Pages: 1234567Next
Current Page: 1 of 7
Dave McKay, Jesus Christians, the Truth Believers and child molesters
Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: January 20, 2011 06:15AM

Update 2012: It appears that the "Jesus Christians" led by Dave McKay have changed the group name. The group now seems to be known as the "Truth Belivers" and has a new Web site.

See [www.wix.com]

For the purpose of having a separate discussion on the topic of whether Dave McKay is (and has been for some years) providing a sanctuary for sex offenders in the cult known as the "Jesus Christians," I have created this separate thread. Here, we can focus on and discuss this one particular issue.

Is there a pattern of such behavior on the part of DM and the JCs?

What exactly has happened in the past, with respect to alleged incidents of child sexual abuse perpetrated by former (and possibly present) members of the JCs?

What would the responsible thing for DM, as the leader of the group, to do in the event that he had knowledge of such pedophilic activity being carried out by a member of his group?

Should he allow such persons to work, unsupervised and unhindered, with the JCs?

Or should he immediately report such incidents, as well as the offender(s) who committed them, to the relevant legal authorities?

Should he not as well go about seeking counseling and therapy for the offender(s), to help ensure that such incidents are prevented from happening in the future?

Dave McKay has never once categorically renounced or repudiated any of the teachings of the pedophile Moses David Berg.

He has never (to my knowledge) once stated that he believes that Mo was a bad man.

He has never (to my knowledge) once admitted any guilt about, or taken any responsibility for, anything.

Instead, he writes things like:

But a better example is paedophilia. Kids are not FORCED to have sex, and yet society says it is wrong. I know, I know, they are not adults. But you see, we each have our restrictions that we think makes it wrong or doesn't make it wrong. And so what we decided to experiment with is just trying to follow the rules as we honestly and humbly think God wrote them.

or

"But it is an attempt to put the crimes into some other perspective than the rather sensational one that usually surrounds the topic of sex in the media. Is there any room for society to take genuine repentance into consideration when dealing with the subject of paedophilia? Or is mercy only limited to other sins?"

My idea is to put anything and everything pertaining to the matter of alleged incidents of child sexual abuse being covered up (whether within the group, or carried out by some member of the group, or some combination thereof) in this, a completely separate thread.

OK?

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 03/09/2012 05:30AM by rrmoderator.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do Dave McKay and the "Jesus Christians" shelter child molesters?
Date: January 20, 2011 06:17AM

[forum.culteducation.com]

The member in question, let's call him "X", molested his girlfriend’s two daughters while living with them and their mother. I am not sure of his exact age at that time, he was at least 21, and he was a sexually active adult. When I was a JC member, I spent a lot of time with "X". He often went on outreach with me and my son.One time, I was on outreach with "X" , and another member named Monty. "X" had confessed to Monty that he had molested these two girls. Monty asked "X" to confess to me about two girls. The reasons that Monty had asked him to confess to me was that "X" was being extremely affectionate with my son .Monty was concerned enough that he fasted for 3 days before confronting "X" and asking him to tell me. Anyhow, at Monty's insistance, "X" confessed, and I got very upset and asked that we go right back to the base. Dave and Cherry were in town and I wanted them to know.

We talked about things with Dave and Cherry back at base. In the manner typical of pedophiles, "X" said that he hadn’t hurt the girls and had just wanted to make them feel good. He also said that he had molested them while they were sleeping. (At the time it sounded like it had only happened once but in later discussion he admitted to inappropriately touching them more than once.)

In the discussion, Cherry was very helpful, she jumped on "X"s comments about making the girls feel good and told him that was NOT right or acceptable. Dave’s attitude wasn’t what I expected it to be. He felt that Monty, Cherry and I were over reacting. He also said that he didn’t think Monty should have asked "X" to confess to me. A few people had noticed that "X"'s behaviour towards my son was inappropriate. Cherry even said that even though nothing serious had happened yet...she felt that things were heading that way.

This all occurred just a short time before I was scheduled to leave my children at the base and go to help someone who was donating a kidney. I was concerned about "X" being there with my children when I was out of town. So, "X" was asked to leave the base for the whole time that I was away. I am not sure that I would have been afforded this consideration if Cherry wouldn't have been there. I'm pretty sure it was her idea that he leave while I was away.

Dave mentioned in his post, leader's who were discussing the issue. Well, I was the leader in the US base at that time. I was not only involved but I instigated the discussions.The discussions that I was party to were more to do with the issue of me being "overly protective" of my children, though. I think a few emails went back and forth between Dave and "X" as some sort of "counseling". It was also suggested, I think by Cherry, that "X" play with the dog more instead of being affectionate with my son. I am not aware of any other "therapy" being offered to "X".

