Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: November 08, 2023 09:49PM

A question that was never asked back in day, lest the person asking lose their 'covering,' and possibly disappear from the face of the earth:

"Hey Mom and Dad, instead of being Christ in the flesh, could you two just be decent human beings--even for a day? I really think that would be more helpful.
Thanks in advance!"

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: TheJewel ()
Date: November 09, 2023 12:57AM

I wish those guys were a little more transparent with regard to outing some of the perpetrators in the events at the “ middle management” level. With regard to the last one, the interview with the girl from San Diego, it would have been interesting to know who all was involved. There is a lot of talk about Marylin, Gary, JRS, Rick, etc. but much lower than that, it becomes “My Shepard” etc. I would like to know how far down the corruption went.

I pulled the plug around 1981, right before JRS bought the farm. Much of this seems to have taken place after that.

Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: November 14, 2023 09:29AM

There's a new Oops! I'm In A Cult featuring former TLWF member and frequent contributor on this thread, Larry Bobo. Excellent, as always! Thank you, Scott and Charity!

[youtu.be]

Date: November 14, 2023 12:19PM

Larry has shouldered a lot of responsibility in helping people recover from the heartless organization that was TLWF. I'm glad he has been so vocal for so many years--both in this forum and on Factnet. Certainly a much needed voice in confronting false authority.

Date: November 16, 2023 05:58AM

October of 2022:

Posted by: changedagain
Date: October 25, 2022 10:29PM

Despite our prayers, John never returned. But Satan is back. John's victory over him was just temporary, I guess. Perhaps he will be brought down again by the death of a future Apostle...and this time it will be permanent. We can only hope.
#LookOnTheBrightSide
/s

Saw Enough wrote:
There was a period of time after JRS died where Gary claimed to have a revelation that Satan had been bound as a result of John's death and that if you really had perception you would be aware that the spirit of Satan was not present. These many years later, Satan has reappeared as an enemy, especially as the messages have conformed more to traditional Christian teachings.

Date: November 17, 2023 11:49PM

It boggles my mind how long these con artists were able to trick people (us) into believing that God was talking to them in a coherent manner. They were making it up as they went along. There was no "God's plan". It was a long con since the beginning. And at least one or a few are still gouging misguided people with good hearts. May the cons rot...

Date: November 18, 2023 02:12AM

Reepicheep Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It boggles my mind how long these con artists were
> able to trick people (us) into believing that God
> was talking to them in a coherent manner. They
> were making it up as they went along. There was no
> "God's plan". It was a long con since the
> beginning. And at least one or a few are still
> gouging misguided people with good hearts. May the
> cons rot...

Yes

Date: November 21, 2023 03:30AM

I just watched the new video interview of Johana Wozniak, who was born and raised in The Living Word Fellowship. This included spending her entire school career at Centers of Learning in North Hills, CA. What do you suppose happened when she needed help at the age of 17? Thank you, Scott Barker. Thank you Charity Navalesi. These interviews are helping so many of us to process our experiences.

[youtu.be]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/21/2023 03:31AM by Reepicheep.

Date: November 28, 2023 04:17AM

I haven't yet heard this entire sentence, but so far it is perfect. Taking a short lunch break, and then will resume listening:

"The first time I realized I was in a cult was when George W. Bush was running for president..."

I just watched the new video interview of Johana Wozniak, who was born and raised in The Living Word Fellowship. This included spending her entire school career at Centers of Learning in North Hills, CA. What do you suppose happened when she needed help at the age of 17? Thank you, Scott Barker. Thank you Charity Navalesi. These interviews are helping so many of us to process our experiences.

[youtu.be]

Date: November 29, 2023 10:52PM

Something I wrote three years ago on the FB discussion group. Yes, I still stand by this, 'bad spirit' and all:

One of the most insidious patterns within the Walk and TLWF was the tendency to blame the congregation for the "word" not being fulfilled. And then later, of course, placing the burden on those who had experienced abuse for decades, perpetrated and covered up by church leadership, to be forgiving and "move on." I would have an open ear to this repetitive theme if I witnessed any accountability being taken by the leaders of this movement...which went beyond some generic "sorry for what may have happened to you" statement. My emphasis will continue to be in support of those battered mercilessly by the "living word" and the lawless practices of leadership...giving them room to express themselves, even if it is done with traces of "bitterness" and "unforgiveness." The freedom to speak one's mind is the first and most important step toward healing. Hey, when I was in TLWF (77-98) and had encounters with authority figures who gave me the equivalent of a 'f*ck you' masked as a personal "word from God"....it never even dawned on me to confront them about their "bad spirit." I just assumed God was in another one of his ornery moods...you know, like John said: 'Will You Find God Acceptable?" It's the mindf*ck that always put the onus on those down the authority chain for any perceived problem. Marilyn may have been carrying on with Gary as John lay dying, but the people were eventually blamed for his death..not enough prayer, not enough love, not enough you name it. Yes, hypocrisy--big time.
p.s. It is a new day--people are speaking their mind, and not allowing themselves to be pressured into going down an acceptable, speedy TLWF-sanctioned route toward healing.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.