Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Derek Gale - Loughton,Essex, England
Posted by: Lordship ()
Date: September 12, 2006 02:03AM

Cult Education Forum FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Register
Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in

Home Database Cult News Search Getting Help Mind Control Contact About What's New Headlines Links Books Help RRI Books

Disclaimer | Forum Rules

Psychotherapy cults

Cult Education Forum Index -> Celebrities associated with "cult-like" groups
View previous topic :: View next topic
Lordship

Posted: 07-17-2006 01:49 PM Post subject: Psychotherapy cults

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While everybody is focusing on 'New Religous' cults the psychotherapy cults are slipping us by.

Here in the UK we are doing all we can to bring a charlaten therapist by the name of Derek Gale to justice.

He has been operating for over 20years with his crackpot combination of psychobabble, 'voice therapy' and a bastardisation of Psychodrama.

Derek Gale has caused untold financial and psychological damage to his 'family' that centres on the Gale Centre in Loughton, Essex, UK.

If anyone has similar experience or knows anything of this charalten please get in touch.

jendavis

Posted: 09-05-2006 08:46 PM Post subject: Chuck Hawkins, psychotherapist - mind control cult in Hawaii

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From the years 1976 through 1983, I was the victim of a criminally destructive mind control cult - the Chuck Hawkins cult. This cult started out in Honolulu, later fled and lived on a coffee farm on the Kona Coast of the Big Island , and yet later fled to San Francisco .

Chuck Hawkins was a psychotherapist.

My child was removed from me from birth through six years of age at which time I made my escape and rescued her.

Child molestation occurred on a daily basis.

One child, Andrea Altiery, was the daughter of then Hawaii state senator Mason Altiery (Altieri). Mason left his two preteen girls in the care of this cult and the guru, Chuck Hawkins, who sexually molested these two girls for years. Andrea later became a prostitute and eventually fell victim to serial killer Robert Hansen of Anchorage , Alaska .

The Hawaii Observer published an article dated 1.27.77 titled: "Psychological Warfare: Regulating The Therapist" in which Chuck Hawkins (Dr. Charles Hawkins) was interviewed. I have a copy of this article if you are interested. In this article, Chuck Hawkins discusses an investigation of him by the Hawaii licensing board which regulates psychotherapists on charges of psychological abuse of cult members, encouraging members to take LSD, and abusing the role of the psychotherapist.

In the fall of 1979, a very angry ex-cult member exposed the atrocious goings-on - behavior defying the imagination and the law - to the press in Honolulu and perhaps in Kona . One morning, the cult woke up to find news helicopters flying low over the coffee farm where they lived - a scene straight out of "Apocalypse Now." It was at this time that the cult fled en masse to San Francisco .

The story of this horrific mind control cult is told on my web site at www.missmanagement.com.

jerry.smith

Posted: 09-06-2006 03:34 PM Post subject: Derek Gale, psychotherapy Cult, Loughton

We have a Son who is very much involved with Derek Gale and his family.
He has even married one of Gale's assistants. Unfortunely we are so far away we are unable to persuade them to to leave,
Our Son has totally banished his true Family for reasons we can't believe or even understand.

derek.gale

Posted: 09-08-2006 08:38 AM Post subject: Derek Gale's response

I am Derek Gale and am not posting under the protection of anonymity
because I have nothing to hide.
Lordship's post is complete rubbish. I have devoted my life to helping
people and the vast majority of people I have helped have been satisfied.

Lordship's post in my opinion contravenes this site's rules on flames,
but Rick Ross refuses to delete his or her post.

I am therefore openly posting my rebuttal of all he says and invite
anyone who is interested in my work to go to my website
www.galecentre.co.uk

I also invite anyone who thinks they have been harmed by me in any way
to email me directly.

PLEASE NOTE I WILL ONLY REPLY TO SIGNED EMAILS FROM GENUINE ADDRESSES.

Signed
derek gale

Last edited by derek.gale on 09-11-2006 03:04 AM; edited 1 time in total

Lordship

Posted: 09-08-2006 10:10 AM Post subject: Mr Gale please take this opportunity to explain yourself

Dear Mr Gale,

As you are very aware you will be given ample opportunity to rebut any claims made by your former clients and the families of current clients as you are currently suspended from your ethical regulatory body, the UKAHPP, and a hearing is pending with regards to your suitablity to practice.

You are also aware that the Health Professions Council is investigating your practice and that you will very soon be given a very public forum from which to state your case in open court.

The Charity Commission is also giving you plenty of opportunity to explain your failure to file accounts concerning the soliciting of contributions from members of your cult family, sorry, 'clients'.

I am also not hiding Mr Gale. You know that evidence provided to me by yourself and your colleagues forms part of the complaint from the UKAHPP.

