Current Page: 23 of 155
James Arthur Ray - deliberate distraction, Inattentional blindness
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: November 08, 2009 09:54AM

Don't forget to try the "basketball video" experiment.
Make sure to follow the instructions at the link given, and don't read ahead!
[forum.culteducation.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: James Arthur Ray - LGAT seminars,
Date: November 08, 2009 04:47PM

Two new articles about the James Arthur Ray LGAT seminars.

It's buyer beware for personal-transformation seminars
By Tim Steller, Arizona Daily Star
[www.azstarnet.com]

'Transformation' sessions claim high cost
By Tim Steller ARIZONA DAILY STAR
[www.azstarnet.com]

Re: James Arthur Ray - 2 die at Arizona retreat's sweat lodge
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: November 08, 2009 09:23PM

This article is from the TM-Free website. I am giving the URL because in the comments
section, in a discussion of the old TM retreats, several persons describe the effects of
low calorie diets and of...fasting.

[tmfree.blogspot.com]

Unless a licensed physician or nurse practitioner directs you to fast in order to prepare for lab tests, certain medical procedures and surgery, or it is medically supervised for a life threatening degree of obesity--beware if anyone else wants you to fast.

I knew people who did water only fasts when in the peace movement, for spiritual reasons. I tried water only fasting myself Thank God I never made it past 5 days).

What happened to me and also several persons I knew who fasted was that quite quickly, emotions were suppressed---within just a couple of days. One needs caloric energy to have emotions, including those valuable gut feelings that warn of interpersonal danger.

Fasting can actually suppress emotions and give a misleading sense of serenity that does nothing to address the actual problems a person is dealing with--kind of like taking too much valium.

James Arthur Ray - presuppostions, bankruptcy?
Date: November 09, 2009 03:54AM

There is a blog update from James Ray.

Sedona Update - 11/7/09 [blog.jamesray.com]

Those kinds of general public statements usually don't have many advanced linguistic operators in them, as those are used on clients as they get more involved in the group.
That statement is something from a PR and business perspective, but it is also has some aspects of these loaded communcations.

It does contain several PRESUPPOSITIONS in it.
He says Sedona was a "tragic accident". The authorities have said it was NOT an accident.
He says his "representatives" may meet with authorities..that's a clear statement he WON'T talk to authorities until he's is compelled to by the powers that be.

He drops the word "facts" a couple of times, the facts will be settled by others, not him.

Interestingly he says people can...
"expect significant delays in responses to all general business requests", and they have every "intention" of responding once "once we have helped determine what happened in Sedona".

That has several messages in it, the "delays" might mean business people are NOT going to get PAID in their "business requests".
Also, he says they have the "intention" of responding to you, but specifically does NOT say he ever will respond. They have the "intention" to respond once (AFTER) the Sedona situation is settled, that could easily be years.
So they are saying they may never respond.

The last part is very interesting. He talks about something in the FUTURE with the past tense, with a presupposition of it happening his way.
He says once they have "HELPED determine" what happened in Sedona.
He doesn't say if they can, he says ONCE THEY HAVE. So that is interesting, the use of the past tense for the future.
That is very common in hypnotherapy work, you turn a future event into the past as already having happened a certain way, to try to "program" it into the mind. That can be called "remembering the future".

But the fact is, that as far as "helping" the authorities determine what happened...the authorities obviously don't want those being questioned and/or investigated for homicide to "HELP" investigate themselves! To try to reframe helping yourself as helping the authorities is of course beyond ridiculous.

The message seems to be, no one can expect a "business" response, perhaps like getting paid, until the Sedona case is settled, which could take years.
If a company gets hit with a bunch of lawsuits, they sometimes just go bankrupt.
Then just start a new company.

But there are some advanced linguistic operators even in this short PR statement, with the presuppositions, and representing the future in the past tense.
Its a big mistake to assume James Ray is a dummy, he knows all about how to use language to try to persuade.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/09/2009 04:01AM by The Anticult.

Re: James Arthur Ray - Paul Scheele, NLP, Ericksonian hypnosis
Posted by: buffman ()
Date: November 09, 2009 04:53PM

Re: Paul Scheele and Learning Strategies Corporation--they use the standard obnoxious long-form sales letters with a barrage of direct mail and sales emails. Once you buy something from them, you are on their marketing list for life. I've asked to be removed from their mailing list multiple times, yet somehow I ended up on it again. I stopped opening their mailings because I found myself wanting to buy stuff I had no need for whatsoever.

