How the heck can you "understand Sensei's heart"?? Be his "arms and legs"? "Chant to be Sensei's disciple", "Chant to fulfill Sensei's expectations of you"....
@bobze39, your experience is triumphant, indeed! So did the defamation hinge on the fact that your advisor was gay solely, were there other things they tried to dig up in vain to get to you? All those emails alone--yikes. So ridiculous.
Look at the instruction No.7. Did you notice that the instruction doesn't specify what to say about priests? Because it's enough to attract people's attention to them, to ask people to "watch out" for them. That's the real art of defamation! When people watch out for someone, they already look at this person with prejudice. They start misinterpreting his words, and they are afraid of him, so they start distancing themselves from this person. That's it! The goal is achieved. Because the real goal of defamation is to isolate someone socially. Then it will be difficult for this person to get a job, to maintain income, to survive.Quote
Yes, this is quite different than the memo sent out to the public, that Simplify posted. The language of the whole Kitano memo is very militaristic. The SGI leadership regarded the SGI/Nichiren Shoshu split as a war, and they consider it justifiable, even good, to do the following:
1. Perform surveillance on people who have joined, or who have expressed interest in, Nichiren Shoshu.
2. Phone people's homes, and listen for background noise.
3. Keep written lists of SGI members/former members who have joined, or expressed interest in Nichiren Shoshu.
4. Monitor priests' activities; confront and harass priests.
5. Members are to seek out information on Nichiren Shoshu priests and lay members, and report this information to their leaders.
6. Members are to pretend an interest in, and friendship for, Nichiren Shoshu members, with the goal of persuading these members to return to SGI.
7. Distribute priests' pictures and information about their whereabouts as if the priests are suspected criminals.
@The Anticult.....so in a way, too, this fusion, this One with Ikeda, means in essence that followers will lose their individual identities, and become mini-Ikedas? Is this also a end result desired by the Masters?
Whoa, holly....what you went through was nuts! How the heck can you "understand Sensei's heart"?? Be his "arms and legs"? "Chant to be Sensei's disciple", "Chant to fulfill Sensei's expectations of you"....Jeesh. All this for a man whom the majority have/will never have a one-on-one encounter with, let alone conversation, or personal "guidance".
If you're Herbie Hancock, or Wayne Shorter, or Orlando Bloom, well, different story, always.
Looking back, holly, what did you really think of "The Human/New Human Revolution", anyway? Why more members/leaders didn't pick up on the mass ego running through the pages, I dunno.