Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: March 30, 2019 11:08PM

You have an amazing recollection, Amos. I'm sure I have still buried many of my more bizarre memories...which is saying something since I have posted over 1600 comments here.
Anyway, I was going to post the lyrics to Bob Hope's 'Thanks for the Memory'--but feel it would be inappropriate. Plus there is a line about 'gay pajamas' that might take our discussion down a path that would be ill-advised.

Amos:
"I remember attending an after church party in Dallas Texas at an affiliated group where we from the Houston Church would visit now and then and having the cops called on us at 3 AM because it became a loud drunken celebration. If I recall, we weren’t ever invited back."

TLWF kicked ass in the binding the religious spirit category. Hey other groups-don't even think about attempting to out-drink the Sons of God!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: puddington ()
Date: March 31, 2019 12:17AM

Let’s not forget those wild parties at the LW building. At their inner bar lounge. APCO guys so drunk they could barely stand. And teenagers serving drinks to everyone. Wild.

Date: March 31, 2019 02:11AM

puddington Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Let’s not forget those wild parties at the LW
> building. At their inner bar lounge. APCO guys
> so drunk they could barely stand. And teenagers
> serving drinks to everyone. Wild.

And yet possibly due to the shield of religion, and smart PR moves through the years (backed by ample financial resources), it's questionable whether there will be any real world consequences for leaders fostering this environment.
There's certainly a link between the free flow of alcohol in TLWF, including to minors, and the sexual abuse that took place through the years. Oops--I meant to write "alleged" sexual abuse, since the results of Gary's independent investigation into the matter have yet to be released.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/31/2019 02:36AM by changedagain.

Date: March 31, 2019 05:20AM

Recurrent Sunday morning service blooper:
'The offering this morning is for the Alcoholic Company...uhh. Let me start over.'

Posted by: Ohman? ()
Date: March 31, 2019 07:09AM

Well you gotta admit, Jesus was a bit of an alcoholic. What can you expect?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/31/2019 07:34AM by Ohman?.

Date: March 31, 2019 08:18AM

Ohman? Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well you gotta admit, Jesus was a bit of an
> alcoholic. What can you expect?

Yeah, there were some that decided that was the only thing they wanted to imitate. "Hey, do you think Jesus drove out the money changers sober? Hell no. Now finish this bottle!"

Date: March 31, 2019 08:28AM

If I recall, there were a couple apostolic ministries who insisted that Jesus first miracle was turning water into Scotch Whisky :)

Date: March 31, 2019 08:34AM

Anyway, it's past 5 p.m. (PST). Time to have a drink or two...and have a wild evening watching something on Netflix.
Much Love,
ChangedAgain
(CA)

Posted by: Onion ()
Date: March 31, 2019 03:03PM

Lots of lovely action happening on the legal front in California.

Assembly Bill 218 would expand both the statute of limitations for victims of childhood sexual assault, from age 26 to age 40, and the period for delayed reasonable discovery, from three to five years. After enactment, the measure would also allow for a window of three years for the revival of past claims that might have expired due to the statute of limitations.

In cases where a child becomes a victim of sexual assault as the result of an effort to cover up past assaults, AB 218 will allow a court to award recovery of up to treble damages from the defendant who engaged in the cover-up.

Date: April 01, 2019 02:01PM

i would be happy and justified to admit to being a party of sexual assault from Herman Maxwell in 1975 but I
think it means nothing unfortunately
I can only hope that other women with similar experiences speak out

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.