Current Page: 94 of 821
Australian cult: Anyone recognize this?
Posted by: matilda ()
Date: February 24, 2007 07:05AM

cultmalleus
Dave endlessly makes mythology to make followers believe they are doing wonderful things.

The truth is that Dave thinks he's a great writer, but he thinks the publishers of the world and the editors of newspapers fail to recognise his "brilliance".

Out of frustration, and seeing how succesful the COG's were at making vulnerable youth into servants, he made his cult and got them to sell his writings on the street as a way to get published.

When you think about it, visiting the JC's is like visiting....

a grumpy booksellers convention.

Jack and Cultmalleus,

I kid you not.
You are knocking his literary (literacy?) efforts but stocks of Dave's book are nearly cold on Amazon. Seriously, there is only one left!! but do not despair becasue you can have it gift wrapped!
Jack and Cultmalleus, I was tempted to write a review but I may not do this great work justice and you both seem to be right in the literary mood there!
Some people might claim that the only way this book got to the million mark is through the dedicated 'plurking' (cant find it in the dictionary but I think it means slave labour) or litnessing (distributing it in exchange for a donation, come rain, hail or shine) of the 'end time army'.

Here is what he wrote for Amazon.
[www.amazon.com]

My comments are in red [/color:6726b8865c]

Product Description
It is the darkest days in the history of the planet. Decadence and disasters threaten to destroy the world. But a handful of faithful believers become the leaders of a mighty worldwide revolution of faith and love that shocks the world. This novel, based on actual prophecies from the Bible, will do more than entertian, more than shock, and even more than inspire. It will give you practical information to prepare you for what lies ahead in world affairs. Be prepared to be deeply disturbed by what it says.

About the Author
Dave McKay won a trip around the world in 1962, as the U.S. 'Newsboy of the Year'. The trip was sponsored by Qantas Airlines, and it featured five days in Sydney. McKay, who married his high school sweetheart, Cherry, when they were both still in their teens, returned to Australia, to live there with his young wife in 1967. They now have dual citizenship (American and Australian).
In 1977, after working as a journalist, public relations officer, and television news reader in Australia, McKay decided to "stop writing news and to start making it". The couple started the first alcohol rehabilitation program in the Northern Territory, one that was exclusively for Aborigines, before going to India as a family, in 1984, where they were soon involved in teaching English to local children.

McKay, and his artist son, Kevin, devised a program for teaching English through pictures, which is presently being used in schools in India and Africa.

As other young people joined them in their adventures, a religious community formed around their family. Although they were referred to as 'Gandhians' in India, they preferred to think of themselves as Christians, and the community later adopted the name "Jesus Christians".

The "Jesus Christians" have never been far from controversy, but their most common activity is just to faithfully distribute copies of McKay's books on the streets of such major cities as London, Sydney, and Los Angeles.

Yes, everyone had to keep up the quotas and stay out there litnessing. Six days a week. [/color:6726b8865c]

The group's best seller is the novel, 'Survivors', which is an attempt to settle some disagreements they have with the popular 'Left Behind' series by Tim LaHaye and Jerry Jenkins. The book had sold over a million copies by mid-2006.

One of my dumber than dumb questions here. Did Ceaser get what was Ceasers from the takings? Or is all of this God's/ tax free?[/color:6726b8865c]

Dave and Cherry presently reside in Sydney, but travel extensively in order to maintain contact with the string of Jesus Christian communities that have sprung from their influence.

Reside? Travel extensively? Sprung? Influence? Another day perhaps. Pass the salt someone! [/color:6726b8865c]

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: February 24, 2007 07:25AM

Hello,

True. If Dave wanted to show any REAL Christian leadership he would address the painful issues. Why is it that he encourages discord? Why is that he shows no compassion ? Apostate's heartfelt post mentioned CORBAN. Dave has not responded to that charge.

