Current Page: 50 of 169
Re: Universal medicine
Posted by: HerbertKane178 ()
Date: July 01, 2012 12:10PM

I really don't get the music thing. Having a fairly extensive music knowledge from both creative and historical angles I can not see how UM music is somehow different from everything else. The cord progressions, key changes, structure etc of that which I have heard (the Benhayons kids CDs and some Chris James's material) sounds exactly the same as all other music of that ilk. As for the kids stuff, it's never going to make the hit parade and sounds like demo music - but if they happy making it and the UM students enjoy it, that's great.

Now I know they will be saying "it's how they felt as they recorded it" or "or does not contain the emotions that all other music does". But music resonates with the individual, regardless of the composers intent/feelings/emotions. How I perceive/respond to Wagner is completely different to how you do. How Jay-Z rocks my world has no bearing on how it rocks yours, or how he felt on the day he wrote that song - and if Beyonce was giving him love or grief that day - does not really enter in to my or your sphere of response to it. We take from it what we will.

Humans have enjoyed music from day one. If that be banging bones on a rock, or listening to a 200 piece orchestra, we have embraced music and all that it offers us. Sometimes it effects us, sometimes it does not. To close ones mind/feelings/choices to all but that which UM produces, to me anyways, illustrates again the narrowing of vision UM offers it devotees. Either it's UM or forget about it. And seeing the above posts on the other music they 'sanction', surely that's enlightening to everyone that this is not a structured response to music. It's worth considering if your adherent to this group.

Do you really want to shut that much of the beauty of this world out?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/01/2012 12:21PM by HerbertKane178.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: MacReady ()
Date: July 01, 2012 12:46PM

As I understand it the key point (along with the emotional issues you mentioned) is that music channels the energy of its creator. So if an artist does drugs, drinks alcohol or generally lives in a manner not approved by UM, the music delivers the energy of said lifestyle choices to the listener. Again this makes the choice of Elvis as an exception to the rule quite amusing, given the generally excessive nature of his lifestyle actually killed him.

Of course, the unmentioned factor is really control. Music is a large part of most people's lives, and the majority of people spend a lot of time, money and energy consuming it. Time, money and energy that could be channelled into UM and its approved roster of musicians if they were convinced that the alternatives were harmful to the 'esoteric' way of life.

It's worth noting that both Juzzie Smith and Chris James took all their pre-UM recordings off the market and now only sell the titles co-produced, 'guided' or otherwise approved by Serge, so they've been convinced that even their own (non 'esoteric') work was harmful to listeners. Appatently one UM music CD (by Jenny James if I'm not mistaken) was withdrawn after release when Serge deemed that it was either made in or carrying the 'wrong' energy. Of course, none of the students realized that until they were told by Serge, so obviously none of them could 'feel' for themselves whether the music had 'energetic integrity' or not

Date: July 01, 2012 02:23PM

MacReady
As I understand it the key point (along with the emotional issues you mentioned) is that music channels the energy of its creator. So if an artist does drugs, drinks alcohol or generally lives in a manner not approved by UM, the music delivers the energy of said lifestyle choices to the listener. Again this makes the choice of Elvis as an exception to the rule quite amusing, given the generally excessive nature of his lifestyle actually killed him.

Of course, the unmentioned factor is really control. Music is a large part of most people's lives, and the majority of people spend a lot of time, money and energy consuming it. Time, money and energy that could be channelled into UM and its approved roster of musicians if they were convinced that the alternatives were harmful to the 'esoteric' way of life.

It's worth noting that both Juzzie Smith and Chris James took all their pre-UM recordings off the market and now only sell the titles co-produced, 'guided' or otherwise approved by Serge, so they've been convinced that even their own (non 'esoteric') work was harmful to listeners. Appatently one UM music CD (by Jenny James if I'm not mistaken) was withdrawn after release when Serge deemed that it was either made in or carrying the 'wrong' energy. Of course, none of the students realized that until they were told by Serge, so obviously none of them could 'feel' for themselves whether the music had 'energetic integrity' or not

Michael Jackson and The Beatles also all lived to excess. Jackson's drug use killed him and The Beatles experiments for psychedelics are well documented and yet they see to be 'approved' also? Seems contradictory to me.

