Date: August 04, 2020 11:01PM

Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: August 04, 2020 07:21AM

kBOY Wrote:

> That grin on his face demonstrates just how
> remorseful he is for ruining so many lives with
> his 'world-wide ministry'.

Anyone that has had anything to do with him is not fooled by that contrived smile. They know the cut-throat operator that lurks within. Best keep your distance.

And here's more...et tu, Facebook?

[www.facebook.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/04/2020 11:07PM by Reepicheep.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: August 05, 2020 01:02AM

I'm not sure if he is restoring his "ministry," or just seeking an air of legitimacy on social media to buttress himself should there be legal battles looming. Whatever it is, he has calculated the pros and cons of his actions.
BTW, when it was announced that TLWF was dissolving, following the public exposure of long-term sexual abuse by ministries within the fellowship--what significance did that have, if any? It has been my understanding that 'The Living Word Fellowship' was never a legal entity to begin with. Now if Hargrave Family Ministries had been shut down (without just changing its name to Hargrave Ministries), that would have been more meaningful. Hasn't that been the organization that has ultimately overseen everything that has been going on in the churches?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/05/2020 01:04AM by changedagain.

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: August 05, 2020 01:58AM

H A R G R A V E mini-stries

[www.facebook.com]

"Our passion is to see the Kingdom of God manifest on earth as the body of Christ grows in unity, power and love."

Did the leopard change it's spots . . . ?

Date: August 05, 2020 02:20AM

"Our passion is to see the Kingdom of God manifest on earth as the body of Christ grows in unity, power and love."

No way he's going to be a part of the "body of Christ" unless he controls the other members of the "body." Gary is not going to be a little toe!

Date: August 05, 2020 06:41AM

Posts from November 1, 2018:

Posted by: JezTheBelle
Date: November 01, 2018 07:10PM

It has come:
[www.thelivingword.org]

Posted by: Cloudwatcher
Date: November 01, 2018 07:19PM

Oh okay Blame it on the holy spirit---here we go folks.

Posted by: changedagain
Date: November 01, 2018 07:33PM

My initial reaction to the big 'apology':

Gary,
Asking the Lord to forgive your sins, without admitting specifically what they are (and you know), is not going to cut it. Start with admitting the fact that you covered up the actions of a prolific sexual predator for decades--rebuffing those who advised you to remove him from the ministry. The onus can no longer be on the people to show mercy and pray for leadership, which they have done countless times. They are at a point of exhaustion...so no other burdens should be laid upon them. For once, be an example, and put the entire burden upon yourself and other TLWF leaders at fault (Rick, Scott etc.). That's where it belongs. It is not a time for you to assume a shepherding role, and guide people you have consistently betrayed. Step aside, completely.

Posted by: changedagain
Date: November 01, 2018 07:36PM

Holy Spirit: How many times do I have to tell you to get rid of Rick? He's harming people over and over and over again. Are you deaf to my still small voice?
Gary: What?

Posted by: JezTheBelle
Date: November 01, 2018 07:48PM

Agreed, ChangedAgain!

"I should have followed the voice of the Lord and the leading of the Holy Spirit and dismantled what I believed to be a sin of hierarchal organized religious systems."

So, The Lord, The Holy Spirit AND YOU told you to stop this. You knew it on every level imaginable, and you did nothing for over 20 years. But we're supposed to trust you to your "retirement" now? Paid for by whom? "Other avenues of livelihood." Like book sales? Titles written from your position of authority? Selling a house or two are you? Whose money bought them in the first place? Or just residual income from OUR investments in YOU?

But, questioning makes me one of "those" pitiful destructive types, eh?

"I know there are always a few who seem to seek destruction; however, I believe the majority of people we have heard from are finding a needed expression and want to see fundamental and lasting change in an organization and culture that has been hurtful to them."

All nice and neat and tied with a bow. If you want it to be leveled so that it can never happen again, you are destructive. If you want to leave the man in the shadows with the new puppets running the show out front, then That's Right! Amen! (You're just the kind we want! Stick around! We'll have offerings shortly and you can double tithe to help rebuild!)

Like any good politician, you're sorry YOU GOT CAUGHT. If you were sorry it happened in the first place, it would have ended decades ago, not now when it has become public and irrefutable, you sick bastard.

Time for me to take a break. My Holy Stomach is telling me it will heave if I don't. I prefer to listen the first time. ;-)

Posted by: kfinotti
Date: November 01, 2018 08:50PM

Wow...that’s all I can say right now. I grew up in TLW. My parents met and married at Cornish. (First direct contact with GH...I never knew why, but I never liked him. John Miller, Randy Parks and many others there were all fine with me then (I was 11/12 yo), but something felt wrong to me with GH). We lived at and thru the debacle known as “the mine/ranch”, we left for awhile, returned on the east coast, I graduated from high school at Shiloh...and then I was done with it all. Why? Because my teen brain decided that “I don’t want the elders to tell me how to live.” Somehow, some way, He was looking out for me.

I never witnessed any of the things that Shalom or Maureen have written about and posted on social media. But as I said, I was done in 1980.

I remember gossip and rumors, but you didn’t ask questions. I tried to ask my parents, but was shut down. My father crossed over as a member of the Grants Pass church and my mom is still there. She has told me more than once that she will never leave “the body”, ever again. She and my father actually bought the property where the Grants Pass church sits and gave it to TLW. I try not to be bitter or hurt, but my parents never gave me anything. I’ve done just fine in life, but what an eye opener!

