Re: Mooji a cult?
Posted by: PapajisaysNO ()
Date: April 21, 2019 10:32AM

Another person who was speaking out about Mooji is pulling back.

[youtu.be]

He says he’s had people post his personal professional page which has his contact information on it and also he has had someone post false accusations about him.

I feel bad for him.

[youtu.be]

He’s getting a big lesson and sharing it with everyone. This is exactly it.

[youtu.be]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/21/2019 10:51AM by PapajisaysNO.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: April 21, 2019 11:05AM

Here’s a video he made of an article that lists the names of teachers speaking out against Mooji.

[youtu.be]

Date: April 21, 2019 11:19AM

Ok. Last one. I just really think he’s hit the nail on the head with his analogy of the seeker in a sea full of sharks (suffering) when along comes Mooji in a boat. No wonder people follow him and he’s gaining momentum.

It’s the Wild Wild West in guru land. Choose wisely.

[youtu.be]

Date: April 21, 2019 11:57AM

Following your lead corboy

[biblehub.com]

Many will come in my name...

Date: April 21, 2019 12:00PM

And this is why Mooji lets his devotees claim it for him. He knows the Bible from his early years...

Is warning people about HIM

[biblehub.com]

Posted by: Ananas ()
Date: April 21, 2019 06:32PM

PapajisaysNO Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yes Ananas,
>
> I too have heard Mooji say in satsang “sometimes
> truth has to lie.”
>
> It’s why they lose their compassion and ability to
> see what is really happening in Sahaja.
>
> They surrender to a false Master and they are
> done.
>
> If they see through him, they live in limbo
> because he doesn’t admit it. They live in constant
> self doubt.
>
> It’s all a shame.

PapajisaysNo, right, he says it even in offical satsang, I have heard it too, I think 2 or 3 times...
There is no background for such a saying, not in christianity as has been pointed out, but also not in Advaita or Buddhism. That is, I would say, a true "Mooji creation".

I also agree how you describe the devotees. I have seen many depressed, surpressed and mentally destabilized sangha members doubting themselves and having to ask him about everything, as he is the "source of truth".

Date: April 21, 2019 06:50PM

Sad to hear that his censorship is so effective. I copied some comments yesterday, obviously just before "questioning Mooji" was taken down. A person Toby commented to the posting about worship and kissing feet and I found it interesting, because he has seen behind the curtains of Osho and is comparing it to M and Monte Sahaja.

It is 4 quotes of Toby, other comments were in between, which are missing:

First one:

I too have to reserve judgement, however, having seen a lot behind the curtain from my years with Osho, and having as good friends some of the people closest to him already in his Bombay years, I know many things about that story that no one having only met him, or for that matter his dedicated disciples for years but outside the real inner circle, could not begin to guess.

I see disturbing parallels between Mooji's Mt. Sahaja and the Rajneesh ashrams. And I see the same patterns of attempted exposure of questionable thing and the strong suppression and pushback on the part of the "faithful". I reserve judgement but I am keeping my eyes fully open.

Second one:

Spiritualism has been commercialized to a degree that most students do not want to see. As Rajneesh once told his secretary, selling enlightenment is the best thing of all, because it is intangible and no one knows what it is. Actually, I have no reason to doubt that many teachers of the past, some of whom are held in high esteem, were doing the same thing.

This is not to say that there is no Truth or that there is no validity in teaching, but many (if not actually all) are here to help and to be helped in turn. But the teachings are not something that you can assay for quality, and the venture is based on faith. The whole scenario is ripe for abuse, intentional or unintentional.

Third quote:

Sumantra Paul -- It depends on what you consider credible. I have been in contact with Amma Tanya White, and my gut says she is sincere. I know how this happened with Rajneesh--firsthand accounts--and I know how difficult it is to come out with what happened against a tide of "rabid" followers who need to deny at all costs that the Master isn't perfect.

Many times the women were dazzled by being chosen, and afterwards came out feeling that they had been violated, but unclear about how things had happened. As with many victims, they were ashamed and felt it was their fault somehow. Between that and the social pressure against accusing the Master, they chose to remain silent, and many suffer to this day from what happened to them.

This is a tough question: just look at Harvey Weinstein or Bill Cosby and you will see how the deck is stacked against women. Of course I do not have definitive evidence about Mooji, but I feel that an atmosphere where the possibility exists must be maintained without prejudgement. However this is upsetting to those who cannot tolerate ambiguity, and unfortunately those who worship someone as perfect are not so good at holding conflicting views within themselves, in my experience.

