Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: August 22, 2020 10:32PM

changedagain Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Good links--thanks for sharing.
>
> "Deference to authorities can occur in a mindless
> fashion as a kind of decision-making shortcut.
> When reacting to authority in an automatic fashion
> there is a tendency to often do so in response to
> the mere symbols of authority rather than
> to its substance.
>
> Three types of symbols have been demonstrated
> through research as effective in this regard:
>
> Titles
> Clothing
> Automobiles
>
> In separate studies investigating the influence of
> these symbols--individuals that possessed one or
> another of these symbols, even without other
> legitimizing credentials, were accorded more
> respect or obedience by those they encountered.
> Moreover, in each instance, those individuals who
> obeyed these individuals underestimated the effect
> of authority pressures upon their behavior.
>
> Asking two questions can attain a meaningful
> defense against the detrimental effects of undue
> influence gained through authority.
>
> Is this authority truly an expert?
> How truthful can we expect this expert to be?

Titles...like Apostle?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: August 23, 2020 02:08AM

Who the hell started comparing him to King David? Was King David this slimy? I know, it's been a while since I opened a Bible.
/s

Posted by: Imapurple
Date: October 07, 2019 09:25AM

It was an interesting time. Rick couldn’t be in the room taking care of JRS because it was “ too hard for him” 100% complete BS. In fact he spent the whole time up at the studio having an affair. That’s how much he really cared. Yet the fact JRS died left him with a whole bunch of lies he could tell young girls about fake words John gave him and ways to solicit Sympathy getting them to open up to him and then move in for the kill. Rick had so much dirt on G & M and they on him , after all the fighting was over they decided it would be better to let him do whatever he wanted and the same for them. Scott followed Rick so close if Rick came to a sudden stop, Scott’s head would go right up Ricks ass. He did that for decades. Sad, very sad because Rick didn’t even like Scott. It’s so good to see the whole thing fall apart.

Posted by: Onion ()
Date: August 23, 2020 05:30AM

The Plaintiffs in a lawsuit have the burden of proof and I would expect them to be looking to various ones from this group and the others for corroboration of their claims which must be done before they can legally name "Does" and "Perpetrators" in the public record.

I am neither a Doe or a Perpetrator in any lawsuits and I don't think any of the Defendants will want what I have to say. But I sure hope I can help some of the Plaintiffs, especially in the most recent lawsuit because of my close relationship with the newest plaintiffs. I'm looking forward to helping in any way I can even though I know others have knowledge of Rick's abuse. I am a wealth of information on Gary Hargrave and how he ran things and how he compartmentalized his whole life to keep any one person from knowing every detail - except his fellow perpetrators of course.

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: August 23, 2020 04:14PM

O N I O N :

Being neither Doe/Perpetrator/Plaintiff/Defendant, I thank you on behalf of those who's case will need all the help they can get, considering the insidiousness of the Does/Perpetrators.

Very few had the point of view you were afforded, edited and compartmentalized as it was. What was hidden in darkness will hopefully be brought out into the LIGHT.

Date: August 23, 2020 11:43PM

kBoy wrote:
What was hidden in darkness will hopefully be brought out into the LIGHT.
Yes.

Date: August 23, 2020 11:49PM

Excerpt of a post by light777, from August of 2018:

Posted by: light777
Date: August 07, 2018 12:27PM

As I shared on a previous message, I was forced into this cult! I saw a lot! However, I trusted my Mother and I complied; eventually believing this BS, to the point that I uprooted my life and moved to the "inner camp" to be close to TLW and very much a part of TLW and G&M, along with their family.

In the beginning, after I moved to LA, I would often call my Mother to share some of the "inner Living Word behaviors"; by those in "high" positions. At this point, I would just share what I saw with my own eyes, and heard with my own ears.

