Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Richard D. Eutsler
Posted by: Oerlikon ()
Date: February 18, 2009 08:00AM

Has anybody ever heard anything about a Richard D. EUTSLER, his group, called The Fishermen Ministry, or the place where the group lives, called Grace Ranch, which is in TX?

Does anybody here know anything at all about this group?

[www.thefishermenministry.org]

[www.grace-ranch.com]

[www.fishermen-net.org]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Richard D. Eutsler
Posted by: vagabond ()
Date: April 25, 2009 11:47PM

I actually have been involved with this one, before we had a falling out. They have several doctrinal issues. Pre-Adamic race (people created before adam and eve). Richard Eutsler is considered to basically be an "apostle" over the church of Philadelphia which they believe they are, as described in revelation.

Only the people closest to Richard Eutsler are told of these next few:

He (Richard D. Eutsler), has said something to the effect that spirits of the pre-adamic race are somehow reincarnated in the people of today..

There is more I just can't remember it.. Needless to say I left the Fishermen Ministries shortly after I found this out.

Posted by: deserthawk ()
Date: November 24, 2009 12:35AM

I've done work for them they are very nice people, I have much respect for them.
At first when I heard about them I was wondering because of stories I was hearing in town. Then I got to meet them.
What I have found out that anyone that bad mouthed them was people that were there just wanting a hand out, they wanted the group to give them everything and not do anything in return. And were just using them.
I have seen them give people travel trailers, and camp buses, help them build cabins.
The group also invites anyone to come out and stay with no string attached for free.

Date: November 24, 2009 05:57AM

Most of them are very nice down to earth people. However that doesn't excuse the doctrinal issues. At the time I was at Grace Ranch they had people bad mouthing them as well. Its true that they are very generous people.

I don't know who you are, and I warn you to question all doctrine; if it doesn't line up with the Bible its complete garbage. So I advise you to look closer.

Believe the Bible, follow God not man.

Date: November 24, 2009 09:59AM

deserthawk:

How did you originally meet Eutsler?

In what capacity did you work for them?

When you mentioned having worked for them, does that mean you were there as a teacher, student, or a member of the ministry?

What were the population levels like; how many members did they have when you were involved? Of these members, about how many lived at Grace Ranch itself?

Did you ever see any evidence of child abuse of any kind?

What, in general, are your thoughts on Eustler's program?

Posted by: Sparky ()
Date: November 24, 2009 12:27PM

Oerlikon,

I hope deserthawk responds to you, but from reading his posting (just above yours) I would think he/she would be an apologist for the group and not bring any of the more delicate info you requested to bear.

I think you asked very good info, but I am skeptical ('sceptical' to our British and Aussie, et al brethren) that deserthawk will continue responding here beyond 10 or so messages since you have asked such pointed and serious questions which we all want to hear answered.

Date: November 24, 2009 07:33PM

Sparky
Oerlikon,

I hope deserthawk responds to you, but from reading his posting (just above yours) I would think he/she would be an apologist for the group and not bring any of the more delicate info you requested to bear.

Agreed. My gut tells me that this person is either an apologist or some kind of troll.

I have heard some very serious complaints about Eutsler.

These complaints including his taking young girls as child "brides" (or "handmaidens") and other abuses against children.

Also I have been told of paramilitary/militia activity organized by members of the "ministry," the stockpiling of weapons and such.

If anybody has substantial information about this group and is willing to come forward anonymously, then I'd be grateful.

Time will tell about deserthawk...

Date: November 24, 2009 07:33PM

I originally met Richard in 2004, at the time I was working at the rest areas by El Paso and ended up hiring a couple of people that lived at the ranch.

I have worked doing repairs to existing buildings, building a few new projects but mainly maintenance.

From what I have seen, the largest number of people at the ranch at any time has been around 10 to 20 that I have seen. Never seen any type of abuse and have people that I correspond with regularly they have kids and they have said nothing of abuse and they lived there for a few years.

I know that they have a few more web sites also:
International outreach of the Fisherman ministry in africa
South Caralina

If you really want to see what is taught they have many video sermons on line at there you tube site thats what i watch of there teachings and when I have a question and ask richard I always get a through concise answer.

I have liked everyone that I have met at the ranch. They are very friendly and thoughtful people.

Date: November 24, 2009 07:40PM

Why dont you just go out there and find out. They say everyone is welcome. they even offer free camping at the ranch to anyone.

Date: November 24, 2009 09:52PM

I was in the fishermen ministry for a couple years, I stayed at grace ranch for 6 months or so and I have known the Eutslers for about 6-8 years. I posted a post yesterday but it didn't show up.

I haven't been involved with them for about 3 years. That was the last time I was at grace ranch. As far as I know there is no child bride stuff going on, seeing as there was only two children out there when I was there and the family they were with left the ministry shortly after I did. Their parents never told me of anything nor was there any sign of abuse by Eutsler.

Likewise when I was out there they had livestock, at the time wolves were running loose in the desert around there and we were constantly trying to keep them from eating the chickens and such. So I used to keep a shotgun, and most of the other men out there did as well, however I never considered this militia activity. But I haven't been out there for several years. At that time they were not stockpiling weapons to my knowledge. Things might have changed.

When I was out there, there wasn't more than 10 - 15 people at any given time on the ranch, most of the time less. Almost all of these people are adults. Like I said before there was only one family with children. There probably isn't more than 20-25 people in the "Fishermen Ministries" at any given time.

I don't think Eutsler had a "program" when I was there. Mostly you work on the ranch, they feed you; if you wanted to have a Bible study you organized it yourself. If you had a question you ask Eutsler. They are generally nice people, most don't know about the heretical doctrine that is at the heart of the ministry.

Anyway, I am email subscribed to this thread so ask and I will try to answer.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.