On copyright grounds Glorious Music should perhaps change the title of the album "Welcome to the New Era" by Michael and Emmalee Benhayon as Christian Rap group K2S got there first in 1997. But then again as so much of UM seems to be re-versioned from other sources I am not sure I am surprised by this.

Posted by: MacReady ()
Date: July 01, 2012 03:40PM

HerbertKane178
Michael Jackson and The Beatles also all lived to excess. Jackson's drug use killed him and The Beatles experiments for psychedelics are well documented and yet they see to be 'approved' also? Seems contradictory to me.

On copyright grounds Glorious Music should perhaps change the title of the album "Welcome to the New Era" by Michael and Emmalee Benhayon as Christian Rap group K2S got there first in 1997. But then again as so much of UM seems to be re-versioned from other sources I am not sure I am surprised by this.

I'm not aware of The Beatles or Michael Jackson getting the UM tick of approval. Though given that Lennon, Harrison and Michal Jackson have all passed on perhaps there's some claimed knowledge on Serge's behalf that their karma has cleared, like Presley's supposedly has. I haven't heard this though.

Nice spotting re. K2S:
[www.word.com.au]

Posted by: treefern ()
Date: July 01, 2012 05:03PM

Ah music food of the soul, I just think UM music is pretty poor and really hard to listen to.

Since I joined this blog site and have been supported, gratefully by many unknown 'friends' I have only concentrated on the affect UM and Serge has had on my relationship with my husband. I have recieved several suspect personal emails which I feel may be a set-up, this does not include personal emails from one very helpful and informative foreign blogger.

Now about me,I have noticed something quite frightening which I hadn't noticed before. When my husband was well under the influence of the Cult Master, due to a lot of stress in one form and another I became quite ill. My husband suggested I go to have some Esoteric Connective Tissue Therapy at UM, which I did. I was told that I strongly encouraged to apply to my doctor for a Medical Health Plan which would pay for 6 sessions per year with the practioner. I started with my therapy straight away and had my Craniosccral Pulse checked, was told it was measuring a 7 (with 6 being the lowest and a sign of well....you can guess the implications, to 14 being peak health) I was pretty scared. After my first session my 'number' came up to 9, I was on my way! I went to my doctor to apply for the 6 (free) week plan. She said OK but I would also need to have some tests for safety sake. By the time I had finished my 3rd session with the ECTT therapist my number was now on a 12 and I was well on my way to optimal health-----just get my plan going and come back for the next 3 sessions or better still use all of my 6, given I didn't have to pay.

All was well, or so I was told number up and looking "much better". Plan in place then a call from my doctor, "tests have come back, you have Cancer" so much for my Craniosccral pulse, being a health predictor!

I notice that UM now has a Research Centre which has done "extensive and scientific testing over a period of time on the health benifits of Esoteric Connective Tissue Therapy" Serge you can't test yourselves, you need a panel of independent peers AND subjects (patients) which aren't customers!

What worries me is people get a Medical Plan to pay for the 6 weeks (funny that it is exactly the same amount of time that is allocated by the government?) we the tax payers now fill Serges bank account and some potentially very ill people will be told, they are working at optimal health!
The worker checking my number through my pulse couldn't even tell just how extremely sick I was. My wonderful doctor who Bulk Bills and works for Community Health did not make a red cent out of my illness and in fact saved my life. My doctor does not own properties all over Australia and the UK, my doctor does not fly first class around the world several times a year, my doctor does not have 4 or is it 5 different businesses with different ABN's and last but not least my doctor studied for 8 years to get to the point they are at now, get my point?