Mother would tell me to pray for these great men of God because they are battled greatly. I thought to myself, this is weird... this can't be God... How could my Mother be so ignorant, or blinded, but maybe she was correct, perhaps I am being "disobedient"!! Ugggggghhhhhh... I should have trusted my gut!

I was afraid that if I left, I would be punished, thus losing my place in the "Kingdom"... as a SON!! As a CHOSEN ONE... One of the ELITE!!!

As time progressed, I became friends with others that were not only in G&M's inner circle, but was even more so in JRS's inner circle. It was a particular couple that further enlightened me on the following:

* Affairs of JRS... One of JRS's illegitimate sons.

* Marilyn and Gary's relationship, how they spent weeks on end alone in Las Vegas after John died.

* The details / scandal of Ricks affairs / wives

* Other TLW affairs / divorces

* The preferential treatment of those close to G&M and those that were ousted by G&M... God forbid we utter their name!

* I learned of all those that were getting ordained, that had nothing to do with ministry, but took advantage of the benefits!

Then there were the labors of "LOVE". The time spent serving the "elite", with ZERO compensation. And I guess that would have been okay, UNTIL, you did not show up to fulfill your charity "FREE" work... Then the wrath of the Powers to be would fall upon your head. The guilt and shame that they bestowed upon my head was too much... so I slithered back in, tail between my legs to continue to serve "Gods chosen elite"!

My reward?? Perhaps it was that I got to be in G&M's circle. I did not have to stand in the cattle line to talk to them, I could walk right by everyone to the front... I occasionally got to sit near them... I was included in family events... I was a part of their elite group. AND, now, today, what did any of this have to do with God?

I used to have a very good friend at TLW who was tormented daily by the evilness and wrongdoings of the TLW. Her children are knee deep in and her husband is so far up Rick's back-end! She played the game and continues to play the game because if she left, as she stated, she would lose her entire family. And there are so many more like this.

Of course I am just skimming the surface here, however I believe it is important for those of us to come forward and share our experiences. For me it helps to validate what I myself witnessed / experienced. And most importantly, I hope that our words will help others.

May our Heavenly Father Bless all of us that we continue our journey and healing process with the best of integrity and honesty.

Love & Light!

P.S. Onion... I know you! You were always one of my favorites! XOXO

Date: August 24, 2020 12:52AM

light777 wrote:
I used to have a very good friend at TLW who was tormented daily by the evilness and wrongdoings of the TLW. Her children are knee deep in and her husband is so far up Rick's back-end! She played the game and continues to play the game because if she left, as she stated, she would lose her entire family. And there are so many more like this.

That's not uncommon. People were hesitant to make the move because they knew there was a very real possibility of it causing permanent divisions within the family. John, Gary and Marilyn have played this card masterfully through the years.
All three sociopaths, of course. Rick took sociopathy to a 'new level.'

"Oneness is you allowing me to exploit you."
-unauthorized kingdom proverb

"I'll tell you what to think after I have a few more drinks."
-another unauthorized kingdom proverb

Date: August 24, 2020 12:53AM

"I am no longer sh*tfaced on Zoom. Just drunk."

#NewLevel
#TLWFministry

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/24/2020 01:04AM by changedagain.

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: August 24, 2020 01:17AM

L I G H T 7 7 7 : (From CHANGED repost.)

One can definitely feel the depth of torment your situation engendered. Once again, it is/was a carefully crafted narrative that presented a public face to most, and a private face that slow-boiled all sensitivity and decency out of those they carefully vetted and found worthy to be in their presence.

The WIZARD OF OZ had nothing on TheWalk/TLW.

Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: August 24, 2020 02:48AM

I can relate to light777's story. Although I only saw glimpses of behavior that seemed unchristian and not right to me, just reading this account is bringing up years of anger and what I thought was "rebellion" in me. Now I know that it was my gut feeling or instinct screaming to be heard. And all that time I thought it was my carnal mind showing enmity against God. I was battling the very thing that could have saved me.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.