Current Page: 61 of 169
Re: Universal medicine
Date: July 20, 2012 04:46AM

Gibbs
frodobaggins
Let me just clarify "UM are practicing this non proven technique"

That is a little misleading on my behalf .... what i mean is in a general sense.... UM are practicing energetic healing of some kind. I don't have first hand knowledge that Serge specifically uses the technique shown on the TV story.

You will also find that UM do not promise to cure cancer like this man. .......

This is a more clever way of manipulation as they make no promises and there is no way you can verify or disprove their claims of an improved reincarnation. It would seem there would be no grounds for a law suit either if they are not making claims of a cure.

I know students who accept their medical conditions as karma, and are convinced they will be all good in the next incarnation as long as the stay doing 'The Work'

I think I'm in the wrong business. But I do sleep well at night.

Hi Gibbs, buried in the hours of mind numbing arcane recordings I think you might find that Serge does make that very claim. Of course, like most of this Serge says he will later contradict , temper, caveat it in some way or another. But it is there...AND STORED FOR FUTURE 'REFERENCE' ON MANY DEVICES ACROSS THE WORLD.... ;-)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: frodobaggins ()
Date: July 20, 2012 06:14AM

Hi All

I did a fresh google of " universal medicine cult" to see what else was out there and stumbled accross this medical magazine - Medical Observer. Link below but have also posted the full story. It would appear that a feature is going to be written on it next week.

[www.medicalobserver.com.au]

THE Health Care Complaints Commission (HCCC) of NSW has been asked to investigate an alleged “cult” led by a former tennis coach turned “esoteric” healer amid accusations the group urges followers not to exercise, not to eat most foods and not to see a registered doctor if they are ill.
Universal Medicine, based in Lismore in northern NSW – and believed to have 400 members, mostly women – is also accused of telling people their health predicaments are the result of wrongdoing in a past life.
Other alleged practices include “esoteric breast massage”, which members are told can prevent cancer; anti-cancer “ovary readings” performed by a practitioner with no formal qualifications; and having patients sit on postcard-size drawings, at $20 each, to prevent illness.
While most of its practitioners are not registered professionals, MO has been told those who are registered allegedly encourage members to seek GP referral for Medicare treatment plans to pay for sessions.
MO spoke to one woman who started a Medicare treatment plan for six physiotherapy sessions at Universal for a back condition.
She said while her Universal physio claimed her health was improving from “craniosacral pulse” therapy, her GP ordered tests that found she had cancer.
The woman, who asked not to be named, said her HCCC complaint alleges Universal “is just simply not capable of diagnosing, and that [its clients] should be referred on to a doctor”. “But they say doctors will make you sicker than you already are,” she said.
The organisation’s leader Serge Benhayon, who says he coached elite athletes before turning to alternative therapy, strongly denied he was anti-medicine, saying Universal urged unsatisfied or concerned clients to seek a medical opinion and that all allegations were either false or taken out of context. He encouraged “gentle” exercise, denied running a cult and told MO he had no followers, only paying clients. “I am super pro medicine,” Mr Benhayon said.
However, a local man, who said his marriage ended over his wife’s devotion to Universal, said his “main concern is that they are actually a cult”. “I would like to see an inquiry into… the veracity of what they’re promoting,” he said.
GP Dr Sue Page, based in nearby Lennox Head, urged rural GPs to ask patients about relationships, as the breakdown of the family unit was leaving people, particularly women, open to groups based on “touch” and self-affirmation.
“In an area [with limited access to conventional medical] services, if you don’t ask these questions, who will?” she said.
The HCCC would not comment but said practitioners could face a tribunal while it could only “recommend” an organisation to comply with professional codes of conduct.
Next week: Universal Medicine, the Inside Story

Posted by: Gibbs ()
Date: July 20, 2012 06:16AM

COncerned Partner
Gibbs
frodobaggins
Let me just clarify "UM are practicing this non proven technique"

That is a little misleading on my behalf .... what i mean is in a general sense.... UM are practicing energetic healing of some kind. I don't have first hand knowledge that Serge specifically uses the technique shown on the TV story.

You will also find that UM do not promise to cure cancer like this man. .......

This is a more clever way of manipulation as they make no promises and there is no way you can verify or disprove their claims of an improved reincarnation. It would seem there would be no grounds for a law suit either if they are not making claims of a cure.

I know students who accept their medical conditions as karma, and are convinced they will be all good in the next incarnation as long as the stay doing 'The Work'

I think I'm in the wrong business. But I do sleep well at night.