Also, within weeks of the problem coming to light, Dave insisted that my son move out of the "family" bedroom that we had and into one of the "guys" rooms. I didn't want my son, who was 6 at the time, to sleep in a room with grown men. Especially after finding out about "X"'s past. Dave, in his usual manner, pushed and pushed on the subject. I even left the community with my kids for a couple of days, without permission, because I was so upset. This particular grievance ended up being "witnessed' by two women who had been in the group a long time. They tried to be sensitive, but in the end agreed with Dave that I was just being overly protective and my son should sleep in a room with the guys. I remember one of them saying, about the incident with "X" and the girls, that they probably weren't damaged seeing as they were sleeping.

It is clear to me from the above post, as well as others on this site, that Dave continues to be a hypocritical liar! He knows what happened and yet wants to belittle me and label me an "over sensitive" mother. I make no apologies. Parents are meant to protect their children. I'll go ahead and admit it now... I feed and clothe them too.

BTW, I have talked with my children and it seems that nothing of a sexual nature happened to them in the group.Thank God! In my mind, this does not excuse Dave's lack of concern for children inside and outside of the group.

Date: January 20, 2011 06:18AM

AAP General News (Australia)
12-10-1998
NSW: Man jailed for 48 child sex offences

By Jamie Tarabay

SYDNEY, Dec 10 AAP - A social worker who sexually abused young homeless beggars in India and Australian children as young as two years-old was jailed for at least three-and-a-half years today.

In sentencing in the New South Wales District Court, Judge Ian Dodd said the crimes would have been undetected had the social worker not come forward and confessed because he felt "disgusted with himself".

Bruce Clyde Steel, 43, of Newcastle pleaded guilty to 15 counts of child abuse dating from 1976 to 1997 which took place in New South Wales, including Sydney and Newcastle, as well as in India.

The judge also took into account another 33 offences which Steel also admitted to.

The Australian offences included numerous children and dated back to the mid 1970s when Steel was living in Sydney.

After settling in the Hunter Valley in the early 1980s, Steel continued to assault young
children he met through friends and at local shops.

In one instance Steel was travelling on a train from Sydney to Newcastle when a female
passenger asked him to take her two year-old son to the toilet, where he then masturbated the child.

Steel has also admitted assaulting about 18 homeless beggar boys while working for a church group as a social worker in India in late 1997.

He would spend time at a railway station in Madras where he would assault young males, often giving them money before or after the assault.

In his remarks Judge Dodd said Steel pleaded guilty at the earliest opportunity and was
prepared to undergo chemical treatment during imprisonment if available.

Judge Dodd said Steel, who had previously worked for the NSW State Rail Authority for 13 years, had an "inadequate personality" and was "unable to make normal sexual, or other, relationships".

Judge Dodd also mentioned that Steel had previously spent time in detention for similar
offences.

He was sentenced to a minimum of three and a half years imprisonment and a maximum of six.

Steel is only the second person in NSW to be prosecuted under the Crimes (Child Sex
Tourism) Act, which was introduced in 1994 to combat the sexual abuse of children overseas by Australians.

He is the second person from New South Wales to be prosecuted and the first Australian
charged with offences in India under the Act.

1998 AAP Information Services Pty Limited (AAP)

And this is the letter that Dave wrote about his, "paedophile friend" to the Newcastle Herald, which was published 19 November 1998:

Child sex confession.

From Dave McKay

AS a friend of the man charged with 15 sex offences in Newcastle District Court last Friday, I was disappointed that your report (NH 14/11/98) did not include what I consider is really the most significant aspect of this story.

As I understand it, no law enforcement agency had any interest in Bruce Steel, or knowledge of his offences, until he approached them with a nine-page confession. His confession came as a result of his Christian faith, and a desire to make right the wrongs that he has done, most of which occurred many years ago.

This is not an attempt to minimise the wrong that he has done. Certainly his willingness to put himself in prison to answer for the crimes indicates his own admission that what he did was very wrong.

But it is an attempt to put the crimes into some other perspective than the rather sensational one that usually surrounds the topic of sex in the media.

Is there any room for society to take genuine repentance into consideration when dealing with the subject of paedophilia? Or is mercy only limited to other sins?

Dave McKay

Mayfield

November 18.

I guess we can now honestly state that DM is a friend to pedophiles, with no legal comeback.

My source has suggested that there were actually more offenses, but they only went with the ones they could prove.

I am particularly interested in this comment from DM. "As I understand it, no law enforcement agency had any interest in Bruce Steel..."

I am not sure if he means purely in relation to this case? David has stated on his forum that they knew Bruce was a pedophile prior to Bruce going to India and, presumably then the police knew too.

Or did they? If they didn't, why didn't they?

"But it is an attempt to put the crimes into some other perspective than the rather sensational one that usually surrounds the topic of sex in the media. Is there any room for society to take genuine repentance into consideration when dealing with the subject of paedophilia? Or is mercy only limited to other sins?"