Posted by: apostate ()
Date: February 24, 2007 11:14AM

matilda
Hello,

Why is it that he encourages discord? Why is that he shows no compassion ?

Regarding his sowing of discord: Peace is aversive to him. He hates it. He is unable to live without creating crisis. Possibly a symptom of a borderline personality disorder. He feels bored with normal mundane activities.

Regarding his obvious lack of compassion. Narcisism.

Posted by: cultmalleus ()
Date: February 24, 2007 04:11PM

wow, on amazon you can buy a second hand copy for 43 cents! must be huge demand for them.

Date: February 25, 2007 11:05PM

This posts relate to a situation in Kenya. The posts date from May and September 06. They can be found in their entirety at this link for the Yellow Pages Kenya

[www.postel.co.ke]

[i:c5b5969206]Getting Betty Back! by Malcolm Wrest I'm looking for the contact details for Fred and Jane Njoroge, mother of Betty currently in the company of the "Jesus Christians" I am a former member of the group who......[/i:c5b5969206]

[i:c5b5969206]RE: Getting Betty Back! by Dave McKay Hi Malcolm,

Dave here. I'm not sure what luck you are having with Fred, but if there is anything we can do to help you get an audience for whatever it is that you want to say against us, we are more than happy to assist you.
Have you tried the cult-busters......................
We would be interested in hearing a bit about how things are going for you in Korea, and to get to know a bit more about your wife as well. We have been encouraged by your involvement with Greenpeace over the years, and hope that you are finding plenty to keep yourself occupied there in Korea.
Love and peace, Dave [/i:c5b5969206]

[i:c5b5969206]RE: Getting Betty Back! by Fred Njoroge I am the father of Betty. Briefly, Susan & Roland came to my home and misled my daughter, who is heavily in debt, to move out from home and join their community. They also took her 7 year old son from the home he has lived in since birth, and also from school..................................
The real issue in all this saga is the education of my grandson. These people have broken the law and have been seeking publicity through my daughter, who appears to have become their member, inorder to escape punishment and also recognition of their religion. Who does Mackay and his ilk think they are to talk about people they hardly know. They have alledged that I have bribed the police, the CID, the magistrate and even their lawyers! I am just a simple citizen trying to protect my children from mad people.
[/i:c5b5969206]

[www.postel.co.ke];

Date: February 25, 2007 11:08PM

Correction My last post relates to 2005 not 2006

Date: February 26, 2007 12:26AM

Oh My.....David has wished me "love and peace" (not exactly what I usually hear, but anyway).....thank you for the kind wishes David, My wife Cathy and I were thrilled by the recent arrival of our daughter, Oliva (our first child). I am employed as an English teacher here in Korea, although as I almost have full residency now, I am slowly drifiting into what might best be described as "self-employment" as I no longer require "sponsorship" from a Korean employer. I've actually never been involved with Greenpeace, but was a firstly a volunteer and then part-time staff in Environment Vicoria for some years (and who go by by a different name now I think??).....extensive voluntary tree planting around the suburbs of Melbourne was as radical a "Greenie" as I ever got.

Yes I was endeavouring to get in touch with Fred, because I imagined that you would be telling any Court of Law in Kenya, that you were a "small group" of "well intentioned" people, cruelly maligned by the likes of Fred Njoroge who wanted no more than to "manipulate" his poor daughter into living out the mundane life he was "trapped" in....

Of course, I wanted to give the Court another slant on the JesusChristians somewhat "colorful history" and provide a little more background to the accusations being investigated, in the hope that a decision against you could be reached. This litle effort on my part was before I had ever heard of such a thing as the RickRoss forum.

No doubt you might remember that night you (in Tallangatta) that you asked me to phone my own mother and demand that she no longer speak to the press critically about the Christians whatsoever (as we were called then) on pain of my never speaking or coummunicating with her again, if she did so. You stood over me then to make sure I relayed that "message" with suitable curtness and seriousness. The particular episode has never left my memory and now of course, due to it, I'm prepared to believe the worst of you in almost any matter (...so you extorted to Fred to withdraw the criminal charges with the threat that he would never see his grandson again if he continued to "cross" you????)

