Re: Mooji a cult?
Posted by: Ananas ()
Date: April 21, 2019 11:04PM

Corboy, thank you for your analysis. You are right and at the same time in my personal opinion it could be a very HEALTHY FIRST step for M devotees, to release M out of his GOD status and see, that he is human (feet of clay) und not the enlightened master they thought.

I can only speak for myself: it was a longer process, step after step, to get out of the cult. And after the first step: seeing him no longer as god, is done, then other questions can be asked. So I think all discussions can be useful and can start something in the minds of followers.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: April 21, 2019 11:07PM

Corboy you wrote:

"BTW if Moo is a tax exempt entity, what he does is our business, even those of us
who have never been involved with him.
Why?Those of us who do pay our taxes indirectly subsidize the gurus who do not pay tax."

Yes, that is true. So it is exploitation of everyone.

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: April 21, 2019 11:35PM

America is chock full of these types.

IMO, any "spiritual" community that owns real estate should at least
pay state property tax, if not federal income tax.

Perhaps at a lower rate than non "spiritual" communities, but still pay something.

In recognition that those communities however isolated do use infrastructure paid for and maintained by state and federal and city governments.

Search and rescue if you and your family or community get in trouble at your ashram and need evacuation from danger.

These are just some of the tax supported services that we rely on these days.

Time for the spiritual entities to lose tax exemption and contribute to the cost, instead of us unevolved types paying tax whilte the gurus we indirectly support despise us while taking our dollars, pounds, euros.

Passports and representation/advocacy for endangered citizens in foreign territories.

As in what happens when a reckless American missionary goes into a known hostile area to preach? Who comes to the rescue if they are jailed and threatened with the death penalty?

The secular tax supported US govenment, thats who.

Services and materials paid for by secular tax payers:

Farm, food, pharmaceuticals and restaurant inspection

State examination and certification that physicians, lawyers, mental health professionals, hairdressers, cooks, food handlers actually *know what they are doing."

Without your state government being on the watch, testing licensing and keeping
records, anyone could claim he or she is doctor of medicine. Anyone. Or a dentist.

Pause a moment and imagine your predicament if you had to go to the dentist and anyone with a pair of pliers could claim to be a dentist,
\

That injection of novocaine the real dentist gives you - you and the dentist can be reasonably sure thanks to the tax supported FDA, that that novocaine ampule
actually contains novocaine solution that is free from germs that could kill you and there is a precise concentration of novocaine so that you get just enough to go numb, without the dose being so high that you get an overdose with nasty
side effects.

Without a multitude of tax supported safety precautions, every dentist visit would be a hellscape.

More services paid for by secular tax payers:

Scheduled inspection and competence/safety certifcation for schools, universities, hospitals, nursing homes, etc.
Public health
Highways
Airports and airfields
Fire, Police, Emergency Medical services
Postal Service
Public Health
Disaster Response
Safety Inspection
radio/telephone/water, gas and sewage disposal

Defence of territorial boundaries

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 04/21/2019 11:51PM by corboy.

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: April 21, 2019 11:36PM

There was a serious fire at Monte Sahaja. Firefighters arrived and the ashram residents were rescued.

Tax supported firefighters saved the day.

[www.reddit.com]

