Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: December 28, 2020 12:43AM

A post by 'reveal' that captures the heartlessness of the organization that was TLWF:

Posted by: reveal
Date: September 01, 2018 09:52AM

Let's just assume for a moment that brainwashing doesn't exist. It doesn't change the fact that TLWF uses manipulation, coercion and emotional blackmail to convince members to accept things that under normal circumstances they would find totally unacceptable. They have created a culture of fear and intimidation, in which they threaten to ostracize those who question or disparage their decisions and mandates. Brainwashing or not, TLWF exercises extreme psychological abuse and control to manipulate members into bending to their will. They deceive good people who are either too naive or too afraid to question extremely questionable behavior by leadership.

Additionally, no organization truly representative of God would do any of the following:

1. Separate people from their biological families because said families have negative opinions about the church.

2. Encourage couples to divorce when one decides to leave the church and the other does not wish to.

3. Fire longtime loyal employees and pastors who dare question anything that Rick or Gary & Marilyn does, and then withhold severance pay unless they sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement. Clearly, they have much to hide.

4. Command submission of every decision in people's lives to include dating, marriage, having children, where to live, what job to take, to go to University or not, etc. and if people decide not to submit these things, to at a minimum withdraw affection and ostracize them from their church family, or disparage their character, make a pariah out of them, gossip about them and accuse them of *GASP*...an independent spirit. And these are only the least of what I've seen done.

5. Demand unquestioning allegiance to the leaders and place loyalty to them above any other relationship in your life or any sense of right and wrong.

6. Protect and keep in positions of authority a leader who has perpetrated multiple acts of sexual misconduct and harassment and abused church finances for his own personal enjoyment, and expect members to just accept it, while members themselves are held to a much higher standard.

I could go on..

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: December 28, 2020 12:57AM

So well said, Reveal. You knocked it out of the park. Thanks for re-posting, changed again.

"Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Date: December 27, 2020 10:43AM

A post by 'reveal' that captures the heartlessness of the organization that was TLWF:

Posted by: reveal
Date: September 01, 2018 09:52AM

Let's just assume for a moment that brainwashing doesn't exist. It doesn't change the fact that TLWF uses manipulation, coercion and emotional blackmail to convince members to accept things that under normal circumstances they would find totally unacceptable. They have created a culture of fear and intimidation, in which they threaten to ostracize those who question or disparage their decisions and mandates. Brainwashing or not, TLWF exercises extreme psychological abuse and control to manipulate members into bending to their will. They deceive good people who are either too naive or too afraid to question extremely questionable behavior by leadership.

Additionally, no organization truly representative of God would do any of the following:

1. Separate people from their biological families because said families have negative opinions about the church.

2. Encourage couples to divorce when one decides to leave the church and the other does not wish to.

3. Fire longtime loyal employees and pastors who dare question anything that Rick or Gary & Marilyn does, and then withhold severance pay unless they sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement. Clearly, they have much to hide.

4. Command submission of every decision in people's lives to include dating, marriage, having children, where to live, what job to take, to go to University or not, etc. and if people decide not to submit these things, to at a minimum withdraw affection and ostracize them from their church family, or disparage their character, make a pariah out of them, gossip about them and accuse them of *GASP*...an independent spirit. And these are only the least of what I've seen done.

5. Demand unquestioning allegiance to the leaders and place loyalty to them above any other relationship in your life or any sense of right and wrong.

6. Protect and keep in positions of authority a leader who has perpetrated multiple acts of sexual misconduct and harassment and abused church finances for his own personal enjoyment, and expect members to just accept it, while members themselves are held to a much higher standard.

I could go on.."

Once you see how crazy the level of control was, my hope for all of us is that we never submit to another human being to that extent ever again. The truth is that no one who loves us would ask this. Would a parent demand that their child be a "zero with the rim rubbed out"? Would a spouse? That is not love. It is devastating control.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/28/2020 01:02AM by Reepicheep.

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: December 28, 2020 06:51AM

C H A N G E D

TWISTED SCRIPTURE

1. Separate people: (Luke 14:26) "Whoever comes to me and does not hate . . ."
2. Encourage couples to divorce: (Luke 14:26) "Whoever comes to me and does not hate . . ."
3. Fire those who dare to question: Mixed multitude, wheat/tares.
4. Command submission: Mixed multitude, wheat/tares.
5. Demand unquestioning allegiance: Mixed multitude, wheat/tares.
6. Protect and keep in positions: Mixed multitude, wheat/tares.

Whatever the agenda, there was always a scriptural justification.

Date: December 30, 2020 03:02AM

kBOY wrote:
Whatever the agenda, there was always a scriptural justification.

Yes. More than a few 'ministries' were obviously inspired by Jesus' first miracle (turning water into wine) and perhaps used it to justify getting sh*tfaced at TLWF events.
I wonder if one of the "greater works," promised by scripture, will be the sons of god turning water into Scotch whiskey...or some other alcoholic beverage vastly superior to water. His ways are inscrutable!
/s

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/30/2020 03:04AM by changedagain.

Date: December 30, 2020 08:17AM

C H A N G E D

Many measures were implemented over the decades in order for us to never appear religious, including some that were downright illegal.

Using the flesh in one area to combat the flesh in another is still the flesh. This, along with a heavily controlled environment, just about squeezed all of the SPIRITUALITY out of the movement.

JRS himself prophesied that if the ALMIGHTY was no longer happy about how we were behaving, 'IT' would HUFF, and PUFF, and BLOW our house down, which to our surprise, included burning it to the ground.

Just the legacy one would want to use in order to launch a new 'world-wide misery'.

Date: December 30, 2020 10:51PM

Many measures were implemented over the decades in order for us to never appear religious, including some that were downright illegal.

Back then, I suppose I was "religious" in the sense that I would prefer ministry from a sober pastor rather than a drunk (i.e. sh*tfaced) pastor. Today, of course, I would never seek guidance from a religious "authority"--drunk or sober.

Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: December 31, 2020 01:55AM

Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens new
Date: December 30, 2020 08:51AM

Back then, I suppose I was "religious" in the sense that I would prefer ministry from a sober pastor rather than a drunk (i.e. sh*tfaced) pastor. Today, of course, I would never seek guidance from a religious "authority"--drunk or sober.

Ditto, changedagain. I will not likely seek guidance from a person of the cloth again. Not that the "shepherds" in our background had any special training whatsoever...except for kissing JRS, G&M and their minions behinds. So I can't really categorize them as "people of the cloth". They were more like "people of the delusion".

Date: December 31, 2020 02:33AM

Reep wrote:
They were more like "people of the delusion".

POTD ('people of the delusion') who contributed to giving others PTSD--especially minors.

Date: January 02, 2021 12:15AM

TheWALK/TLW served up some strong mind-altering 'words'.

HAPPY new year.

Date: January 02, 2021 01:06AM

True, kBOY
And yes, Happy New Year to those who have contributed to this forum for so many years, and all those who read it and have found value in what has been posted here. Let's do our best to make good, sound decisions in 2021. Please, no injecting bleach into your systems to 'cure' any ailments. I know from personal experience it does nothing for athlete's foot ;)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.