Current Page: 5 of 19
Re: Samael Aun Weor ("gnostic" cult)
Posted by: Keir ()
Date: August 10, 2008 10:52PM

Hopeful
Hello,

You were asking if anyone had any biographical information on Mark Pritchard; I do have some as I belonged to the same Gnostic movement as him in the UK and met him on a couple of occasions.

The movement was 'The Universal Chistian Gnostic Movement (New Order) i.e. the movement founded and run by 'VM Rabolu'. The movement was still fairly young in the UK when I joined in 1994 so I think it extremely unlikely that Mark Pritchard had any direct contact with Samael Aun Weor as he died before Gnosis came to the UK.

At that time it was common for people with a certain amount of time in the movement and knowledge of the teachings to move to another city and set up a centre to propogate the teachings. I believe Mark and his wife were involved in this and also spent some time abroad (maybe in Gibraltar, but I don't remember clearly).

In 1997 the movement in the UK was reorganised; apparently it should not have spread so rapidly with a few people teaching in various cities but not many members in any one place. Many centres were closed and instructors were brought in from Spain to retrain all the UK instructors (who had to pass a course). During this process there were only three functionning UK centres: Bristol, London and Edinburgh. Mark and his wife returned and became affiliated with the Edinburgh centre.

It was just after phase that I met Mark Pritchard. The centre in Birmingham had reopened and many members had gathered for a meeting / mediatation and fogueo (this was a system of learning the teachings whereby a topic was researched by reading course material and personal reflection, the student would then be questionned by other group members to test their understanding). During the session Mark did a fogueo which resulted in various 'corrections' of his understanding, many of us who had not met him before found his style and logic hard to follow but other than that he seemed inconspicuous.

Shortly after this he and his wife (whom I never met) moved to Australia and began to spread the teachings there (so I assume he must have passed the instructors' course). Several months later a communication from VM Rabolu in Columbia arrived at all gnostic centres; he and his wife had been permanently expelled from the Order due to Fanatacism and Mythomania (i.e. having delusions of grandeur and making false spiritual claims). This was displayed on the notice board of all centres. Subsequent to this, as we know, he went on to found Mystic Web.

In this post I have tried to be as objective as possible and to present the bare facts as I know / experienced them. I am familiar with the Mystic Web site and on the whole it is very true to the teachings of the New Order (on which I shall pass no judgement in this posting). However, it is not the case that VM Rabolu named Mark Pritchard as his successor (he died leaving no disciple and soon after the movement in the UK collapsed), in fact he was condemmed by him. Also, his claim to be Beelzebub which he backs using some literature of Samael Aun Weor does not stand up to scutiny. He has edited the document detailing Beelzebub's regeneration; Samael Aun Weor said Beelzebub was incarnated in female form in Holland - this can be verified through his books which are available on line.

Thank you for reading this post. I'd be happy to answer any questions arising from it.
I dont know who "You" are refering too????
It certainly wasnt me asking about anything regarding Mark Pritchard or VM Rabolu or Beelzebub.

I do know there has been alot of verbal wars between the various Aun Weor splinter groups. Each accusing one another of being illegit or heresy ....etc.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: loger1 ()
Date: November 11, 2008 01:42AM

Would like to have some info on rituals and meetings of these groups.
Is there any one that could provide me with this info.

Posted by: Hopeful ()
Date: November 11, 2008 03:22AM

Hello loger1,

I think the best way would be to contact members (past or present), but as there is a lot of secrecy surrounding rituals I don't know how forth coming people would be. An internet search might also come up with something.

Posted by: notanantiGnostic ()
Date: November 11, 2008 03:56AM

Hi loger1,

I do know a great degree about the Gnostic Movement lead by Mark Pritchard as I just escaped the movement. However i am not sure what to describe as a ritual as the "teachings" involve every aspect of ones life.

Their main focus seems to be working on your self in the dream state and the day time state. They believe in what the call three keys, 1. working on the Egos (certain defects such as anger or lust) 2. Alchemy (which is basically tantra) 3. Helping others spiritually. The only way to help others spiritually is through the organization, according to the teachings.

