Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: Movin'On ()
Date: February 23, 2020 12:39PM

RIP Gladys. You earned it dear. You were one of the bright lights at Shiloh.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: February 23, 2020 11:06PM

Invisible:
I think I was no longer active in the church -
when I heard that an amphitheater was being built
on the land at Shiloh.

I suspect this decision was made by a couple people (at most), and rubber stamped by Apco. I doubt anyone had the courage to question it...and ask about John's 'vision' of the convalescent home for those who spent decades laboring at Shiloh. Not that it was easy challenging G, M and R. You were certain to forfeit whatever ministry you had...possibly be humiliated in "personal ministry" before the fellowship (resulting in shunning), and put on a disciplinary/re-education program to help you realize the error of your ways in confronting 'Christ in the Flesh,' or 'King David in the Flesh.' But still...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/23/2020 11:07PM by changedagain.

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: February 24, 2020 01:00AM

C H A N G E D

To add insult to injury, I believe about a year before the sh*t hit the fan, there was a ceremonial ground-breaking for the Shiloh U. library, which would have further siphoned funds away from a retirement home that was never to be.

Stonehenge cemetery, anyone?

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: February 24, 2020 03:39AM

KBOY wrote:
Stonehenge cemetery, anyone?

I've never seen the cemetery designed by Rick, but judging by the comment below, I think that is a good thing :)

Posted by: that little red flag
Date: December 18, 2018 09:58AM

My comments on the cemetery: it has to be one of the ugliest cemeteries I have ever seen. It looks like an abandoned construction sight from a lost city.

Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: February 24, 2020 07:29AM

Date: February 22, 2020 09:39PM

Yes it was Jeff. He regained most of the use of his wrist and hand. Whoever asked about the arrangement between the sawmill and Shiloh, it was supposed to be 5 dollars an hour to Shiloh for this slave labor. What did you guys get for that? 80 bucks a month and all the corn chowder you could stomach.

I think that I asked that question, Movin'On. Sounds par for the course. I hope that Shiloh or the sawmill covered his medical expenses, which must have been substantial from that kind of accident.

Date: February 24, 2020 01:04PM

Yes, they did. Still, it is weird in retrospect that working in a sawmill was considered an equivalent "serving" ministry to working in housekeeping or construction.

Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: February 24, 2020 01:14PM

That is strange, Movin'On. But then, TLWF wasn't known for using logic. Too much like the carnal mind, I guess.

Date: February 24, 2020 06:48PM

M O V I N

"Still, it is weird in retrospect that working in a sawmill was considered an equivalent "serving" ministry to working in housekeeping or construction."

Being one of those who was there both at the sawmill and the accident mentioned, I can assure you we were all under the same impression of 'serving' that anyone else was under, be it the garden, kitchen, housekeeping, front desk, construction, etc.

We all lived the same schedule, ate the same food, went to the same services, lived in the same place, got the same 'pay', and so forth.

The sawmill's 'ministry' was one of the few businesses providing income to keep Shiloh afloat back then. The work was as hard as any listed above, and a lot more dangerous--as we know.

Date: February 24, 2020 10:15PM

You forgot fun! For a 20-something single man it was great experience. John Bender, Dan Nisly, John Nisly and Simon Nisly were the best. A wealth of knowledge.

Date: February 24, 2020 11:51PM

"John Bender, Dan Nisly, John Nisly and Simon Nisly were the best."

All SOLID midwestern stock.

And yes, FUN. I personally enjoyed my Shiloh/sawmill experience, and left with all my parts intact, and got married to boot.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.