Even though you cannot contribute directly to this forum and respond to this post, one of the "independant and autonomous" members in the JesusChristians may be prepared to do so for you if you "ask" them kindly enough.

It's a little difficult to wish you "love and peace" David, (even thought you were once someone who I trusted implicitly). Let me say that I hope that it is possible for you somehow NOT to go the hell I have said that you were heading very directly to, in so many of my previous postings.

Date: February 26, 2007 12:36AM

This posting pertains to a theoretical discussion underway elsewhere but I post it here for any general interest it may hold…

If I were “Prime Minister” and were in a position to enact any laws as I saw fit, how might I tackle the JCs legally?

I don’t’ think that I’d want to follow Putin down his path of the covert regulation of “civil society” (non-government organizations must now seek a “licence” which permits them to operate). I still think individuals must have the freedom to join organizations like the Jesus Christians if they saw fit…and even to “disown” their parents if they believed they were “inhibiting” them from leading the life they had chosen for themselves, to dispose of their own property as they saw fit. However obviously we now have “child protection” legislation with mandatory codes of report and investigation, and something similar might be feasible in other situations where the “victim” might be unable to speak out for themselves.

Rather than be denominationally specific, lets me say as one possible example of what I think might be suitable, where… “an organization that was suspected of inhibiting an individuals rights to property, privacy and access to information (through restrictions on their ownership of property, movement, individual freedoms of speech or association) and in which members commonly did not have access to their own independent livelihood; where a “suspicion” of physical or psychological coercion was manifested through three or more complaints in writing from nominated persons of relevance (i.e. parents and close friends) to a suitable Government Department (Protective Services) on behalf of another party within that organization:

That a qualified and authorized social worker then be legally authorized to be able to demand private access to any member, of the said organization, (enforceable as an indictable offence) at a time and place of that social workers’ choosing, in order to ensure that informed, independent and unencumbered decisions were in fact being made by the person concerned, and that that person was in a valid position to discontinue their membership of the said organization, if and when, they so chose.

Where the said organization failed to produce the person in question upon request within a reasonable time or were otherwise reasonably suspected of deliberately arranging their transit to another destination to frustrate the governments’ representatives, the nominated leadership authorities in that organization then be liable to have criminal action taken against them.

Here of course I’d be trying to prevent instances of further “Joe Johnsons” , where a new member may not be hearing “both” sides of any dispute, where they are barely more than a minor, where they may be “spirited away” as required, without consideration to other parties….while at the same time I’d still want to preserve the right of individuals to be part of the JesusChristians if they freely chose to do so…..my suspicion is that a lot of people wouldn’t do so, if they were presented with a full history of the group early on in their membership, (…..but of course David might beg to differ with me here)!

Posted by: apostate ()
Date: March 01, 2007 04:33AM

More in group out group stuff from Dave:

[i:a323ef32a1]"Keep it quiet, but I think the rock throwers may have finally run out of steam (after 96 pages, I should think so!). They have not said anything (on the Rick Ross forum) for about three whole days now. Maybe now they can get back to living the great lives that they all claim to have now. And good luck to them!"[/i:a323ef32a1]

They stop talking for a while, but we "run out of steam".

They offer constructive criticism, but we are "rock throwers".

It is obvious that Dave can not let ex members be. He has to continue attacking and accusing.

Posted by: hello ()
Date: March 01, 2007 05:08AM

The best way to unite people is to create a common foe. That's us- I suppose. Someone called Bazza- a member of their group- even wrote one day we'd be trying to kill them- or words to that effect. It's so scary- the reality that they've been programmed to believe. Incredibly sad.

Current Page: 94 of 821

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.