As this mess unfolds, I’m interested in seeing who will be held accountable. I’ve spoken to my mom since this all started, but she’s not even mentioned it. I won’t ask her either...she believes dirty laundry belongs in the hamper and not outside being aired!

Posted by: Liamthomasusa
Date: November 01, 2018 09:32PM

All of us should be raising our trumpets and playing .... “FOLLOW THE MONEY!” A forensic audit should be contracted before Gary or any other board of director makes any changes.... in fact that responsibility should be given to an independent group.

Posted by: that little red flag ()
Date: November 01, 2018 10:13PM

First, let me say that I find it completely offensive that Gary's apology was generic enough that he easily swept aside any blame for not responding to Shalom's letters and/or cries for help. That is unacceptable.

With all due respect to Shalom and others abused by Rick, IMO, it doesn't really matter if the apologies that have come from Gary, the Sayers, or the Cabrals are real or not. Those of us that know the BS and the heart ache of all that has happened have already walked away. It may put a smile on our faces when those involved are prosecuted, but I don't have, nor do I want, a say in what happens to the churches - except that the people get free. Although I have no desire to be a part of organized religion, I do deeply love many of the people still entangled there.

For now, part pf our commitment to getting down the field involves staying engaged with the conversations on the FB forum. We hope to support those that are wondering which way to go by telling our stories of the grievous hurts, and the subtle ones, that just wear at your day to day worth. Not because we want to gripe, but so people can see that this is the way it has operated, and it is the same for everyone. We all carry many of the same hurts because of the abuse. We were a beat down people. In posting, my goal is to provide a view that allows them to see the shit that has happened, but also allows them to see they they can come out from under it. And if they are looking, there are many people willing to help.

I'm guessing there are others posting on FB that may have found the same, but I have had two different people contact me and say that after reading some of my stories of what I went through, they could identify. And its not me, its all of us. These people (and probably us) are hurting and are looking for a way to heal up from all this shit. They are looking for ways to leave it all and walk away. With long talks, and some tears, we simply affirm our love, and offer to be a friend. When needed, we and others provided links to the moderator's list of how to identify a cult. Our stories and these other tools help provide them with clear cut reasons for making their decision.

Until there are other venues of working through this, I want to find ways to nudge people out of their compliance and obedience to this abuse. That is why I will post here, and that is why I will continue posting on FB. That's the only plan I have right now, but I'm counting on it until the next move is clear.

I know that what we have witnessed on the forum is a first, and that our door to it was Shalom's open letter to the fellowship. It is important to recognize the sacrifice that she made. By her own admission, she recognizes that every person posting is helping all of us gain ground in getting healed, and getting things exposed.

I'm really not trying to sound all Disney or syrupy, but even though I am not interested in going to church, I'm still OK with being my brothers keeper. I mean, come on, its what we do, right?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/05/2020 06:42AM by changedagain.

Posted by: walknntalkn ()
Date: August 05, 2020 09:05PM

Look who's got a shiny new website: [www.hargraveministries.org]

Whoever had "Zionist podcaster" on your bingo card, please collect your winnings!

9018 Balboa Blvd. is a UPS Store, by the way. I wonder who he sends to pick up the checks?

Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: August 05, 2020 09:58PM

walknntalkn Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Look who's got a shiny new website:
> [www.hargraveministries.org]
>
> Whoever had "Zionist podcaster" on your bingo
> card, please collect your winnings!
>
> 9018 Balboa Blvd. is a UPS Store, by the way. I
> wonder who he sends to pick up the checks?

Wow! Thanks for posting, walkntalkn. If you check the support page, you will see many giving projects related to ICEJ, or International Christian Embassy Jerusalem. So we're back to Christian Zionism? Well, that and wannabe Jewish people. I think it's more correctly called cultural appropriation for your own selfish purposes. Not ok in my book.

Date: August 05, 2020 11:05PM

The web site is slickly done...and it presents an image of himself that that is completely opposite of what he really is...but those who endured 35+ years of his fraudulent "ministry" should not be surprised by this. Fortunately for him, he has ample financial resources that enable him to widely promote this "ministry"--one that is bound, if history in any indication (and it is), to do more harm than good. Thoughts and prayers for those in Israel who have the misfortune of crossing paths with him.

Date: August 05, 2020 11:12PM

walknntalkn Wrote:
Look who's got a shiny new website:
[www.hargraveministries.org]

Yes, it is shiny!

Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: August 05, 2020 11:14PM

changedagain Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The web site is slickly done...and it presents an
> image of himself that that is completely opposite
> of what he really is...but those who endured 35+
> years of his fraudulent "ministry" should not be
> surprised by this. Fortunately for him, he has
> ample financial resources that enable him to
> widely promote this "ministry"--one that is bound,
> if history in any indication (and it is), to do
> more harm than good. Thoughts and prayers for
> those in Israel who have the misfortune of
> crossing paths with him.

Gary Hargrave, former one of two Apostolic Fathering Ministries (the other being Marilyn, who passed in 2015) of the now allegedly defunct Living Word Fellowship, has reinvented himself as a Zionist podcaster and tour guide? Also apparently took over the AMI Jerusalem Center when Schlomo Hitzak died? I smell a rather large rat.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.