The rituals essentially are being "aware" as you can all the time, meditation, attempts to have conscious out of body experiences and sexual alchemy with a partner. And of course learning more of the teachings of masters. A great degree of control is encouraged in regards to what students read, watch or listen to.

I wanted to thank everyone who has posted here because it has really helped me in my recovery process after leaving the movement.

Also I thought everyone should know that you will not likely much about them and their practices because the people who volunteer their times spend most of it eliminating messages that might compete with or copy what is said by their "master". Through legal means as well as computer skills anything that might make them look bad is eliminated. I know this from talking to them that a significant amount of time is spent on this.

I was only able to get the final book because I was signed up for the third course, which you need to take two other course to take. Let me tell you this is a very scary group. Not violent but scary. After reading it I realized it fit most definitions of being a cult.

Mark Pritchard promotes the idea that there is only one devine master, he is it and to reject him you will never awaken spiritually.

They fit almost every definition of a cult.

Date: November 18, 2008 05:00AM

I wonder now what means are legal and beyond procecution to spread the news about how manipulative this organization is, as they seem to be very keen to quiet those that don't conform.

I predict that as a result of the power of their organization The Gnostic Movement will be a much larger organization in a few years. I think the other Samaelite groups are pretty well lame ducks, in the English speaking world anyways.

They are already all over Australia, in three Canadian Cities, two american cities, in Greece, Cyprus and London England. They have plans to expand as much as possible.

My question now is in regards to the safe, untouchable ways to speak out against what they are doing. Now that I am starting to get a level head in regards to my experience this is where my thoughts are leading.

Date: November 18, 2008 10:44AM

Thank you for this info..what seems to trouble me is that my girlfriend mentioned that I could not go to any of their meetings until I have passed the third level.. ummmmmm...
This is a branch of Samael Aun Weor group in Montreal..
Any more info on what they do at these meetings or masses.

Date: November 19, 2008 08:06AM

Is it the Gnostic movement Centre there? It is a rather large and active centre from what i have heard.

The most useful thing for you to know is that they start people of with meditation or a dreams course or a course called self discovery to work on yourself. They present themselves as a group that is open to all world spiritualities and not until much later to they let you know that they believe there master (Mark Pritchard) is the only devine master to follow and all other paths are created or promoted by negative beings (people who chose the dark path).

The scary thing is that they don't even think that they have believes. They think that their master is so wonderful that he is guiding them on the path. The use the word varify a lot, as if they have varified what he has taught them in their daily lives or in the "astral" (dream state) when it is obvious that they have biased themselves on what they are going to see.

Mostly what they do is mediate (poorly) and attempt to astral project. Also of course pumping people full of ideas. Egos and negative beings are everywhere and out to get you. Fun is a distraction from life, the purpose of which is to learn about pain and suffering.

This is not Gnosticism at all just a perversion of catholicism. Everyone of the "masters" was raised a catholic.

Let me know if you have any specific questions.

Has your girlfriend already taken the courses?

Date: November 24, 2008 10:21AM

yes there are alot of old Catholics in this Aun Weir organization...iT SEEMS TO BE VERY strong in Montreal and Vancouver.

Date: November 24, 2008 10:25AM

yes ..I think these courses are very interesting altough I dont no why the rituals are kept secret.?? Even to me she will not reveal these secrets

Posted by: Hopeful ()
Date: December 01, 2008 06:30AM

loger1
yes ..I think these courses are very interesting altough I dont no why the rituals are kept secret.?? Even to me she will not reveal these secrets

Hi Loger1,

It's part of the general control that the movement starts to exercise over its members. You feel priveleged to be party to 'secret' or 'esoteric' information, and also are made to believe that there will be karmic consequences if you do reveal anything to non-members. Actually, it's one step on the path towards allowing the movement more and more control over your life and relationships.

Current Page: 5 of 19

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.