Pages: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
What do the extremist Muslims really want
Posted by: JosephQ ()
Date: November 15, 2006 02:05AM

Has anyone heard of author, W.G. Van Dorian? He has written a book called The Invisible Invasion about an extremist group that intends to conquer the world.

Apparently Van Dorian has had exposure to extremist/terrorist groups and thinks that the big plan in reality is that some factions of Muslims want to take over by whatever means necessary. An interview with him was recently published [www.breakingnewsagency.com]

As this is such a controversial issue, I would like to know what others think.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: sametanner ()
Date: November 27, 2006 01:00AM

I'm suprised that this seems to be a secret, I've heard a number of "talking heads" (credible ones, not just Republicans) on TV news programs cover this subject.

Radical fundamentalist Muslimsj, like Osama bin Laden, want / intend to sweep away all other sects (and their respective govts) and replace them with their fundamentalist faith. This is why they speak of Jihad, they refer to the days after Mohammed, the Prophet, came to power and swept thru what are now the existing Arab countries (along with Lebanon, Turkey, and Israel), north Africa, southern Spain, Serbia / Bosnia, and the eastern Caucasus mountains north of Afghanistan with the "philosophy" of "Convert or Die". This was a time when the Mohammedan empire, at least in size, rivaled the Roman Empire and the Persian Empire.
They want to return to the old "Glory Days" of Islam and truly feel that this is what Allah wants and expects of them. This is what is being taught in many fundamentalist madrassas (islamic schools) throughout the Arab world and even in the Western (U.S., U.K., and Europe) world. That is what makes them so dangerous, religious fanaticism at it's worst.
They also realize. as made clear by Yasser Arafat a generation ago, that they have no chance of succeeding by conventional means (a stand-up fight between armies) so they have embraced and married themselves to terrorism and the internet. For them, this is about world conquest.

Posted by: tej_kohli ()
Date: December 08, 2006 09:05PM

Hi, I'm Tej Kohli and I want to share with you my thoughts...
Unfortunatelly, religious fanatics exist. The religion in this case becomes a way of spreading the denaturated ideas wich are so well camouflaged under religion's face.

Radical fundamentalist Muslimsj, like Osama bin Laden, want / intend to sweep away all other sects (and their respective govts) and replace them with their fundamentalist faith. This is why they speak of Jihad, they refer to the days after Mohammed, the Prophet, came to power and swept thru what are now the existing Arab countries (along with Lebanon, Turkey, and Israel), north Africa, southern Spain, Serbia / Bosnia, and the eastern Caucasus mountains north of Afghanistan with the "philosophy" of "Convert or Die".

Here you are right, sametanner, it's their only way to have new addepts: "Who's not with us is against us" , that's their ultimate philosophy.
Hopefully somehow they will be defeated in this action!
Best regards,
Tej Kohli

Posted by: Jack Oskar Larm ()
Date: January 20, 2007 01:32PM

It seems every belief (religion/cult) thinks it has supreme knowledge. Like a drunk in a bar wanting to fight every voyeur, every dispute...just put another drink on the tab! :evil:

Date: January 22, 2007 04:27AM

But, more seriously, I think 'terrorist groups' have been in our societites for a long, long time. On some level, they could be compared to 'street gangs' but on a much larger scale. The disadvantaged groups within our societies sometimes use the voice of violence to fulfill their demands (of course, this is not exclusive to [i:dc117f55d5]disadvantaged[/i:dc117f55d5] groups).

It's a tricky situation having to deal with 'terrorist groups' when you can't deal with the violence in your own backyard.

Posted by: rachel1965 ()
Date: February 07, 2007 11:55AM

Here's the crux of the problem: how do you argue with someone who is vehement that God has told him to eradicate all those who don't believe a certain faith?

The vast (at least I hope it's vast..) majority of us really aren't so concerned with the religion of others as long as our own views and practices are not denied.

The problem really isn't so much thinking that "our way" is correct; the problem is created when we insist that others follow our path. It's the ultimate in arrogancy.

Date: February 08, 2007 08:57AM

rachel1965
Here's the crux of the problem: how do you argue with someone who is vehement that God has told him to eradicate all those who don't believe a certain faith?

That's been a dilemma for such a long time. I would think that the usual solution is to diagnose the disorder (multiple personality, schizophrenia, etc - I'm not a psychiatrist) and then administer the appropriate treatment, which usually involves drugs. :cry:

The vast (at least I hope it's vast..) majority of us really aren't so concerned with the religion of others as long as our own views and practices are not denied.

I agree. The problem stems, as you say, from our arrogance and our intoxication to power. It is a grave human failing that to justify our fantasies we have to convince others to participate. Kind of goes against the basic tenets of most religions. :?

The problem really isn't so much thinking that "our way" is correct; the problem is created when we insist that others follow our path. It's the ultimate in arrogancy.

I think part of the problem stems from our arrogance to think 'our way' is the best and only way to achieve 'enlightenment'. Heavy-handed recruitment is a BIG concern, but, really, most of us think we know best! :shock:

Posted by: professays ()
Date: February 08, 2007 05:04PM

I wonder whether there are non-mouslim extremist group with the same ambitions?

Posted by: JanieBeast ()
Date: February 09, 2007 06:31AM

All you need do is talk to a muslim from the affected areas (Lebanon, Palestine, Syria, Iraq, etc.) If you ask [b:65d105e3fb]very direct and to the point[/b:65d105e3fb] questions, you'll learn just what I did. They consider us their enemy. They are very clear on this point. They come here seeking political refuge in droves to such an extent that we have to hold a lottery for admittance, yet they want to kill us. Mind you, I've asked Middle Easterners - Do you have an American Embassy in your country? They say, yes! Of course we do! I ask - is it open and staffed? Well, no.... so you really have to be to the finest detail in questioning them.

I am shocked at the recent speech given by a sheik and the Democratic National Convention. The sheik prayed openly for an end to the war, as do many Americans. However, he went further to say in his prayer that we are an oppressive and occupying nation. Nobody has objected to this? We are we not only paving their way to our front doors, we're allowing them to verbally slander our nation before our own political venues. That's a good sign of scary cult like behavior to me. By the way, that sheik is also from my area. Joy.

Posted by: rachel1965 ()
Date: February 12, 2007 09:36AM

JanieBeast
I am shocked at the recent speech given by a sheik and the Democratic National Convention. The sheik prayed openly for an end to the war, as do many Americans. However, he went further to say in his prayer that we are an oppressive and occupying nation.

Such a hypocrisy. If we're so oppressive, why on earth would anyone want to move here?

I'll bet if you also pressed someone who is accused of a crime -- where he'd want to be on trial, a western country or a Middle Eastern country -- the answer would unequivocally be the US, Canada, Australia, Great Britain, or any other western country.

For instance, when was the last time anyone in the US was ever on criminal trial for adultery? In a Middle Eastern country, one can not only be on trial but can and will be stoned to death. How many men have been set free in Muslim countries after they killed their wives for the [i:5c9af10271]heinous[/i:5c9af10271] crime of not having supper ready on time?

I'll take the oppressive ole US any day.

Pages: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.