4.quote:

Sumantra Paul --no need to feel sorry for me. You clearly do not get what I was saying. The differences you point out between then and now are trivial. Except for the Oregon time, for instance, Rajneesh's ashram was also open to all, and apart from a core group of "ashramites", most people lived their lives in the world and visited when they could. No one was kept prisoner or bound in any way, and even those who lived in Poona for years had plenty of contact with those outside.

I was near the inner circle, and have many friends who were as close as one could be to him for many years, and who became disaffected and left, sadder but wiser, as they say. I myself saw clearly the dark aspects of what was going on, and was involved in them for some time. And yet only a handful of his disciples really saw behind the curtain. Even now, 35 years later, they give the same gushing reports that you cite with students of Mooji--how they were enormously benefited by his teaching and presence, how he was a source of pure light and love for them. They steadfastly refuse to believe that he also had feet of clay.

Why does this matter? Because it is the antithesis of the awareness that they seek. Because it creates a lacuna that must be addressed before they can move forward. You are right that this is not my business. Everyone must experience their own path, and find their own way. I am simply trying to shed some light from my perspective. As Santayana said, "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." Bhakti is not freedom, and will never bring freedom. All I am hoping is to open some eyes. Most, like you, will not listen. What Mooji offers is like a drug. It is feel-good disguised as something it is not. This is not all Mooji's fault. He is gaining power and influence by giving people what they want. He is complicitous, but not, I think, a bad person-just a person like all of us walking here on earth. He is taking the feel-good route, just as are his students.

With Rajneesh, there was a dark side, carefully hidden from public view. There were the freakouts, the PTSD, some suicides. We are beginning to hear about that now coming out from Mooji's operation. Most disciples will downplay it--saying that these were people who were on the edge to begin with, who could not be helped in any case. There are a number of credible reports of women who came out feeling sexually used by Mooji. These are things, unpleasant as they are, that need to be looked at clearly. Of course those who get their rush from his satsangs are not going to want to give up the dream. You know that feeling of waking up from a particularly pleasant dream, and finding yourself in the dreary old world, warm under the blankets and not really wanting to get up in the cold and face the day. Eventually you will have to wake up from that dream. Why not now?

Date: April 21, 2019 07:04PM

Some more comments from youtube videos:

Dave writes:

"I was a so called devotee of the mooji cult for about two years. Although I didn't experience any negative effects a time came when I noticed that I was stuck and I wouldn't make any improvements, always getting stuck on the same things and started to get frustrated by his advice being always the same, not real teaching, no real knowledge.

I even heard him say in one of his satsangs that he didin't want to hear KNOWLEDGE questions just FREEDOM questions
...........there's no real teaching in these so called gurus, new age gurus or whatever you want to call them. I now study Vedanta from Adi shankaraacharya tradition which is my advice to anyone that has been and feels stuck with one of this NeoAdvaita gurus. Mooji is a big business that's why he and his team will unleash their lawyers onto anyone that tries to bring down his empire........Well done Henri Jolicoeur"

No bot writes:

"Why does he charge £20 for something called "Sahaja Express" after a month free trial (like Netflix! I recommend every devotee of Mooji to watch "Wild Wild Country" by the way. ) if he doesn't want anything from people??? Can someone explain this to me? Since when is the truth a possession of anybody ? Can truth be bought? Did the Buddha ever charge any single penny ?

The opposite! He said that the truth cannot be bought with money. He only begged for food in order to maintain the body, so he was capable to share his wisdom to others. For free! Did Jesus charge ? Ramana Mahasi? Nissagartata Maharash?"

Eternal writes:

"What do the people who work for M producing these videos and all other content EARN per month? Where does the money go? What is the money spent for and by whom? Are these people regularly employed with all insurance? Is the M business paying for the insurance of all his workers? Or are they doing free labour for food and housing?"

Nikola answers:

"Actually, most of the people doing the work are not getting paid. They are doing "seva".
This is a fact, and the following is rough estimation:
Intense Satsang –Lisbon-February: €220 x1500 people = €300 000
Zmar Retreat-Portugal-April: €375 x 850 people = €318 000
Zmar Retreat-Portugal-October: €375 x 850 people = €318 000
Monte Sahaja Retreat-June: €550 x 120 people = €66 000
Netherlands Retreat-August: €330 x 1500 people = €495 000.

