Current Page: 85 of 117
Re: Jack Hickman
Posted by: Sallie ()
Date: July 21, 2011 12:01AM

Ex follower you posted that Parsifal is a WHOLLY OWNED SUBSIDIARY of Shoresh

Exfollower how could/would you know that if you're not a member?

Exfollower how could you even know what a ''wholly owned subsidiary '' is unless you have business savvy?

======================================================================================================================================================

From Rick Ross archives..caps are mine

Ten warning signs of a potentially UNSAFE GROUP/leader.

1. Absolute authoritarianism without meaningful accountability.

2. NO TOLERANCE FOR questions or CRITICAL INQUIRY.

3. NO MEANINGFUL FINANCIAL DISCLOSURE regarding budget, expenses such as an independently audited financial statement.

4. Unreasonable fear about the outside world, such as impending catastrophe, evil conspiracies and persecutions.

5. There is no legitimate reason to leave, former followers are always wrong in leaving, negative or even evil.

6. Former members often relate the same stories of abuse and reflect a similar pattern of grievances.

7. There are records, books, news articles, or television programs that document the abuses of the group/leader.

8. Followers feel they can never be "good enough".

9. The group/leader is always right.

10. The group/leader is the exclusive means of knowing "truth" or receiving validation, no other process of
discovery is really acceptable or credible.

While I'm certain that all ten fit the leaders of Shoresh Yashi ..I capped the ones that pertain to this discussion.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: resu ()
Date: July 21, 2011 11:26PM

Sallie
Ex follower you posted that Parsifal is a WHOLLY OWNED SUBSIDIARY of Shoresh

Exfollower how could/would you know that if you're not a member?

Exfollower how could you even know what a ''wholly owned subsidiary '' is unless you have business savvy?

I think you focus too much on the term "wholly owned subsidiary". I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that exfollower was just trying to use a big word for "Owned and operated by cult members". Which is true, allong with the assertion that they hire the cult youth in order to maintain their exclusive community.

NERT is another example of this. Also look into the "Ripple Effect Project". It's very small and still in it's infancy, but REP is another example of an upstart Non-Profit, run by cult members.

Date: July 21, 2011 11:38PM

I have not visitedthis page in quite some time, so I appologise if this has been answered already, Richie is a State Licensed social worker in Hallowell, Maine. (It makes me ill, and I can't count the number of times I have wished I had the money to take out a full page ad in the news paper asking people if they knew who they were actually getting counseling from.)

They do still have their own private schools. The one I know of is the Tree of Life Learning school in Corrinna, Maine. It's run and advised by cult members. Most of the curriculum is geared towards, or the children are asked, how they can apply what they've learned towards their skewed version of the Jewish faith.

Date: July 22, 2011 12:55AM

The definition of WHOLLY OWNED SUBSIDIARY
is this ..... a wholly-owned subsidiary is a company whose stock is entirely owned by another company. The owner of a wholly-owned subsidiary is known as the parent company or holding company. Because the parent company owns all of the stock of the wholly-owned subsidiary, the parent company can control all of its activities. Moreover, under GAAP, all of the financial transactions of a wholly-owned subsidiary are consolidated with those of the parent company. Thus, all of the activities of the wholly-owned subsidiary are part and parcel of the parent company for both operating and reporting purposes. Why, then, does a company establish a wholly-owned subsidiary? A wholly-owned subsidiary is a separate entity for legal purposes. Thus the laws of the state or country in which the wholly-owned subsidiary is incorporated apply to the subsidiary, but not the parent company.
======================================================================

Being a WHOLLY OWNED SUBSIDIARY is COMPLETELY DIFFERENT than being a company which is ''owned and operated'' by a group.

You see...it is one thing to be ''OWNED AND OPERATED'' by someone.
It is COMPLETELY ANOTHER ANIMAL if you are a ''WHOLLY OWNED SUBSIDIARY''.
===========================================================================

I don't want to be diverted. I just want to know. Flat out. Which is it? Are they ''OWNED and OPERATED'' by group members OR.... are they a ''WHOLLY OWNED SUBSIDIARY''.....