Serge I have sent a message to every contact I have in the UK via a geneology site warning them of you, your family and the practises of UM. I have asked that each one of them post my message to ten friends...or more. I do not intend to let the UK go under your Cultism as you have let happen in Australia.

To the person who asked so many personal questions about me in the last personal email I recieved, does this leave you with any unanswered questions now?

Posted by: Gibbs ()
Date: July 01, 2012 05:22PM

Has anybody here thought about speaking at one of the monthly EGD's.

I wonder if Serge would allow a person or 'group' to 'present' some of the arguments brought up here that he or his family could then reply to.

This could reach a large number of people deeply involved and give them a different perspective on the principles of UM.

Failing an official invitation, a group of people with well prepared questions could show up at the monthly EDG and speak up about their concerns.

As some of you already know, Serge likes people to ask questions. Problem is most of the questions do not challenge what is being taught.

It would be great to see a group of gentle loving caring and respectful citizens bringing their voice to the table in front of 200-300 students and would be followers.

Date: July 01, 2012 06:55PM

Hi All, here’s some interesting information from the recent UK EDG meeting notes. Interesting because it demonstrates once again the non-sense that the students inflict upon themselves, and interesting because Serge, who tells us he was Pythagoras, Leonardo da Vinci, Alice A Bailey, and now a member of the Hierarchy, who in his recent New Era recording tells us he can connect to any information in the universe, for some reason doesn’t know that Aquarius is an Air Sign…

We have the opportunity to get there as soon as possible. We are in the aquarius, it is a
water sign,
the symbology of consciousness. 70% of the planet is water, 70% of our body
is made of water. It is more about consciousness than the physical, although we focus on
the physical and we don’t look at the quality of our consciousness.

Once again he constructs dialogues on false premise and false information. Serge, if your clairsentient is on the blink, try Google to get your story straight. No worries though, I am sure you will come up with a great explanation- like everyone else has it wrong, or you meant it metaphorically…

There’s more detailed waffle about numerology. I wonder if when Pythagoras was coming up with this ‘science’ he was aware of the not yet thought up Gregorian Calendar on which modern day numerology supposedly works? Or the problems with leap years that resulted in changes to the dates meaning the actual date today is arbitrary, or even time zones … no, I don’t think so. Of course Serge will say he is spherical and time is not lineal and some other balderdash to confuse his followers into not realizing he is a numbskull.

We want success because it gives us recognition, very few are serving the plan as it is usually a self motivation -’I will get Serge to notice’ “ I want approval and recognition’.

Every ascended master has made it from the ‘dust up’. Every ascended master has
experienced the experiences of humanity, they have experienced everything horrible on
this earth, relationship break ups, problems at work, poverty, etc etc. They make it from
the dust up, they fight against what wasn’t love, seek truth, become humble, and then
surrender.

Yes Serge, you are an ascended master and we are in awe. You are humble (cough) and have surrendered. Your students want your humble praise. Unfortunately, I am sure they do because for some reason they can’t see you for the simpleton you really are.

We are not taught the things presented in the EDG by Serge in universities, schools,
nobody is telling us one important thing fact about life, that we are going in circles, going
no where, and you cant escape that. If placed on a plane of life that is going nowhere, but
there is a perception we are going somewhere, then, something is very wrong, either the
fact is wrong or the perception is wrong. The fact cannot be wrong. Maybe the perception
is wrong, if the facts are consistent, and the perception doesn’t make sense. The
perception must be wrong because it does not make sense.

Yep, the usual obfuscating mind stopping false dilemma- lets use the word fact to mean Serge’s half baked ideas, and doesn’t make sense to mean Serge and we are getting some gist of the meaning.

Please wake up UM’ers. Serge, one of the select members of the Hierarchy doesn’t even know his zodiac- why would he know anymore about numerology, food, music, art, philosophy, exercise, the body? Well, he doesn’t. check anything he says. It is all the same. Wrong. But Serge has that covered. He calls it “energetically correct”.