I once emailed them about their obnoxious emails. I said if I wanted to buy something that was already listed on their website, I would go and visit it myself. Mr. Scheele wrote me back personally saying that every time they send out an email they make 10's of thousands of dollars in sales (and they send promotional emails at least once weekly).

I found the "10-minute supercharger" and "Deep Relaxation" tapes useful, but didn't specifically analyze them for embedded suggestions about buying more products. Scheele uses confusion/overload with the dual induction (different voice in each ear) which I found irritating after a while, but somewhat useful at first. There are also some strange vocal effects that make his voice sound spacey and probably add to suggestive potential. The newest version includes binaural beats too, apparently formulated by marketing buddy Bill Harris who sells his Holosync CDs at high prices with very pushy marketing. Bill Harris has endorsed James Ray as you can see in this testimonial video:

[www.youtube.com]

Bill Harris used to have a testimonial from James Ray on his sales letter: [www.centerpointe.com] which was mysteriously removed after the death lodge incident (warning: link goes to Harris's obnoxious, manipulative sales letter designed to get you permanently into his coercive sales cycle by giving you a "free" sample). Harris's "free" sample of Holosync is a sales pitch with binaural beats playing in the background--very messed-up if you ask me. If binaural beats work to create a trance or meditative state, then they make you more suggestible to his sales pitch. If they don't work, he's selling very expensive snake oil. Either way I'd advise you to stay away from this shady character.

Some folks I know swear by Holosync, but I find it the weakest form of brain entrainment at the highest prices on the market. BWGen for PC can create anything Holosync can do for free. If you search around, you can find Holosync-like protocols for BWGen, but there is also some debate as to whether the Holosync protocol is effective or even dangerous for some people. Binaural beats are still highly experimental, so use them at your own risk.

James Ray, Bill Harris, Paul Scheele, and many others are all part of the marketing circle jerk for personal development gurus known as the "Transformational Leadership Council." The movie The Secret was filmed at a TLC meeting in Aspen, CO. The organization mostly exists to network amongst the new age elite, and this special country club for narcissist gurus is invite-only:

[www.transformationalleadershipcouncil.com]

I recommend avoiding every name on this list.

The Anticult
You can see the text above by James Ray and how it is full with the same type of language patterns being described.
The "New Behavior Generator" is a classic NLP pattern.

James Ray conceals most of his main sources, so it will take a little work to find the links. For example, he doesn't mention Tony Robbins in his book, but to anyone who knows Robbins stuff, James Ray is obviously directly copying a large amount of it.
Its the same with some of the NLP hypnosis tech, and other key components.

Jame Ray's associate Paul Scheele, has experience with Ericksonian hypnosis, and even dual-inductions, there are a lot of links out there to be brought forward.
God only knows what Paul Scheele is REALLY doing in these recordings.

[www.mindalive.com]
Paraliminal CDs by Paul Scheele
QUOTE: "The Paraliminal CDs are based on dual induction Ericksonian hypnosis. Ericksonian hypnosis has been proven to be one of the most effective hypnotic techniques available to date."

James Arthur Ray - Paul Scheele SPAMMER, NLP, Ericksonian hypnosis
Date: November 10, 2009 06:03AM

So then Paul Scheele and Learning Strategies Corporation are SPAMMERS. If they refuse to remove people from their marketing lists, and keep reselling/moving them to other lists, then they are official spammers. (in some areas that can be reported, if they refuse to remove you from their lists).

The way Paul Scheele sends out spam to thousands of people, to make tens of thousands in SALES SALES SALES, shows what he thinks of "clients".
Clients = moneymachines for Paul Scheele.

Paul Scheele is flagrantly abusing the methods of Ericksonian hypnotherapy for personal gain.