Hi Gibbs, buried in the hours of mind numbing arcane recordings I think you might find that Serge does make that very claim. Of course, like most of this Serge says he will later contradict , temper, caveat it in some way or another. But it is there...AND STORED FOR FUTURE 'REFERENCE' ON MANY DEVICES ACROSS THE WORLD.... ;-)

Thanks CP I didn't realize that.

I remember the UM lady that died of cancer. Rita I think her name was. Serge did a big presentation on her just before she died. She was in the audience. There was a slide show about her life. Serge went on tho say that it wasn't about the cancer anymore. She had come to Serge and asked him 'What do i need too do' She had done whatever it was that Serge said, and although she was still going to die of cancer, she was going to be reborn not only SOONER (2-9 years is the average gestation period in the Astral plane) She was going to be reborn as the child of Serges Son, Micheal. Who's wife, as predicted had a baby girl a short time thereafter. Of course we must take Serges word for that this child is the soul of the person we once knew as Rita as there is no way of verifying his claim.

Serge it seems was unable to cure a woman he had the highest regard for, and made no apologies for it. In fact he presented the whole painful condition as a blessing and a necessary course of action. Rita seemed to be happy with this and had surrendered to this viewpoint. She died not long after this and was not spoken of again.

Posted by: MacReady ()
Date: July 20, 2012 07:18AM

Nice find, Frodo.

Serge can claim to be 'super pro-medicine' all he likes, but he also claims that any practitioner (whether in mainstream or alternative medicine) not following UM teachings has not healed themselves first, thus are incapable of 'truly' healing patients. Serge has repeatedly and explicitly stated many times that 'either you heal or you harm'. There is apparently no in-between in SB's world. By his reckoning, anyone not adhering to the strict UM guidelines of 'Fiery Livingness' is a vehicle or 'puppet' of pranic energies, so any GP whose lifestyle doesn't meet Serge's approval would by his own definition be channeling those energies, therefore harming their patients.

All this is on record in many of his EDG audio downloads. Let's see if he's prepared to back it up in the real world.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/20/2012 07:25AM by MacReady.

Date: July 20, 2012 07:56AM

Something occurred to me regarding the reincarnation issue. Obviously UM students believe in reincarnation, but I've never come across anyone who claims to have independently realized who they were in prior incarnations. Again, this information seems to be exclusive to Serge, who assures the students that they existed in Atlantis and Egypt, or were Cathars persecuted by the Catholic church. I may be mistaken, so if any UM followers reading this realized they were Cleopatra or whoever on their own, please feel free to correct me, but if I'm right, isn't it a bit odd that despite rigorously dedicating themselves to the 'esoteric' way of life, UM students can't 'feel' who they were in past lives, and instead (as always) need to look to Serge to inform them?

Now it seems he not only knows the previous incarnations of his followers, he's claiming to know who they'll be in the future, too. Is there nothing Serge can't do?!

Posted by: John lazuras ()
Date: July 20, 2012 08:53AM

Thanks MacReady for the information on reincarnation,
Serge also tells his follows that to be reincarnated that they must be cremated and leave the world with all their organs. I know of UM followers who have been registered as organ donors cancel their registration as a donor as almighty Serge has told them that they must keep their organs.
Gee this guy has some great power and influence over people thoughts and beliefs process.

Date: July 20, 2012 09:16AM

Not to mention the would-be recipients that are being robbed of organ donations thanks to Serge. With organ demand already well below supply, how many people have passed away on the recipient list while their organ match passes on into infinity with their organ's in tact at the demand of Serge.

This is yet another example where, the imaginary world of Serge and Universal Medicine and its false promises in imagined lifetimes to come, carry very real and preventable consequences to real people in the current lifetime they are currently living.

I support personal choice, and I am in no way advocating that everyone should be an organ donor regardless of what they want, but for people who are willing to donate and have made this selfless choice, to be "advised" against it with no real or tangible reason other than one man's impoverished beliefs, this is a great shame for humanity.

And although (as we have noted elsewhere in this thread) disease, illness, famine, is at an all-time low (compared with previous centuries), despite Serge's claims to the contrary, if we are turning away from evidence based medicine, innoculation, immunisation, and organ donation and transplantation, then we may find ourselves turning back the clock and re-entering the dark ages, not because of civilisation, overpopulation or failings in the modern approach, but because we have allowed ourselves to be blindsided by this wolf in sheep's clothing.

Enough of the pantomimes, people, wake up!

