Pages: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Links to recent Opus Dei cult news stories
Posted by: Fairytale ()
Date: December 16, 2006 04:41AM

carl
The name sounds kinda like a song. But geez, I read about them and heard they are not all that bad. Just that the movie came out, you konw, about them, so everyone's giving it a hard time. Its not like they open for membership eitehr.

Ooooh, yes. They are VERY open to recruiting new members.

And as [b:bb755c5cec]mjr40[/b:bb755c5cec] said, they start at school. In both my hometown and the one where I moved to go to Med-school (where they tried to recruit me) there are several elementary schools (for separate genders, of course). And they start going on with the "God's will of having many numeraries" [b:bb755c5cec]very[/b:bb755c5cec] early.

For the ones who can read Spanish I recommend this website: [www.opuslibros.org]
from Spain, the cradle of the OD.

The mail of the young people deeply hurt by their coercitive practices really breaks your heart.

Options: ReplyQuote
Links to recent Opus Dei cult news stories
Posted by: mjr40 ()
Date: January 02, 2007 01:59PM

Fairytale

And as [b:1170be80b2]mjr40[/b:1170be80b2] said, they start at school. In both my hometown and the one where I moved to go to Med-school (where they tried to recruit me) there are several elementary schools (for separate genders, of course). And they start going on with the "God's will of having many numeraries" [b:1170be80b2]very[/b:1170be80b2] early.

This is correct. One of the primary activities of any cult, including Opus Dei, is recruitment. Opus Dei does a tremendous amount of recruiting at the university level, where they have buildings that house students (sometimes known as 'study centers') so as to aid in their recruitment efforts. A list of some of them in the US can be found here:
[www.odan.org]

Options: ReplyQuote
Pages: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.