Date: July 01, 2012 07:11PM

HerbertKane178
I really don't get the music thing. Having a fairly extensive music knowledge from both creative and historical angles I can not see how UM music is somehow different from everything else. The cord progressions, key changes, structure etc of that which I have heard (the Benhayons kids CDs and some Chris James's material) sounds exactly the same as all other music of that ilk. As for the kids stuff, it's never going to make the hit parade and sounds like demo music - but if they happy making it and the UM students enjoy it, that's great.

Now I know they will be saying "it's how they felt as they recorded it" or "or does not contain the emotions that all other music does". But music resonates with the individual, regardless of the composers intent/feelings/emotions. How I perceive/respond to Wagner is completely different to how you do. How Jay-Z rocks my world has no bearing on how it rocks yours, or how he felt on the day he wrote that song - and if Beyonce was giving him love or grief that day - does not really enter in to my or your sphere of response to it. We take from it what we will.

Humans have enjoyed music from day one. If that be banging bones on a rock, or listening to a 200 piece orchestra, we have embraced music and all that it offers us. Sometimes it effects us, sometimes it does not. To close ones mind/feelings/choices to all but that which UM produces, to me anyways, illustrates again the narrowing of vision UM offers it devotees. Either it's UM or forget about it. And seeing the above posts on the other music they 'sanction', surely that's enlightening to everyone that this is not a structured response to music. It's worth considering if your adherent to this group.

Do you really want to shut that much of the beauty of this world out?

Its a traversty Herb. I remember being appalled when I was a teenager when I heard fundamental muslims didnt allow music. I couldnt imagine a world without it. Now we have Serge denigrating the brilliance of those special people that have contributed to this magnficent artform and replacing it with third rate, artless, soul-less, chord progressions and warbling-
But besides the cynical money money aspect, this is clearly about extending his control.
Music
Food
Exercise
Art
Sex
Relationships

A student is not free to be themselves, Each moment is a choice of right/wrong. Pranic/Fiery. Each moment Serge is right there controlling their every thought and action remotely- sucking the joy out of ther lives, calling Joy and happiness, glamour and illusion, and working day and night to make them distrust their own being.

They are constanly fed the poison- calamity, disease, Bad karma, and made to buy the Medicine. Universal Medicine.

What's next? I am sure there is more on the way.

Date: July 01, 2012 11:52PM

Gibbs
Has anybody here thought about speaking at one of the monthly EGD's.

I wonder if Serge would allow a person or 'group' to 'present' some of the arguments brought up here that he or his family could then reply to.

This could reach a large number of people deeply involved and give them a different perspective on the principles of UM.

Failing an official invitation, a group of people with well prepared questions could show up at the monthly EDG and speak up about their concerns.

As some of you already know, Serge likes people to ask questions. Problem is most of the questions do not challenge what is being taught.

It would be great to see a group of gentle loving caring and respectful citizens bringing their voice to the table in front of 200-300 students and would be followers.

I think that's a terrific idea Gibbs.

Date: July 02, 2012 09:44AM

MacReady
HerbertKane178

I'm not aware of The Beatles or Michael Jackson getting the UM tick of approval. Though given that Lennon, Harrison and Michal Jackson have all passed on perhaps there's some claimed knowledge on Serge's behalf that their karma has cleared, like Presley's supposedly has. I haven't heard this though.

Nice spotting re. K2S:
[www.word.com.au]

Not 100% on the Beatles/Michael Jackson but have heard it playing in the background at a UM party and know Benhayon boys used to Rap Dance to MJ or similiar in the past. ( really odd the way Serge always parades his family infront of students- one of my first alarm bells) So just assuming it is on the Okay list. Like surfing, and driving Alfa Romeo's, there is no doubt that Elvis and others will have passed the test because Serge has justified it as it is something he likes. He's the only Esoteric Forever Student that gets to make his own choices. Everyone else has the privelege of him making them for him.

Current Page: 50 of 169

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.