Re: "Jesus Christians," "Australian cult," Dave McKay
Posted by: Blackhat ()
Date: December 20, 2010 08:49PM

I notice that Rob (Wombats 5 km) is ambling across the JC web site right now....I wonder if any recent JC members will want to post or be permitted to post.....?

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: December 20, 2010 09:15PM

Zeuszor first noticed my recent observation way back. He posted:

January 21, 2009 12:25PM

zeuszor
Date Added: 06/14/2006

There's something else that I noticed last night when studying more on the topic of David Berg, and what XFamily circles have termed "Bergisms."

[www.xfamily.org]

Has anybody else ever noticed how David (McKay, that is) peppers his communiques and teachings with the "Ha!" suffix to denote derision, or "as an interjection emoting amusement or hilarity in a given subject," or as well how he seems to have a habit of overusing exclamation points in his writings, JUST LIKE DAVID BERG?

There is nothing new in the observation made by Verity and myself, except that it was made without knowledge of Zeuszor's previous observation, thus it gives credit to his original observation.

Date: December 20, 2010 09:36PM

Thanks, Zeus, for pointing out that you have observed this use of the term "Ha!" before. I had no idea.

But what concerns me more is that this child, writing of the sexual abuse of her young brother, uses the same term over and over again!

So why is Davejc using this term? Given that it is the signature of children who Berg abused, why is he using it even today?

Date: December 20, 2010 09:41PM

You know, Zeus, it gives me confidence in our capacity to see what is going on, when both Verity and I notice the Ha thing independent of you, and we both conclude it's a COG signature. We had no idea you had come up with the same conclusion so long ago, and so it gives substance to our independent observations about the cult. Thanks for the reference....

Posted by: Apollo ()
Date: December 20, 2010 09:50PM

Blackhat i have watched a documentary about Davidito. His upbringng was absolutely horrific and he never recovered from that.

It disgusts me the way McKay (former ''Shepherd'' of the notorious ''Children of God'') tries to play down paedophilia in the notorious Chldren of God cult.

I've never seen anyone who so frequently uses the word ''Ha!'' at the end of sentences. We now know Dave has picked up that writing style from a paedophilia book, which is very creepy.

Posted by: Stoic ()
Date: December 20, 2010 10:36PM

There is quite a lot still on the Jesus Christian site that talks about how Davejc 'relates' to the Family and 'Moses' David Berg, referring to him as 'Brother David' and saying that they are best friends.

[jesus-teachings.com]

'However, we have incorporated many other teachings from The Family into our teachings (most notably, aspects of their teachings about living by faith, about endtime prophecy, and about living communally.)

In recent years, The Family has altered some of their teachings, and they have sought closer fellowship with others like ourselves. We have therefore tried to "relate" to them. We appreciate their friendship, and have tried to find areas of agreement. We have not, however, been able to agree with their stand (even now) with regard to sex outside of marriage, and we have never hidden that fact.

There is a series of articles which deal more closely with other differences between ourselves and The Family.

(See Simple Salvation, Eternal Salvation, Living by Faith, The Bible, and Jesus Christ.) '

Davejc himself seems completely confused regarding how much of the JC teaching is a direct lift from COG and where there are differences.
I doubt he would have lifted so much 'teaching' to keep and claim as his own had he not admired 'Moses' David Berg so greatly.

How does Davejc square this obvious admiration for 'a liar, a paedophile, a sexual predator, a occultist, encourager of child abuse, an alcoholic, a rapist, a whore monger, a pervert, a false teacher and a false prophet.'with a rejection of Bergs most significant encouragement of paedophilia but a continuing use of this man's teaching and a copying of his methods?

[www.firstplumbline.net]

'Dave Mckay calls (David Berg) "Brother David" knowing what Berg did. He was a liar, a paedophile, a sexual predator, a occultist, encourager of child abuse, an alcoholic, a rapist, a whore monger, a pervert, a false teacher and a false prophet. These are hardly the characteristics of a good teacher or leader, and is hardly the character of a True Christian. How, then, can Dave Mackay even refer to David Berg as "Brother David"?'

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/20/2010 10:41PM by Stoic.

Posted by: Stoic ()
Date: December 20, 2010 10:44PM

The Jesus Christian site has been very quiet lately, some much needed R & R for Davejc?

Date: December 20, 2010 11:03PM

I think the old sweetie wife must still be recovering from his birthday bash. That was quite a tantrum he threw.

Date: December 20, 2010 11:34PM

Dave McKay wrote:

But a better example is paedophilia. Kids are not FORCED to have sex, and yet society says it is wrong. I know, I know, they are not adults. But you see, we each have our restrictions that we think makes it wrong or doesn't make it wrong. And so what we decided to experiment with is just trying to follow the rules as we honestly and humbly think God wrote them.

Dave McKay wrote:

But a better example than bestiality, to show that sex can be immoral (and even illegal) without the kind of force that we traditionally equate with rape, is paedophilia. Kids are not (as a general rule) PHYSICALLY forced to have sex by paedophiles, and yet society says it is wrong. I know, I know, they are not adults, and so the argument that any form of sex between "consenting adults" is okay does not apply to them. But the topic was force, and this just further illustrates that there are other grounds besides force on which to measure morality.

Dave McKay wrote:

I go on to say (below) that you don't get very far with a pedophile who does not use physical force, and you confuse the victim, if you try to tell them both that what happened was the same as rape. The only "force" used by most pedophiles is their abuse of their superior power/experience/influence.

Dave McKay wrote:

I have spoken to a few paedophiles and yes, they ARE convinced that they are doing the children a favour because, as you have pointed out, they have SEDUCED the kids. (Strange how when that happens amongst adults, we don't call it force!)

Dave wrote:

What is clear here, Brian, is that you obviously understand that what I meant by "physical force" was not the unfair emotional advantage that an adult has over a child. There is definitely coercion of that nature present in every case of paedophilia that I can think of. But you and I are talking about physical force, aren't we? And you accept that, on that basis what I said was quite true in most cases. Now if I had said NEVER is there any physical force involved, then, yes, of course, I would have been overlooking all of those cases where it IS involved, i.e. rape. But I did not say "never" did I?

No David we most definitely do not agree.

How on earth can this man claim children are not physically forced to have sex? I am horrified by these comments!!!!

Kids ARE forced to have sex as a result of their limited capacity to understand or refuse and in alot of cases they are overpowered by the adult using physical force. Force can take on many forms. Whatever way you look at it these children ARE forced.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/20/2010 11:43PM by Apollo.

Date: December 21, 2010 12:28AM

Stoic

'Dave Mckay calls (David Berg) "Brother David" knowing what Berg did. He was a liar, a paedophile, a sexual predator, a occultist, encourager of child abuse, an alcoholic, a rapist, a whore monger, a pervert, a false teacher and a false prophet. These are hardly the characteristics of a good teacher or leader, and is hardly the character of a True Christian. How, then, can Dave Mackay even refer to David Berg as "Brother David"?'

So McKay has openly referred to a paedophile as ''Brother David''? UNBELIEVABLE. Dave McKay (former ''Shepherd'' of the notorious ''Children of God'') is one sick and twisted human being.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/21/2010 12:30AM by Apollo.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.