Current Page: 86 of 261
Re: Mooji a cult?
Posted by: 2cents ()
Date: February 28, 2019 11:11PM

PS: just occurred to me that Moo is actually using the sangha to prove his own self-proclaimed attainment: if someone would fully awaken, it proves Moo is the enlightened sage he thinks he is. Yet ironically, or paradoxically - it seems he can't tolerate anyone really awakening. Hmmmmm.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: GODHIMSELF ()
Date: March 01, 2019 12:08AM

2cents

Great testimonial of someone waking up and deprogramming himself...keep going
MOO might have started his spiritual journey sincere and humble but now all that

adoration is getting to his head ..and he is experiencing the Jesus syndrome

he thinks he is some great guru that can do anything and no one can stop him

including using young girls for his sexual gratifications.

We have seen that type of mental illness before in a multitude of past

gurus ...rimpoches..priests and bishops (and popes of past centuries )

Let keep exposing him ....someone will come that will make him fall completely.

Posted by: Horowitz ()
Date: March 01, 2019 12:13AM

Many of Mooji’s devotees live in tents in Monte Sahaja ashram and run around in the woods sing and recite devotional poems about Mooji. This poem came spontaneously and was recorded randomly in December 2018: [www.youtube.com]
Now, they moved in the Mooji’s woodstock in Rishikesh.

Posted by: Sahara71 ()
Date: March 01, 2019 07:18AM

Thanks for sharing Horowitz,

I think the man reciting that poem in the link you shared might be deranged. It was pretty disturbing!

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: March 01, 2019 09:00AM

For the disciples living in tents, there had better be appropriate sanitary facilities...portable loos/bogs/latrines that are maintained on schedule and sinks near at hand with running water and supplied with liquid soap.

Unless these are available and maintained, illness from water borne pathogens is a genuine risk.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2019 09:15PM by corboy.

Posted by: Spicysue ()
Date: March 01, 2019 02:25PM

I have to say again, that I’m so glad I found this thread. I don’t comment much but I love reading people’s take on this whole thing.
Although I didn’t get pulled into moojiland full throttle, reading some of the experiences on here has made me realize that my ex partner, whom I now believe to be in the inner circle, or at least he was, was doing a lot of this to me, I was constantly confused and made to feel ungrateful and sometimes stupid for not getting it and for him choosing to be with me, for him trying to wake me up. When all I was doing was logically questioning a lot of the ramblings he would talk about. I often raised points about the fact that mooji let people treat Him Like a living god, I pointed out that a lot of the people Seemed lost and that it seemed they needed psychological help, not a guru. Upon his return from his first Satsang intensive in Rishikesh, where he told me he was “working” for mooji, he used to say that relationships were discouraged for his sangha, that they distract them from the truth. Especially with people who weren’t experiencing the “white fire”. So he became more and more distant. Especially when I challenged him
Or didn’t agree with what he said. Eventually we eventually broke up. He never accepted any responsibility for the problems we had in our relationship and made me feel like it was my fault for being ungrateful and not being ready to “let my ego die”. I was allowing my mind to ruin my one true chance at happiness.
Reading this thread has been like therapy for me and it has literally made sense of every bad gut feeling I had about the whole thing. Just reading about the trance induction, brainwashing, gaslighting has been a god send. It made me realize that the relationship I had with that person was all a lie and after spending years feeling like I was loosing my mind, I finally see what happened for what it was. I feel like I have been given a chance to mourn it. To mourn the loss of him. And I feel better for it. For a short time, watching and listening to Mooji brought some peace to my life but it wasn’t real. Something in my gut screamed out run away.
I haven’t watched any videos since this came out, other than to see if my ex is still there and I don’t see him anymore so I don’t know where he is now. I worry about him. And his mental health. Like others, it has given me an aversion to anything “spiritual”. I live a simple life, and I’m at peace and happy. So I don’t feel the need too anymore. It turns out it was always here, so I didn’t need to go looking for answers elsewhere. I feel attachment to anything, regardless of what it is, is attachment nonetheless, and it’s unhealthy. It doesn’t make you better than anyone else.
Thank you to everyone for sharing their experiences here. And I hope everyone finds that peace.

Posted by: GODHIMSELF ()
Date: March 01, 2019 02:57PM

Dear Spicysue
What a heartfelt testimonial you give here ..that is a symptom of ults
relationships between men and women are not encouraged because the GURU wants all the attention 24/7 plus a lot of SEVA ..free service to the master .

But in the case of MOO ..he always had young "partners" He can because no one will
dare to question the leader of the cult.

But now MOO is facing serious accusations from Amma Tanya White
and others are questioning the adoration he is receiving .

I found this video today ..Possibly it will help shine a light on this
megalomaniac...who may have started his spiritual journey sincere and humble
but now seem to be delusional about WHO HE THINK HE IS.

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: 2cents ()
Date: March 01, 2019 03:11PM

Spiceysue
Am appreciating your last post, particularly the beauty of living a simple, natural life as a whole human with all functions allowed and working. IMHO, your friend is/was in a space something like religious fundamentalism which separates, isolates and divides. Spiritual self-importance masked with sweet satsang lingo.
I too feel like some balance is happening with support of this forum and am so very grateful.

"social mammals..... can't regulate our nervous systems ourselves"
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: March 01, 2019 09:38PM

We are social mammals.

We are biologically wired to want, seek and make attachments, connections, with other people. We cannot stay physiologically healthy or emotionally and cognitively balanced, if socially isolated or if our social connections are
made unpredictable and insecure.

I highly recommend reading Addiction as an Attachment Disorder by Philip Flores Ph.D.

When these gurus teach us that attachment and friendship is the obstacle to realization, they are telling us to deny ourselves as *mammals* as well as human beings.

Philip Flores, author of Addiction as an Attachment Disorder, says the human need for social interaction is a physiological one, linked to the well-being of the nervous system.

When someone becomes addicted, Flores says, mechanisms for healthy attachment are "hijacked," resulting in dependence on addictive substances or behaviors. Some believe that addicts, even before their disease kicks in, struggle with knowing how to form emotional bonds that connect them to other people. Co-occurring disorders, such as depression and anxiety, make it even harder to build those essential emotional attachments.

"We, as social mammals, cannot regulate our central nervous systems by ourselves," Flores says. "We need other people to do that.""

Gurus teaching that human relationships are the obstacle to realization are preaching a recipe for alienation and addiction - to them and to their icky trance methods.

Earlier this week, I heard someone say,

"The opposite of addiction is connection."

And what an irony that the old time junkies referred to their source of heroin
as their 'connection'.

For fun, go read people's descriptions of how they feel when getting addicted to
benzos and Xanax bars.

Diary of a Blackout Benzo Addict.

[www.vice.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2019 09:39PM by corboy.

Posted by: clearvision ()
Date: March 02, 2019 03:45AM

There has been a great, continuing discussion going on at the Batgap forum on Mooji's 2nd interview. As things continue to come to light,
I feel like at one point, Rick will have no choice but to take the 2 interviews down. If there are any tech-savy people here, it would be good if someone could
save all the comments and links in-case they dissapear!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Batgap/permalink/2351446775081109/

Current Page: 86 of 261

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.