Plus donations, plus the website shop, minus all the expenses.
The videos he gives for free, are not actually free. It is called marketing. If someone thinks that this number is ok for enlightened master, then that one is actually getting exactly what he is looking for. Papaji(his guru) is on the record stressing many times that every Satsang that charges money and that even asks for donation is undoubtedly corrupted.
[www.youtube.com]
(David was chosen by Papaji himself to write his biography, so to deny validity of this fact is possible, but requires a serious faith)"

Stormcauac writes:

"Mooji is a great actor. He acts like a guru but doesn't want you to treat him like a guru. Doesn't make sense when you see what's happening around him. Explain the pictures of his feet , the little bottles of Sahaja dust (earth from the ashram on which Mooji's holy feet supposedly walked on) sold in the sangha shop, the bhajans praising him...etc etc... This all has the elements of worshipping him as if he's a divine being and thus putting him on pedestal. Yes, he says one thing but at the same time the out of control worshipping is not discouraged by him. It should be about the teaching but it has become a cult, the cult of Mooji.

I have followed Mooji for many years and loved to listen to him but I don't like to see what all of this has become and also his army of defenders on the internet are off putting. Any criticism or questions asked are dismissed as mind or lies. I now understand why Mooji is always dismissing the mind. It's a perfect way to turn people into mindless sheep who swallow his every word. I'm very happy I stepped out!"

Darren writes:

"The reason people want to kiss his feet is exactly because he does not stop the act of it happening. It's called induction by imitation. If he really spiritually cared about the other people in his retreats, he would not allow it to happen, so others don't mistake it for meaning something and putting him on a pedestal.
Mooji is on the receiving end of something people who are doubting God are doing, and he can stop it but he does not, because he is not enlightened. Why is he afraid to speak up about something that is not right? If he can allow this, what else does he allow in secret?"

Nikola writes:

Yes, you are right I am making millions(yes millions) and running Mooji's business out of my basement, he doesn't have a single clue. And those videos where we can see with our own eyes he is performing exorcisms, yes awakened people get cornered all the time, only unrealised people are capable of making sane decisions. Also let's don't be naive, you can run simple calculations of how much is needed, and how much more does he take from donations and selling staff.

It is also not true that awakened people get attacked after realization, Buddha didn't get attacked, Ramana Maharshi didn't get attacked, Anandamayi Ma, Neem Karoli Baba etc.. that is actually very rare. True sages are almost always respected by society.

Even if we leave all this things aside, the things he speaks only on a very superficial level sound like they are inline with the Advaita teachings and what Ramana Maharshi has thought. On little deeper investigation they are quite the oposite. For example Ramana Maharshi thought that without the ego there is no world at all.. and not that the space/emptiness that we feel inside us is making us God or realised in any way. Many other things as well, but there is no point of going here into detail. Everyone who wants truth and not some emotional fix, can seriously read Ramana's own written work and it will be clear how silly his teachings are.

Date: April 21, 2019 09:31PM

I assume this website has been mentioned before, it is still up with 136 comments regarding Mooji:

[gururating.org]

A Discussion of Two Metaphorical Substances - Clay and Shit
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: April 21, 2019 10:12PM

Lets look at two metaphors that are commonplaces of guru discussions.

There is a big difference between having feet of clay and having feet of excrement.

When we ingest shit, we are exposed to pathogens that can make us sick.

Excrement is useful only when kept contained, within boundaries.

By contrast, we do not associate clay with danger. Clay is useful for pottery, brick making. Bricks and pottery and ceramic pipes are used to create boundaries, distinctions between what is inside and what is outside

Metaphorically any human being has feet of clay - I do, you do, we all do.

However, CEI was set up because too many people with feet of manure claim in false humility to have feet of clay.

Discussion of Metaphors

Throwing the baby out with the bathwater is an expression much favored and over used by by abusive gurus and those defending abusive gurus.

What about situations where first appearances were deception?

Situations when a cute baby is not actually a baby but only looks like a baby?

What if that cute, cooing dewy eyed baby is a vampire?

How can we drink water, coffee, tea without a container, eh?

We need to be alert about language, because properly used, language creates
boundaries, distinctions, containters/catagories which enable us to get beyond babyhood by recognizing self versus other, what is more important, what is less important.

The guru business and various methods of trance induction are all about abusing language, mixing shit with clay so that we lose ability to contain and prioritize what we are experiencing.

Our awareness regresses toward the blooming buzzing confusion of babyhood.

This is not enlightenment. A severe concussion causes the same thing.

BTW if Moo is a tax exempt entity, what he does is our business, even those of us
who have never been involved with him.

Why?

Those of us who do pay our taxes indirectly subsidize the gurus who do not pay tax.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/21/2019 10:33PM by corboy.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.