Links to recent Opus Dei cult news stories
Posted by: Fairytale ()
Date: December 16, 2006 04:41AM

carl
The name sounds kinda like a song. But geez, I read about them and heard they are not all that bad. Just that the movie came out, you konw, about them, so everyone's giving it a hard time. Its not like they open for membership eitehr.

Ooooh, yes. They are VERY open to recruiting new members.

And as [b:bb755c5cec]mjr40[/b:bb755c5cec] said, they start at school. In both my hometown and the one where I moved to go to Med-school (where they tried to recruit me) there are several elementary schools (for separate genders, of course). And they start going on with the "God's will of having many numeraries" [b:bb755c5cec]very[/b:bb755c5cec] early.

For the ones who can read Spanish I recommend this website: [www.opuslibros.org]
from Spain, the cradle of the OD.

The mail of the young people deeply hurt by their coercitive practices really breaks your heart.

Links to recent Opus Dei cult news stories
Posted by: mjr40 ()
Date: January 02, 2007 01:59PM

Fairytale

And as [b:1170be80b2]mjr40[/b:1170be80b2] said, they start at school. In both my hometown and the one where I moved to go to Med-school (where they tried to recruit me) there are several elementary schools (for separate genders, of course). And they start going on with the "God's will of having many numeraries" [b:1170be80b2]very[/b:1170be80b2] early.

This is correct. One of the primary activities of any cult, including Opus Dei, is recruitment. Opus Dei does a tremendous amount of recruiting at the university level, where they have buildings that house students (sometimes known as 'study centers') so as to aid in their recruitment efforts. A list of some of them in the US can be found here:
[www.odan.org]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.