Dave McKay

Date: January 20, 2011 06:21AM

Okay, now we are getting closer to facts. I'll start with the last two lines first: yes, obviously I regret having let Bruce work with us at all. No way would I let him work with us again. And if there were any other known pedophile wanting to work with us, and wanting to change, you bet I would have that person watched even more closely. Now, do you want to ask Kevin the same questions, since he was the second-in-charge, and he was in on every stage of the decision-making with regard to this...You are saying that the JC's India branch was home to some of the most vulnerable children, is that right? You see, Brian, a lot of your deception is how you jump tracks in the middle of a sentence, like starting out with the JCs and then talking about The Family! Are we talking about me allowed a paedophile to go to India? Because neither you nor I can STOP a paedophile from going to India. But children in the JCs in India are amongst some of the world's most PROTECTED children. So stop talking in riddles.

[jcs.xjcs.org]

Date: January 20, 2011 06:26AM

[jcs.xjcs.org]

Yes, she does say "one" of the men's rooms. However you are wrong when you say that X didn't sleep or frequent that room where Dave wanted the boy to sleep. That room was a communal room that all the single guys shared at different times. They would take turns using it. Typically the guys who used it were the ones who distributed in the local area that week as opposed to going on outreach. X DID use and frequent that room, but more on that later.

Also it was not just a room for sleeping. It was often a place where guys gathered to fraternise with each other usually before going off to bed. The room was in a small house in the back yard. In this house there was another room and a bathroom. This other room also had single guys sleeping in it at times. The bathroom was frequented by all the single guys as it was there designated bathroom regardless of where they were sleeping. This meant the room was more frequented by those who weren't sleeping in it since it was right next to the bathroom.

Cherry says that X deliberately was not to sleep or frequent the room where Dave wanted the boy to sleep. But remember the boy never slept in that room. Not even once. Think about it, why would there be a policy for X to not frequent or sleep in that room if that was never the boy's room? Why would X be deliberately forbidden to stay away from a room which only ever had single adult men? There was no policy to keep X away from that room. The only reason the boy didn't sleep in the single guy's room was because the boy's mother stood up to Dave and refused.

Cherry, the bottom line is NOT that nothing of a sexual nature happened. The bottom line is that Dave didn't safeguard against the risk of something of a sexual nature happening. He tried to force a young boy to sleep in a room which would have significantly raised the risk of him being in contact with a man whom he knew had a history of molesting young girls on more than one occasion while he was an adult. Worst still Dave tried to do this even against the mother's wishes, taking a grievance against her. Would it be okay for me to continue driving through red-lights simply because I never caused an accident? Wouldn't it mean that I was more likely to get into an accident eventually? This is the nature of our concern.

XXX

When are you going to state that the Family is a notorious and destructive cult and publicly renounce MO, his teachings, and everything he stands for, Dave?

For those who are interested in learning more about Dave McKay and the "Jesus Christians" please see:

[www.culteducation.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/20/2011 06:31AM by zeuszor.

Date: January 20, 2011 07:07AM

Do we see a pattern here? John, Bruce, X, and whoever else?

When are you going to state that the Family is a notorious and destructive cult and publicly renounce MO, his teachings, and everything he stands for, Dave?

For those who are interested in learning more about Dave McKay and the "Jesus Christians" please see:

[www.culteducation.com]

Posted by: Apollo ()
Date: January 20, 2011 08:24AM

This thread is an excellent idea zeuszor. I believe there may have been a huge cover up within the JCs cult.

''X'' the JCs victim/follower who admitted to molesting a 5 year old and a 10 year old should have been reported to the police immediately. As leader of the cult it was David's responsibility to do so. He failed to do that. In fact, he didn't even encourage ''X'' to receive treatment. We are led to believe that ''X'' was allowed to work alongside vulnerable children in Africa.

I can't say too much with regards to the child molester who apparently had learning difficulties. I only first heard about this when h/j recently stated that Sue had previously confided in her. Apparently this man abused someone within the group but was not reported to the police or encouraged to receive treatment.

Then of course we have the paedophile who was working for the JCs in India. I was literally shocked when I found out 18 children were abused at the hands of this man who in McKay's own words was being ''highly supervised''. McKay completely minimised the man's crimes. Going by McKay's various quotes on the matter you would have had absolutely no idea the abuse happened on such a large scale.

I'm with you on this zeuszor. McKay has been known to lie through his teeth so I wouldn't be surprised if there's more paedophilia which has been covered up.

Personally I think there needs to be a full investigation.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/20/2011 08:35AM by Apollo.

Date: January 20, 2011 08:30AM

[jcs.xjcs.org]

Everything written by Xenophone (up to this point) on the XJC site, is above.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/20/2011 08:31AM by zeuszor.

Posted by: Apollo ()
Date: January 20, 2011 08:47AM

Zeuszor it could also be helpful if we can find Kevin's testimony. I'm sure he's discussed both the incidents involving Bruce and ''X''.

Date: January 20, 2011 08:59AM

Pages: 1234567Next
Current Page: 1 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.