But as you have chosen this public forum to discuss your practice please take time to explain:

Why do you openly refer to your psychotherapy clients as your Family?

Why do you take frequent holidays with your clients?

Why do your clients have to justify themselves to you and your Family when they wish to finish or reduce therapy through what has been defined by professional interogators as nothing less than a psychological inquisition?

Why do you sexually abuse female clients with threats and intimidation?

We look forward to your answers?

Lordship

Posted: 09-08-2006 11:00 AM Post subject: PS

PS.

Sorry Derek I forgot to add that it is duly noted that you encouraged any complainants to contact you directly and not follow the procedures laid down by your regulatory bodies with regards to complaints procedures.

Sure that was an oversight and you meant to say "If anyone feels they have been harmed by me they should contact my
ethical regulatory body which is:"

United Kingdom Association of Humanistic Psychology Practiitioners.

They can be contacted at: www.ahpp.org

The complaints co-ordinator for Derek Gale's case is Ms Bee Springwood

Those concerned should note that Derek Gale also calls himself Hirsh D. Gale when it suits him.

Oh yes and one other thing while I am on and you seem to be in a communicative mood; Why did Infosekta, the Swiss cult information and monitoring service intervene to prevent you running workshops in Switzerland in February 2006?

Lordship

Posted: 09-11-2006 09:22 AM Post subject: UPDATE

UPDATE*****UPDATE*******UPDATE

I have now updated my membership to allow e mails to be sent to me directly. Anyone that wishes to discuss Mr Gale in private can now do so.

We would particularly like to hear from any families that have had difficulties with Mr Gale or any former clients.

As a member of UKAHPP Mr Gale is obligated to abide by their code of ethics and consumer responsibilities as laid out here: [www.ahpp.org]

If you are a current client of Mr Gale you may want to ask yourself the following questions;

How long have I been in therapy with Derek?

How much longer do I expect to be in therapy with Derek?

When will my therapy come to an end?

Have the issues I initially came to Derek with been resolved or have they just manifested into ever deeper and more complex problems?

Did I realise I had these deep seated problems before Derek helped me to discover them?

Do I feel that I am as mad as Derek and the group say I am?

Do I often feel depressed about being around Derek and the group?

Why are positive experiences outside of therapy and the group often turned into negatives, particularly when they involve my family?

Why does Derek encourage divorce and the breaking up of families instead of reconciliation, particularly where there are children involved? Why (in direct contravention of his ethical obligations) does Derek recommend Sheila Rose to be your divorce lawyer?

What happens to people that leave the group?

Why are so many people in therapy with Derek for so long?

Why don't many people progress with Derek beyond the need for therapy?

Why wont the group allow me to get a second opinion from an independent councellor and why do they say doctors are crap and discourage relationships with GPs?

Why do members of the group (that are supposed to be my friends) always support a view that keeps me in therapy?

Why do I feel that I would have to go through hell from the group if I wanted to stop my therapy with Derek?

Does Derek really know me better than I know myself?

Why do I feel that I have to constantly impress Derek and meet his approval?

Over the years how much money have I paid Derek (and People Unlimited) for sessions, workshops, psychodramas, social events, presents, charity contributions, holidays, food kittys, my labour for working on the centre...etc etc......?

How much more money will I have to pay out before my therapy is completed?

If just by asking this question I feel like I am being negative and obsessed with money, who benefits from those feelings? Who rounds off his group sessions with; "Now pay up and f***K off "?

Why did the group continue to pay Derek for sessions even when he was ill and didn't attend them? Was this fair and reasonable?[/color][/color]

YOU HAVE A RIGHT TO LEAVE THERAPY WITHOUT HAVING TO JUSTIFY YOURSELF TO DEREK OR THE GROUP!!

YOU PAY DEREK FOR A SERVICE AND YOU MAY FINISH WITH THAT SERVICE ANY TIME YOU WANT!

IF YOU FEEL YOU NEED TO GET AWAY - JUST DO IT!!

YOU MAY BE SUPRISED HOW GOOD YOU FEEL ABOUT IT!!

Be strong

Abigail / Lordship

Display posts from previous: All Posts1 Day7 Days2 Weeks1 Month3 Months6 Months1 Year Oldest FirstNewest First

Cult Education Forum Index -> Celebrities associated with "cult-like" groups All times are GMT - 7 Hours

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: Select a forum Discussion Topics----------------"Cults," Sects, and "New Religious Movements"Destructive ChurchesMulti Level Marketing and Commercial SchemesLarge Group Awareness Training, "Human Potential" SeminarsFormer Cult Members and Affected FamiliesCelebrities associated with "cult-like" groupsRecovery from Destructive Cults and GroupsAbusive and Controlling RelationshipsClergy and Therapy AbuseTerrorist and Extremist GroupsCoercive Persuasion and Undue InfluenceHate Groups