John lazuras
Serge also tells his follows that to be reincarnated that they must be cremated and leave the world with all their organs. I know of UM followers who have been registered as organ donors cancel their registration as a donor as almighty Serge has told them that they must keep their organs.
Gee this guy has some great power and influence over people thoughts and beliefs process.

Date: July 20, 2012 09:38AM

Time's up Rebecca, your choice not to take part in an open discussion here, and to turn down the challenge below, is solid evidence that in stark contrast to your claims, we can't take you at face value, and that you, Serge and Universal Medicine have everything to hide.

At the very least, dear reader, you have to ask yourself, why would someone come on here, attempting to censor what people say on a given subject, then when invited to take part in an open forum on the topic, the person disappears from the conversation - after having made the outlandish statement: "Serge isn’t hiding and neither are we." - rebecca08.

Well contrary to your above statement, Rebecca, you are hiding, you have retreated from logical discussion, as you are too afraid that people (yourself included) will discover the truth.

This is dangerous ground for you and Serge and Universal Medicine, because all that is needed is one seed of doubt in your valued customers - sorry - students minds for the entire illogical jenga puzzle of your belief system to come tumbling down. And this is exactly what your absence in this discussion has achieved for many people, both new recruits, inner circle and would-be UMers alike.

For some, this moment of clarity happens when Serge violates the sanctity of the female body by making unfounded claims about menstruation, for others it is when they can't understand why everything in UM needs to cost so much MONEY, for others it is when Serge says that his son wakes up in the morning with songs in his head and he can't get to the keyboard fast enough to get them out - but then the listener finds "music" that is competely lifeless and without a soul, for others it is as simple as opening up a Wikipedia entry about Alice A. Bailey, but for hundreds, it is performing a google search for "Universal Medicine" and finding themself on this page, reading this message that makes them realise, that something is just not right.

knowledge_is_king
Rebecca,

... text removed by knowledge_is_king as not relevant to this post...

Let's assume that we can take you at face value and that we can believe you when uou say that you and UM and Serge and his family have nothing to hide. That's awesome! Then why don't you post a link to this forum on the Universal Medicine Facebook page? I mean if you don't have anything to hide this is a great opportunity for you to answer our concerns and by displaying it on your page it keeps you transparent. Because really all we are discussing are things any rational adult should be asking themselves when they 'join' (your word) a group like this.

So I guess the question is:
Do you:
a) stay on here and part take in an open debate, risk increasing search traffic to this site, and post up a link to this forum thread on your UM Facebook page, and achieve the transparency gains that clear a lot of the doubts about UM?
b) do you turn down the challenge and leave people wondering what you and by extension what UM have to hide?
or
c) do you come up with an excuse to leave for another reason, or attack my reasoning, or ignore me but refuse nonetheless?

I for one really hope you stick around, as I would love to hear your thoughts on some of the things we've been discussing of late. Shall we start with tampons or eating disorders I'll let you choose.

Date: July 20, 2012 10:14AM

John lazuras

I was aware of Serge's beliefs regarding organ donation. I wonder though what his feelings are about blood donation? If he is 'pro' how does he explain this, since blood is just tissue and thus would surely carry the same imprints and 'pranic' energies in a donor that Serge claims organs do? If he is against blood donation, it would be interesting to hear him rationalise this to the medical community, considering how important blood transfusions are and how he claims to be 'super pro-medicine'.

Posted by: John lazuras ()
Date: July 20, 2012 11:14AM

MacReady

I was aware of Serge's beliefs regarding organ donation. I wonder though what his feelings are about blood donation? If he is 'pro' how does he explain this, since blood is just tissue and thus would surely carry the same imprints and 'pranic' energies in a donor that Serge claims organs do? If he is against blood donation, it would be interesting to hear him rationalise this to the medical community, considering how important blood transfusions are and how he claims to be 'super pro-medicine'.[/quote]

Thanks MacReady,
I am also aware of a UM follower that will no longer attend a dentist or get a pap smear from her GP as in her words " if I have SELF LOVE I will not get sick and will not require a dentist or medical treatment"...................again she told me this is what they have learnt through the Retreats and EDG meetings........but I know in many instances that at the end the UM follower had to attend a Doctor for medication for a general cold. Wait until they get a major tooth ache and have to go to a dentist no self-love will stop that pain. (I see UM have sanctioned a Dentist that practices in a self-loving way).

Again Serge not too sure if you are aware of the effect that you are having on your students basic thought process…but you are and this is why myself and many others find your business / religion / medical service /new age way………. Creepy, weird and downright stupid. How can anyone believe the words that come out of your mouth?

Current Page: 61 of 169

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.