Posted byu/kissedxgrace
1 year ago
Fire at Monte Sahaja - Mooji's ashram
Everything is fine. Everyone is safe.
"A large fire broke out unexpectedly in Monte Sahaja at approximately 3pm today. Most residents had to evacuate the land but no one was hurt. Many stayed behind to assist the fire teams. The fire seemed to have started in the work station room where most structures and furniture are built for the community. It is not yet confirmed how the fire started. The fire was so fierce that all of the work stations were burnt to the ground. Fire fighters, known as Bombeiros, came from various stations in the Alentejo region to help put out the fire. They arrived on the land with fire engines and helicopter. Together with Monte Sahaja’s own fire team they fought the flames until the fire came under control. The mayor of Sao Martinho das Amoreiras, Nuno Duarte, ensured that Sahaja residents were cared for by providing shelter, blankets and food at the local community hall in the village. Many villagers came forward to offer shelter, food and love to the sangha. The residents of Monte Sahaja thank the Bombeiros for their prompt response and selfless service. We also thank the mayor, the police, Sandra from Zmar, Mario the former mayor and the local community for their care and support. When Moojibaba was approached for a response he said, “We are indebted to God’s grace continuously. Things could have been much worse as we have seen in this season’s series of wildfires here in Portugal. This could have resulted in a huge tragedy. Grace kept the wind from blowing. We are in gratitude.” We will keep you informed as more information becomes available."

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: April 22, 2019 01:49AM

GODHIMSELF (what a crazy name) has been banned from this message board.

There should be no more posts or messaging from that former member.

Posted by: Sahara71 ()
Date: April 22, 2019 04:52AM

Good news- the Questioning Mooji Fb page is apparently down for maintenance, and has not been deleted.

Very important observation from Corboy-

The Mooji Foundation is a registered charity and so must be open to public scrutiny. They are legally responsible to maintain every rule and regulation that would ensure the safety of people who work there and volunteer there.

Tony is an employee (on paper at least, earning around 34,000 U.S. dollars) and a patron of a registered charity. His interactions, dealings and relationships with those people under the care of the charity are open for public scrutiny.

People who go to Monte Sahaja (the Moo cult ashram) are called the 'benefactors' of the Mooji Foundation Charity in legal terms. That means that the charity exists in order to help them.

If these people are suffering ill-effects from being at Monte Sahaja, then the charity is liable under U.K. law.

On another topic, I don't know of any religion or spiritual doctrine where is it Ok to "Lie for the Truth".

This is just some rubbish that Tony has invented in order to confuse people. Notice how they call their weird, vague, goal of obtainment The Truth? They also call it the "pure self" and "freedom", among other things.

Then they hit you with "You have to lie for the truth". What a mind-f*ck. In order to get there, to this highly-desirable state of being, The Truth, you have to lie.

Mother Mary.

Posted by: snapping-out ()
Date: April 22, 2019 08:29PM

when someone says to his devotees:"I don't trust anybody. They say they love you, and then they stab you in the back." Apart from sounding quite paranoia to me, what pressure on those around him, hearing this. What can they ever do to prove to him that they will never, never, ever do such a thing?

This whole thing in no way seems to me to be about Love and Truth. Or advaita. It looks like the protecting of a carefully built image of a person acting like a wise, caring and all-knowing "Father" to his devotees/children. And protecting all that seems to be coming with it. Like money and an appartment with access to two swimmingpools in the Algarve. Nobody has to be an accountant to see there is a lot, a lot of money involved.
What's with this story about a piece of land, 5 times the size of the ashram, that is bought or in the proces of being bought? Why? Will they then hold all their retreats on homeground? Charge you whatever they like for putting you in accomodations with no electricity, composttoilets and bucketshowers down the road? And as a bonus offer you the opportunity to work for free (calling it seva of course)?

I have been following this "Guru" for years, believing him to be God, which in this beliefsystem to my opinion is impossible no to do. I fully understand the reactions of all those "believers/devotees/disciples/whatever". When I first saw the denial-video my first reaction was: NO, he could never do such a thing! When you are in this spaced-out-trance-like state you mistakingly take to be a spiritual waking up( taking dissotiation to be becomming spiritually detached) all seems to be seen through a lens of unreality. Like these first stages of falling in love, when the object of affection is only seen as perfect.
Only after snapping-out of it( after I stopped watching satsang, doing the "invitation to freedom",listening to these cd's all glorifying this mortal man as a god, and started to do my reseach into what was going on), I could understand what I have been in all the time. I just was NOT aware of my mental state...
I really feel for those in the ashram. Especially those who have doubts and stories with which they are too afraid to come out. I hope they find the courage to leave. There is life after this. Is does NOT mean you miss you chance for freedom( the general threat to anyone with doubts or criticism). There is NOTHING wrong with having worldly aspirations, especially if you are still very young.