Paul Scheele has copied Richard Bandler, with the stereo dual-induction in each ear and weird effects. That's just meant to trance people out. They sometimes go into other languages too.
The Holosync hocus-pocus is the same thing, just hand-waving. Holosync is a flagrant scam and rip-off. Bill Harris, yet another artist of the scam.
[www.skepdic.com] "Holosync is perfect for the lazy and the gullible"

One should NEVER listen to these types of Induction recordings, single or dual induction, without first very very carefully analyzing the text of what is being said. Who knows what kink of junk they are putting in your brain?
It could be marketing stuff, it could be stuff to mess around with your beliefs, it could be anything.
So please, anyone who reads this, NEVER EVER listen to one of these tranced-out audio recordings without first very very carefully analyzing the content and how its put together.
The conversational hypnosis is bad enough, never mind the deep trance material they are randomly using on thousands of strangers through recordings.

The missing link to James Arthur Ray from Bill Harris is very telling.

buffman
Re: Paul Scheele and Learning Strategies Corporation--they use the standard obnoxious long-form sales letters with a barrage of direct mail and sales emails. Once you buy something from them, you are on their marketing list for life. I've asked to be removed from their mailing list multiple times, yet somehow I ended up on it again. I stopped opening their mailings because I found myself wanting to buy stuff I had no need for whatsoever.

I once emailed them about their obnoxious emails. I said if I wanted to buy something that was already listed on their website, I would go and visit it myself. Mr. Scheele wrote me back personally saying that every time they send out an email they make 10's of thousands of dollars in sales (and they send promotional emails at least once weekly).

I found the "10-minute supercharger" and "Deep Relaxation" tapes useful, but didn't specifically analyze them for embedded suggestions about buying more products. Scheele uses confusion/overload with the dual induction (different voice in each ear) which I found irritating after a while, but somewhat useful at first. There are also some strange vocal effects that make his voice sound spacey and probably add to suggestive potential. The newest version includes binaural beats too, apparently formulated by marketing buddy Bill Harris who sells his Holosync CDs at high prices with very pushy marketing. Bill Harris has endorsed James Ray as you can see in this testimonial video:

[www.youtube.com]

Bill Harris used to have a testimonial from James Ray on his sales letter: [www.centerpointe.com] which was mysteriously removed after the death lodge incident

James Arthur Ray - Megan Fredrickson manic pose, NLP anchoring
Date: November 10, 2009 07:03AM

Look at this bizarre photo of James Ray with his mouth/eyes wide open in a manic pose
[rumorrat.com]

The photo is absolutely literally IDENTICAL to the photo's posted by James Ray closest employees and associates, his "Angels".

Megan Fredrickson manic pose [www.saltydroid.info]

Michelle Goulet manic pose [www.saltydroid.info]

This is obviously mimicking the guru, but its also a type of "anchoring" which is used in NLP. NLP Anchoring [en.wikipedia.org])
What they do is get you into a peak-state, and then anchor some type of UNIQUE stimulus "cue" to that state, which can then be Triggered at will by the Guru.
Its stems from behaviorism, but in fact is cognitive. Regardless, it becomes a triggered stimulus cue, like Pavlov ringing the bell to make his dogs salivate on command.

James Ray has anchored that manic Trigger into his people, along with many other cues.

As far as the Ray's Angels, an ABC new report also said they were called "death angels". [twitter.com]
Notice how James Ray surrounds himself with young women, who follow his commands?

It does bring to mind the image from the TV show "Charlies Angels".
Ray's Angels, Ray's "death angels".
A group of young women, following the verbal commands of their mysterious boss over a speakerphone...
...except these are reported by ABC news as James Ray "death angels", and Ray is "God".

[twitter.com] "Says Ray dressed up as God & his team as "death angels."

Re: James Arthur Ray - Megan Fredrickson manic pose, NLP anchoring
Posted by: Stoic ()
Date: November 12, 2009 04:24AM

Just want to say thanks, Anticult, buffman and others for the sterling work on this long overdue exposure. Eye-opening stuff.

Date: November 15, 2009 05:54PM

Here a little more about how the advanced NLP persuasion people think.
James Arthur Ray has studied their methods very carefully.

Richard Bandler's partner is John La Valle, who is also co-author of the book Persuasion Engineering. The advertising material out there by John La Valle is really disgusting, frankly. He uses a lot of deliberate Confusion and embedded suggestions about "not being in a deep enough trance yet" to take advantage of naive people in the public who have no idea of what he does or can do.

