Armed gards. Frisking. But considering all that was going on at the time, the exposing of the dirty little secrets of the moo-gang, it wouldn't surprise me. I remember watching Sahaja-express-video's from Rishikesh where moo had some very a-typical guys surrounding him (while he was "sharing some of his wisdom"). Remember thinking at the time: what the hell are these types doing there. This is odd.

I noticed there are no retreats at Sahaja this summer. In september there is an OSG. Members only. Nobody else is going to see what goes on there. Except other members. The "deeply immersed ones, the real seekers, the not merely curious". Deeply immersed indeed, in the delusion of getting enlightened through this phoney-tony.

Sahara,

yes, this sense of something not really right, this hazy, fluffy kind of mindset. And all the time one is in a trance without knowing it. Constantly preoccupied with the moo. Indeed only when I snapped out of it, did I see what had happened.

Posted by: MiedoFree ()
Date: June 29, 2019 01:31AM

Yes, it is something! To be honest, I already had one foot out of the Mooji addiction, but when I heard this, it pushed me all the way out. I just can't follow a supposed spiritual teacher who condones any type of violence, even for protection! Since he and his followers often equate him with Jesus, I think of how Jesus dealt with violence against him....

It also made me wonder what the heck they are so afraid of and why? I did ask the team about this, but of course they never answered... It's quite reminiscent of Osho, isn't it?

Date: June 29, 2019 04:11AM

I understand there have been death-threats and he was advised to arrange some protection. But fire-arms? Who does he think he is?

In these kind of cult-environements it's impossible to get to the bottom of anything. Nobody knows everything that's going on (uncertainty creates fear creates submission to the group). Even people living at the ashram may and probably don't know what dodgy stuff is going on. Right under their noses.

Yes, some sannyassins of the very skilled hypnotist Chandra Mohan a.k.a. Bhagwan/Osho, still believe it was all Ma Sheela's doing. Because they don't know the facts or don't want to know. I know I couldn't believe at first his holiness mooji-pooji wasn't all he appeared to be.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.