Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: April 01, 2019 10:23PM

denisewallerlaughlin
i would be happy and justified to admit to being a party of sexual assault from Herman Maxwell in 1975 but I
think it means nothing unfortunately
I can only hope that other women with similar experiences speak out

denisewallerlaughlin,

That is sad news indeed. Power (especially absolute god-like power) does strange things to people. I'm sorry to hear of your abuse at the hands of Herman Maxwell.

During my final time period in TLWF, I began to assert that people are not god. God is God. Believe it or not, that was considered to be a very rebellious and risky thing to say anywhere except in my head.

I also hope to God (the much-maligned one in the sky) that recent victims come forward to show the the ongoing sexual and other abuse and systemic cover-up. It's time to take the ring of power and throw it in the fires of Mt. Doom. Sorry for the LOTR reference. It seemed to fit.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2019 10:43PM by Reepicheep.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: April 02, 2019 02:17AM

Reepicheep Wrote:

> During my final time period in TLWF, I began to
> assert that people are not god. God is God.
> Believe it or not, that was considered to be a
> very rebellious and risky thing to say anywhere
> except in my head.

Even to this day I find it difficult to admit that I never believed Marilyn was the Lamp of Israel. Sometimes I'll express my unbelief in a barely audible tone, and find myself looking around to see if there are any living word spies that might report me to her in the cloud of witnesses.

And now for this fun fact: Israel is the only country in the world in which an Ikea catalog was published without any women.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2019 02:18AM by changedagain.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: April 02, 2019 03:04AM

A short clip of an individual who always followed his inner voice. This often meant exerting the least amount of effort to enjoy life & completely ignoring any and all guilt-trips. Trust me, I sent many his way, to no effect.

[youtu.be]

Posted by: Richard M. ()
Date: April 02, 2019 03:06AM

A lot of sad stories here . . . My opinion, Marilyn never had any contact with anything out of or above this world . . . never . . .

Posted by: FCSLC ()
Date: April 02, 2019 03:50AM

Herman Maxwell inappropriately grabbed my future wife’s breast while inviting her to visit him and a little group he had started somewhere in the Midwest. She was seventeen or just turned eighteen (1974 - 1975) and Herman was maybe in his sixties? We did mention the episode to an overseeing ministry, but nothing ever came of it. My wife also mentioned it to Ann Maxwell who said Herman had early onset Alzheimer’s, but my wife says that Ann may have just been telling herself that since my wife’s encounter with Herman wasn’t the first incident according to Ann. My wife also says that the incident took place while they were alone which is suspicious since someone with Alzheimer’s would not distinguish public from private.

Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: April 02, 2019 04:44AM

Good to hear from you, FCSLC. You see what happens when we stop observing the unspoken gag order and talk to each other? I never knew this about Herman Maxwell, but not much about leaders from The Walk/TLWF surprises me anymore. The fact is that many people like you and your wife tried to speak up, but were given a bunch of BS.

Hi Richard M. I agree with your assessment.

Posted by: Prettyboy ()
Date: April 02, 2019 11:01AM

the forum folks, aka "the merries",
i hope y'all continue with your ribald, snarky and humorous posts in addition to all the informative, insightful and myriad historical accounts and perspectives. inch by inch, your contributions entreat listeners to become posters and new voices added to the old voices, more light now shining into what was once darkness and isolation. and for those of us "new voices" i wish to applaud the "old voices"; those that weighed in when there were but few. i needn't name them as it is vastly evident who they are. their inch by inch has now transformed to mile by mile. and for me, personally, decades removed from my own lw/shiloh experience, having been a recent listener and contributor on this forum, i cannot deny that my life has not been enriched by my being party to this party. but i was never truly "in the trenches" as many of the merries were. so thank you all, including the moderator, for your welcome to my presence here. i so hope that my comments have done more to enhance the cause than detract from it.
happy trails, prettyboy

Posted by: puddington ()
Date: April 02, 2019 11:28AM

Prettyboy. You just gotta know that somewhere out there in walk-land, in an old box in an attic or garage, is a copy of the Moonblood - Fraction album. Just waiting for you. May you find it. : )

Date: April 02, 2019 11:53AM

oh puddington,

you are going to love this as maybe all other forum readers should/will. it's a story about a record by fraction called "moonblood" and how that record, several months ago, provided my initial exposure to rick's forum; the good, bad and ugly of my multiple posts.

shall i continue? - i prefer 2 yahs but will accept one. be noted, this may rival robin hood and his merry ones regarding myth and legend.

Date: April 02, 2019 12:01PM

reepicheep,

i purposed a response to your private message to me sevaral days ago but am uncertain if you got it as i failed to see it appear. so i sent you another earlier tonight with my providing you with a different email address. hope you got those. thanks for your candor. we are family, we are kindred spirits. i am an agnostic in a sea of believers and yet i feel loved and do love back. truth requires no label.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.