It's not a nice picture. But also not a one-off. Reading "the Guru Papers"at the moment. I recommend it to anyone who is trying to make sense of what the hell happened to them and how and why...it's very enlightening...

Date: April 22, 2019 10:21PM

Hi snapping.out

I agree very much with what you say and your analysis!

I did hear M saying that too: "I don't trust anybody. They say they love you, and then they stab you in the back." Also he tells his closer disciples that they are like the 12 apostles and that at some point one of them will betray and reveal him like Judas did with Jesus.

The huge land he did buy a few years ago. M also owns many houses in Sao Marthino. (7?, not sure how it is nowadays, could easily be more)
Yes, big money.

You say: "I really feel for those in the ashram. Especially those who have doubts and stories with which they are too afraid to come out." I feel for them too. Most people there are really loving and kind souls. But their love for you ends when you stop going to satsang. When you have doubts, they say "you have to talk to guruji about this" and they will report you to him or one of his close team (depending on your position/importance). Then someone, who they know you trust, will be send to "bring you back on track". But that is the affect of the brainwashing and the high dependency.

Posted by: PapajisaysNO ()
Date: April 23, 2019 12:40AM

Hi snapping.out

In this statement it really points to a few things to me. Maybe others see more.

1. He knows who has helped with the Be article. He sees it as a "hit piece". He knows they got access to him because he felt they loved him and they probably really did. But he's not honest so they became disillusioned and I commonly hear friends say they felt "tricked". I think most people do feel tricked when someone isn't authentic especially in a place of spiritual power.

2. He wants everyone who meets him to love him, well then who is he really? I mean this as, he's not vulnerable and open about his shortcomings and he had ALOT, so he's not really giving people a chance to love who he actually is...he's telling them he's something he's not and then playing a victim of ones who have been betrayed. In truth he is betraying them.

3. This is his emotional seduction/black mail. It heightens their desire to protect him and to never be spoken of that way. It makes them feel guilty for even thinking about saying anything about what he's done. God forbid they were a "Judas". He might even be crucified or killed because of THEM! It's a ploy. And it works because rather than wanting freedom, which most probably went there to find, they have settled for having an attachment to a human, or a special, powerful human. That's not freedom, that's addiction.

4. He's afraid of betrayal. He knows he's not genuine. He knows he's not walking his talk or else there would be nothing to betray, no stories to tell.

5. It also sends a message to disdain those who would dare betray him and speak their truth. Making people hate peoole who speak against him, especially those who could prove his wrongdoings because they got close and they know. It's a dog whistle, not unlike how Christians blamed the Jews...blame all the Judas's. DARK!

6. It's a major guilt trip on those who are still trying to find there voice who have made it out. It's a silencing of them as well. Don't speak. You are betraying Christ if you do. And if you have spoken out, you are Judas.

Yes most people there are incredibly beautiful and sweet. He only likes that type. They are talented as well. And so he gets some of the most beautiful people on earth there and he feeds off them and chains them to him, through comments like this. Again with the analogy of Christ. To give this analogy it shows he really does liken himself to Christ.

Edited 14 time(s). Last edit at 04/23/2019 12:58AM by PapajisaysNO.

Posted by: 2cents ()
Date: April 23, 2019 01:45AM

Hi All, this 'private' video was sent out on New Year's, not to be shared with others. It is M basically asking for donations, and more telling is the loaded script below by the "Dana Team" (dana = donation).
To me, it has the same weird self-conscious vibration M had in the denial video - an uncomfortable -ness about it - like the 'team' encouraged him to say something about raising more money or something - who knows??

Please keep this intimate video for your private viewing and do not share online.

https://mooji.org/en/a-special-message

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.