Below is a taste from an online chat about so-called DHE, which is along the same lines. There is so much deliberate distortion and being intentionally vague, with of course the goal to lure people into the expensive seminars, where you have NO IDEA of what these guys are really doing to you, and how they are rearranging the core concepts in your mind.

What is interesting here is that Ross Jeffries from Speed Seduction is in the chat. Ross Jeffries is discussed on this forum, as Speed Seduction comes right out of the NLP persuasion area.
"The Game" "Pickup Artists" and "The Seduction Community" [forum.culteducation.com]

Rest assured that James Arthur Ray studied all of the NLP based "Speed Seduction" as well, and modified it to groups of people, and for one-on-one use with his own staff.

Notice below the contempt that Ross Jeffries displays for the "dim-wits" who fall for the DISTRACTION and miss what is really going on. The "content" is the distraction. In this case, DHE is the distraction.
Of course, they reframe it as a "gift" which is the identical language used by Tony Robbins, for example.

In reality, the CONTENT is the DISTRACTION, while the engineering of unconscious consent is what is really going on. The content is meant to occupy and distract your mental focus, EXACTLY in the same was as shown above.
Inattentional blindness [forum.culteducation.com]

John La Valle of course knows that is what is going on, and he thinks it hilarious, as he says below...ROFL, Rolling On Floor Laughing, to the comments about people being dim-wits.
At least Ross Jeffries admits that he really believes the NLP students/clients are dim-wits.

Guys who do this stuff for a living for years on end, they do think its absolutely hilarious what "dim-wits" people are, as they just believe and follow the CONTENT, utterly clueless about the real persuasion engineering occurring.
They can't see the 800 lb gorilla right in front of their eyes, as they are caught up with the deliberate misdirection and content distraction.
That is what Byron Katie does, with the nondual hocus pocus, its a cognitive distraction to occupy the conscious mind.

But the public are not dim-wits, although the raw IQ intelligence of the persuaders is very high.
But the people are not dim-wits. They are just UNTRAINED and have been deceived and lied to. If anything, the people are just way too TRUSTING and decent people, who would never think that their Speaker-Guru-Trainer is lying his/her ass off all day long.
Its like putting a civillian in the ring with a trained martial artist, and they will get clobbered. Its not that the civilian is a dim-wit, they are totally untrained in the martial art.
But the NLP advanced persuasion perpetrator calls them dim-wits, when in fact the fault lies in their own lying and exaggeration to the public, to make more sales.

If the NLP students/clients are dim-wits, then the NLP trainers are manipulative slime-balls and professional liars.

That is literally, exactly, precisely, what James Arthur Ray does. All of his "content" is simply deliberate misdirection. That is the model he has used to do what he does.
Sadly, as the public/media has no training or awareness in these areas, they don't see it.

That is what the professional persuaders find so hilarious, they roll on the floor laughing.

(John La Valle is "PureNLP")
___________QUOTE____________________
[www.altfeld.com]
RossJ Uh... well... I always chunk up and ask, "What is Richard really attempting to do as he distracts us with something that we THINK it is really all about?"
PureNLP Ross, that works.
RossJ That's my way of understanding him... he leads us by what we can accept all the while sneaking in the real magic... and all the while the dimwits are thinking the distractions are the heart of it... never realizing just what a gift he is giving people....
PureNLP Real magic?
Jonathan Not really dimwits ;) lets give people credit for being amazing learning machines....
PureNLP ROFL
RossJ Taking people beyond what they expected so they can then ask, "What do I want to design in now?" Jon: they are dimwits IMHO
PureNLP He's been doing it for years
_______________QUOTE_____________________

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/15/2009 06:12PM by The Anticult.

Date: November 15, 2009 06:36PM

Lakota Nation files lawsuit against parties in sweat lodge incident
[www.sedona.biz]

James Ray faces new lawsuits and rage from family and friends of sweat lodge victim Kirby Brown
[www.examiner.com]
QUOTE " the family and friends of one of Ray's deceased victims, Kirby Brown, have put three large banners up stating, "BE ACCOUNTABLE JAMES ARTHUR RAY. YOU WERE TRUSTED BY OUR FRIEND KIRBY BROWN AND NOW SHE AND TWO OTHERS ARE DEAD!" One is up on a building that Ray has to see when he goes to his office!"

Current Page: 23 of 155

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.