If they are ''owned and operated'' by members of this group then....oh well...it's a free country.

But if they are a ''wholly owned subsidiary'' then some legal and financial laws would apply which...
I think this deserves attention/focus...

Date: July 22, 2011 01:34AM

exfollower
Name: Kahal Kaddsh Shoresh Yishai Holy Congreation of the Root of Jesse
N Massapequa, NY 11758

[nccsdataweb.urban.org]
==========================================================================

This is an actual company?
What kind of company? Are they calling themselves a church or something? A healing group? A charity?
How could they complain about being ''in the red''....how is that possible? Is their some sort of ''overhead'' or ''expense''....??
What kind of expense could be involved in operating a ''P.O. Box''???
They have a 1099 or something??
Then legally this ''company'' has control over the stocks of Parsifal?

What about NERT? How would anyone know if they ever actually helped a hurricane victim? I'm sure they're accountable to someone....???

Date: July 22, 2011 01:41AM

exfollower
Name: Kahal Kaddsh Shoresh Yishai Holy Congreation of the Root of Jesse
N Massapequa, NY 11758

[nccsdataweb.urban.org]

I don't believe they are operating under this name anymore, as of this year. Members have been asked to write checks out to "Unifying Meditation Institute"

[nccsdataweb.urban.org]

$400k in assets. I guess they're doing well.

Date: July 22, 2011 02:03AM

Sallie
I don't want to be diverted. I just want to know. Flat out. Which is it? Are they ''OWNED and OPERATED'' by group members OR.... are they a ''WHOLLY OWNED SUBSIDIARY''.....

If they are ''owned and operated'' by members of this group then....oh well...it's a free country.

But if they are a ''wholly owned subsidiary'' then some legal and financial laws would apply which...
I think this deserves attention/focus...

I don't mean to divert, and you have a good point, but I think you're missing a bigger point in line with "abusive and controlling" aspect of this business.

The youth of this cult are brought up in a small community of these members, they are friends with eachother growing up, they date eachother, they become college roomates, and where members own these non profits and other profitable businesses, they become job contacts. It's all they know, so to leave the group would be to risk losing your job! Imagine going to Gary, the leader of your cult, who also happens to be the guy who signs your paychecks, and telling him you want out of the doomsday crap, cause it's full of bull? Do you think you'd have a job next week? Are you going to report him for improperly firing you? You'd have to say why you think that. Are you prepared to publically acknowledge that you were in a cult? How embarrassing.

Date: July 22, 2011 03:26AM

Resu,
You were not diverting me. I simply was trying to explain why I was ''obsessing'' on the one phrase. I know absolutely nothing whatsoever...zero..about business. It's my own personal learning style...
Anyway yeh...my God...I can't imagine having such strong financial ties. I posted that earlier. To be financially dependent on a Gary Coons? What a strangle hold the leaders have on these youth. Sad. It reminds me of these women in the Mormon communities where the only options for their future are polygomy or poverty.
Very sad.
Especially in this economy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/22/2011 03:27AM by Sallie.

Posted by: exfollower ()
Date: July 22, 2011 03:54AM

resu
I have not visitedthis page in quite some time, so I appologise if this has been answered already, Richie is a State Licensed social worker in Hallowell, Maine. (It makes me ill, and I can't count the number of times I have wished I had the money to take out a full page ad in the news paper asking people if they knew who they were actually getting counseling from.)

resu - if you can look into the possibility of doing this, and what it would cost, i can find people who will pay for it!

there is also the ramu 'clinic'... 2 different ads or 1 ?

i am serious.

Posted by: pequagirl ()
Date: July 22, 2011 04:07AM

Any chance the Ripple Effect Project is really just a group of good people, Alice Sammon and what seems to be many of her family members, that just want to help Sub-Saharan Africans and also happen to be part of a cult? Just wonder who the bad guys are and who the followers are?

Current Page: 85 of 117

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.