Current Page: 18 of 85
Re: Richmond Outreach Center
Posted by: XFAN ()
Date: June 05, 2009 06:22AM

you would think that if the roc (or G) had enough guts to call us out behind the pulpit he could atleast introduce us to his friends he sends our way. but then again we all know how SNEAKY the roc is. and how SNEAKY those "pastors" are. they got over on me for 3 years.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: badkoolaid ()
Date: June 08, 2009 05:55PM

Look out ROC, Set free is coming.............phill has big feet coming in the door

Date: June 08, 2009 05:59PM

Chilli Dogs for everyone at the ROC?................I hope no one is hungry

Posted by: EM ()
Date: June 09, 2009 08:02AM

I am a member of the ROC, and am here to tell you that you are mistaken; the ROC is not a cult. I have always been taught that actions speak louder than words, and when you see a thousand children every Saturday being bused in and fed the word of God, and then fed a lunch, for some the best or even the only meal they will get that day. That is action. When you see a group of young men and women feed homeless people every week that is also action. When you see a teenage girl who finds herself pregnant with nowhere to go, and the ROC provides her with a home, food, and direction, that is action. When a lady who’s son spent 4 months in the hospital and during that time she lost her job,( who by the way is not even a member of the church) needed a place to live the ROC provided them a place to live as well as meals while they get back on their feet. That is action. So while I will fight to the death for your right to post the stuff you post, I will respectfully let you know that actions speak louder than words. I hope and pray that your actions will do the things that will help others, and that your words will lift God instead of taking jabs at a man, who is far from perfect, but his actions speak loud and clear.

Posted by: thankfultobeout ()
Date: June 09, 2009 10:47AM

EM, apparently you have not read ALL the posts here. The bad actions of those in leadership at the ROC have forced good people who worked the bus routes, fed the hungry, reached out to the homeless, cared for those young girls with young babies, provided rides for those who had no rides, and were totally deceived to check out of the ROC. You have not been there long enough. Hang around, you'll see what everyone is talking about. Open your eyes and you too will see the lies.

Posted by: AW Stevens ()
Date: June 09, 2009 10:49AM

EM
I am a member of the ROC, and am here to tell you that you are mistaken; the ROC is not a cult. I have always been taught that actions speak louder than words, and when you see a thousand children every Saturday being bused in and fed the word of God, and then fed a lunch, for some the best or even the only meal they will get that day. That is action. When you see a group of young men and women feed homeless people every week that is also action. When you see a teenage girl who finds herself pregnant with nowhere to go, and the ROC provides her with a home, food, and direction, that is action. When a lady who’s son spent 4 months in the hospital and during that time she lost her job,( who by the way is not even a member of the church) needed a place to live the ROC provided them a place to live as well as meals while they get back on their feet. That is action. So while I will fight to the death for your right to post the stuff you post, I will respectfully let you know that actions speak louder than words. I hope and pray that your actions will do the things that will help others, and that your words will lift God instead of taking jabs at a man, who is far from perfect, but his actions speak loud and clear.

Those things are all laudable, and things that very few churches perform.

However, several very serious ethical issues have been detailed in this thread of posts, things that very few evangelical churches are engaged in.

Read the Bible stories of Baalam, Samson, etc. Samson even made it into the Hebrews 11 'rollcall of faith', but he made a big mess out of his life, didn't he?

Date: June 09, 2009 03:31PM

EM No one is saying that there isn't any good , caring , and loving people at the ROC. God is EVEYWHERe,even at the roc.Read all the post.

Posted by: sawthelight ()
Date: June 09, 2009 08:37PM

TO EM: noone ever said the man had to be perfect, that's unattainable, except if your name is Jesus Christ. But the bible does state that the shepherd leading the flock must lead by example as well as be accountable. Beware of the false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly are ravenous wolves. You will know them by their fruits. Grapes are not gathered from thorn bushes, nor figs from thistles, are they? Even so, every good tree bears good fruit; but the bad tree bears bad fruit. (Matthew 7:15-17) Read further: As stated by Bob Dewaay in "Discernment in an Age of Deception: First, personality traits are not fruits. On the outside, false prophets look like sheep. They are often very nice people who are kind, endearing, disarming, affable, winsome, and possess many other wonderful qualities. The false idea that these qualities are what Jesus means by "fruits" causes many people to be misled by false prophets. What they fail to realize is that the Dalai Lama has such qualities and he is hardly a Christian. Having a charming exterior is often the "sheep's clothing." hE CONTINUES FURTHER:

"The number of one's followers is not fruit. Many assume that popularity is a sign of good fruit. But the context shows something entirely different: "Enter by the narrow gate; for the gate is wide, and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and many are those who enter by it. For the gate is small, and the way is narrow that leads to life, and few are those who find it" (Matthew 7:13, 14). The false religious leaders of Israel had more followers than Jesus did. This can hardly be what Jesus meant by "fruit."

And signs and wonders are not fruits. Again we must consult the context:

So then, you will know them by their fruits. Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven; but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven. Many will say to Me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?' And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness.' (Matthew 7:20-23)

People who call Jesus "Lord," come in His name, and do works of power are false prophets if they refused to abide within God-given boundaries. This is an important concept. This is lawlessness."

So just because a lot of good is being done doesn't mean it's of God. Do we forget we can't be good enough - what is good in God's eyes, we all fall short I don't care what ministry we are participating in, etc., Why do we equate goodliness with Godliness - God sure doesn't. Are there Godly people there, absolutely. But don't be deceived. Anyone is a wolf who purposely gives distorted teaching and REFUSES TO REPENT WHEN SHOWN HIS ERROR FROM THE SCRIPTURES.

Posted by: EM ()
Date: June 09, 2009 09:26PM

Pastor G. is the first one to admit he is a sinner, we all are! While he is far from perfect, he is the first pastor that I have ever had that isn't afraid to admit it. Once again I revert back to actions, He preaches the word directly from the KJV, and how could that be wrong? He has much discipline in his life, and tries to instill that same type of discipline to the people he helps. If you believe that this is a "cult" you have every right to say so. If feeding the poor, clothing the homeless, visiting the sick and leading people to Jesus Christ makes the ROC a cult, then count me in. Let he who is without sin, cast the first stone.

Posted by: sawthelight ()
Date: June 09, 2009 10:44PM

To EM:

You are so deceived but then again so were we. It has nothing to do with casting stones at those that sin - no one on this post has ever said that - read what scripture says, not what someone tells you it says. We are all called to discern by reading the word, not listening to a man. We are to "judge" the fruits of those that call themselves righteous - actions do speak louder than words!!! You are right!

Current Page: 18 of 85

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.