Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: February 29, 2020 08:53AM

Followed up by PAGE #904:

Posted by: larry bobo ()
Date: May 29, 2019 11:18AM

I would encourage those who are following this thread to go to the Zalkin Law Firm site on Facebook and view the interview with several from TLWF who have filed lawsuits today.

(Dates which will be both famous and infamous.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/29/2020 08:55AM by kBOY.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: March 01, 2020 01:24AM

Shalom wrote:

Why am I writing this open letter to The Living Word Fellowship (TLWF) congregation?

1. A real problem exists, even after removing Rick Holbrook from the ministry and those in power should be held accountable.
2. I can no longer carry these secrets and their shame and I want to be free of the damage of these abuses.
3. I want the other girls and women and men and children who have also been abused to know that they are not alone. I am not being brave, I just believe that the truth will set me free and hopefully provide a way, a safe way, for others to come forth with their truth and be set free.
4. To start living unapologetically without regrets although I do not know if that is possible because exposing this truth is embarrassing to me and hurtful to many others. I was too trusting and allowed people to control my life decisions that in return hurt me and others around me. I was fearful and intimidated and even worse, I believed they were the only way to God, “Christ in the flesh”. I was raised in The Living Word Fellowship from age 3-35 yo and I did not know other Christian churches or Christian ways, but I am no longer fearful or intimidated. I am free.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2020 01:26AM by changedagain.

Date: March 01, 2020 01:49AM

10,898 posts and 1,554,565 page views to date.
Meanwhile, the 'independent investigation' presumably is still going on.

Date: March 01, 2020 09:48AM

C H A N G E D

"1,554,565 page views to date"

That is a pretty amazing statistic given that TLW in its heyday never even came close to the size of some of todays mega-church congregations.

I guess that number can account for the degree of abuse which has now made TLW so infamous.

Nothing like being in competition for the race to the bottom.

Date: March 01, 2020 09:50AM

TRIVIA:

The last post was #10,900 on page 1,090. (Way to rack up the numbers.)

Date: March 01, 2020 10:11AM

kBOY Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> TRIVIA:
>
> The last post was #10,900 on page 1,090. (Way to
> rack up the numbers.)

Interesting

Date: March 01, 2020 10:14AM

I don't think this is what John meant about the "word" being released to the nations. Oh well.

Date: March 01, 2020 04:59PM

C H A N G E D

"I don't think this is what John meant about the "word" being released to the nations."

If it bleeds, then it leads, and bad news travels fast--especially in the age of the internet.

Date: March 01, 2020 05:12PM

Speaking of the 'word for the world', that was just one of the many pipe-dreams we conjured up in the isolation bubble we lived in during the '70s.

When you soberly look at the 'piss & vinegar' we were drinking at the height of our hysteria, and compare it now with the 'real world', one sees the danger of a certain paradigm being promoted that isolates itself from scrutiny, and what a cancer it can become both to its adherents and the surrounding community.

Cult-mentality exists like a virus in every area of life, in different forms and strengths. Like an infection, it doesn't always become evident until after growing unnoticed below the surface.

Then its definitely time to stop the spread of infection.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2020 05:15PM by kBOY.

Date: March 02, 2020 03:38AM

When you soberly look at the 'piss & vinegar' we were drinking at the height of our hysteria, and compare it now with the 'real world', one sees the danger of a certain paradigm being promoted that isolates itself from scrutiny, and what a cancer it can become both to its adherents and the surrounding community.

Yes, isolates itself from scrutiny, but assumes the 'divine privilege' of scrutinizing everyone and everything else. John set the tone with his obsession on judging 'Babylon the Harlot,' the religious system that supposedly preyed on its adherents. Meanwhile, as numerous first-hand accounts shared in this forum attest, he pretty much was a law unto himself. Question him at your own peril. His replacements actually tightened the control over the fellowship once he was gone. Anyway, if you are not allowed to question a leader (in good faith), it's one of the earmarks that you are in a cult.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.