Re: Mooji a cult?
Posted by: Joyfree ()
Date: May 04, 2019 11:59PM

Zizlz
Where exactly do you see the value in m’s so-called teachings?
When we take into account the many first hand reports of serious mental abuse and suicides linked to him and his so-called teachings?
Those are facts that cannot be ignored in any way!!!
If a teacher, in fact a self appointed guru has created such a imbalance, than this is a big issue! He has simply failed! Big time!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Ananas ()
Date: May 05, 2019 12:03AM

Ok, thinking about it again, I would say, that for most of the people who find m on youtube it is not useful at all or even dangerous to be drawn into his pseudo advaita teachings, as they are at a total diffrent stage in their spiritual search (not naturally at their very end of searching) and they need preliminary practices, which give a solid foundation. Without this foundation it even more easy to mislead, to abuse, to become dependant etc.

Posted by: Ananas ()
Date: May 05, 2019 12:17AM

zizlz Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> You may be right about that. If you've read my
> previous posts going back months, you'll know that
> I do see serious problems with Mooji. But I also
> see value in his teachings, and if I hope to
> achieve anything by posting here, it's that people
> don't throw out the baby with the bath water.

I have to say, that I do NOT see value in his teaching ( and this was one of the very first things which were off to me about the whole thing), as mentioned in my last posts. There are great clean sources of advaita teachings. In your case it worked well, maybe because you had former cult experience. This forum here is to educate people about how cults operate and how to see through it and free yourself. It is also a safe place where people can say what they have experinced without being censored. It is a place to share and find company after you have been banned from your former family. And if you are still caught up in m's cult it does not help to find his teachings valueable. You have to RUN!

I've
> been part of several cult-like groups myself over
> a decade ago, and if there's one thing I've
> learned it's that you don't become impervious to
> brainwashing by simply seeing the group leaders as
> evil and dismissing everything as nonsense. That's
> not critical thinking, that's victim-mentality,
> which is another way of abnegating your authority,
> the very mindset that makes you vulnerable to
> brainwashing.

Yes, there is some truth in what you say. M is not seen as evil here, he is seen as being a narcisist, showing the narcisist behaviours and abusing and manipulation people in sahaja big time. That is a fact as Joyfree points out.

Posted by: zizlz ()
Date: May 05, 2019 12:39AM

Joyfree Wrote:
> Zizlz
> Where exactly do you see the value in m’s
> so-called teachings?

I answered this in the post I wrote at 11:03PM today.

Date: May 05, 2019 12:42AM

Ananas Wrote:
> Yes, there is some truth in what you say. M is not
> seen as evil here, he is seen as being a
> narcisist, showing the narcisist behaviours and
> abusing and manipulation people in sahaja big
> time. That is a fact as Joyfree points out.

I also think he is a narcissist, and have written about that several times here.

Date: May 05, 2019 12:48AM

Yes zizlz, I read that post from 11:03
You were saying that it led you to the original Vedanta teachings, were you came to benefit from.
This is why I asked you again to point out where you exactly see the value in m’s self invented teaching?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/05/2019 12:49AM by Joyfree.

Date: May 05, 2019 12:55AM

Joyfree Wrote:
> Yes zizlz, I read that post from 11:03
> You were saying that it led you to the original
> Vedanta teachings, were you came to benefit from.
> This is why I asked you again to point out where
> you exactly see the value in m’s self invented
> teaching?

In short: meditative self-inquiry. To quote myself from that post: "it was Mooji whose questions led me to start inquiring into what I overlooked all that time: what is it that is meditating, what is it that is seeking? What observes the observer?"

Edited to add: this is not a "self invented teaching" by m.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/05/2019 12:57AM by zizlz.

Posted by: AnnetteChappelle ()
Date: May 05, 2019 01:14AM

Regarding the black magic bit. Mooji did what I was referring to me IN PERSON, I had not spoken out about him, I had surrendered to him. But then something beautiful happened! Something from inside me knew he was not clean. That part said “NO!” “GET AWAY FROM ME!” “YOU ARE NOT WELCOME HERE”!

He only got half way done.

So the energy experience wasn’t completed and that’s why I got away. Something stood up inside me. Like RO did, but it was energetic.

He can’t do anything because that will face him down again and win again. IT IS A MUCH HIGHER VIBRATION.

The energy workers, who don’t know each other, all gave the same story of what happened.

Still, half was done and that is why I had to get him out of that half. That’s been my work.

His teachings are mixed with poison. It’s like poisoned milk. If you focus on the milk you say things like “don’t throw the baby out with the bath water” and to some degree I see that we need to get everything we can out of the experience as it cost so much, grab every bit of good as a consolation prize or something.

But if you see the whole this is POISONED MILK, why not just go find MILK that is clean...same teaching, same milk. WITHOUT THE POISON! Unless you are a masochist, it’s a better path.

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 05/05/2019 01:20AM by AnnetteChappelle.

Date: May 05, 2019 01:14AM

For anyone looking for true Advaita Vedanta teachings, please find an authentic teacher (there are suggestions in this forum)!
Please do not get trapped in a “sticky” version, such as of Moo’s! That can end tragically!!! Please take this advice and do not forget to take into consideration what happened to so many people following M!
How many lives and families have been destroyed!
Make a rigorous research on to whom you trust. And if one is linked to suicides, please RUN as far as you can!!! No good can come out of this!

Date: May 05, 2019 01:21AM

AnnetteChappelle, that does sound very serious. Sorry for being dismissive about it before.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.