Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: February 26, 2020 06:59AM

kBOY Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> (Previous post was #10880 on page # 1088.)
> Trivia, I know.

subject: sawmill limbs

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: February 26, 2020 11:54PM

Post by Ditch_Digging_Yasper from October of 2014:

Posted by: Ditch_Digging_Yasper
Date: October 28, 2014 10:15PM

Lamp, I've thought about that quite a bit. I think it becomes less and less likely due to the free flow of information online these days, but it behooves us to make sure the truth about the walk is easily available online. The only way people get sucked in is if they don't know about the fringe beliefs up-front. The problem is that from the outside, TLWF looks like a pretty standard evangelical-style church. The fringier beliefs of discipleship, spiritual warfare, prophetic communities, resurrection life, etc. are only revealed to established members.

I firmly believe that if prospective members and families and friends of prospective members had access to the true beliefs of the walk online, membership rates would plummet. The question is, how can we make these readily available online?

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: February 27, 2020 03:49AM

Nothing like bad press (Shalom's letters) and social media (FB & CEI) to get peoples attention.

Posted by: NancyB ()
Date: February 27, 2020 04:36AM

changed,
will there be public restrooms and sunblock?

Date: February 27, 2020 05:27AM

kBOY Wrote:
> Nothing like bad press (Shalom's letters) and
> social media (FB & CEI) to get peoples attention.

Yes

Date: February 27, 2020 05:30AM

NancyB Wrote:
> changed,
> will there be public restrooms and sunblock?

Yes, for only $40 per volunteer laborer ;)

Date: February 27, 2020 11:28PM

The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: Altar_Kent
Date: February 23, 2004 12:18AM

Is anyone familiar with this movement? It is based in Kalona Iowa at a camp/compound called Shiloh. It was founded by John Robert Stevens and first called the walk. Stevens came out of the Latter Rain movement, built quite a congregation, and then died in 1983. The Living word Fellowship is currently being run by Gary and Marilyn Hargrave. IF you are familiar with it, there is an ongoing discussion about it at [www.factnet.org]
I was a former member, born into the cult, and I still have family members in it. I would like to get a discussion going concerning this movement and its destructive teachings and abusive practices. If anyone is familiar with it, please post.

Hi Altar,
I can't recall whether anyone responded specifically to your question posted in February of 2004. If not, I would like you to know that many people are familiar with this movement you have referred to. In fact, since you asked this question there has been 10,892 comments about the movement, nearly all thumbs down. Anyway, I hope you have had the time to read a few of them, and realize that you were not alone in experiencing this travesty. I promise going forward, should you ask another question, I or someone else here will respond in a more timely manner. Taking 16 years to respond to a question is entirely unacceptable, even by TLWF shepherd standards.
/s

p.s. TLWF was dissolved in the fall of 2018, even though it did not legally exist.

Date: February 28, 2020 04:35AM

C H A N G E D

When one considers all the damage that had already been done by 2004 before anyone added TLW to this vaunted list of culprits, it was at least better late than never.

Not being familiar with how far back the FACTNET threads went, we can probably chalk up this late entry to how young the internet still was back in the early 2000s.

It was probably a lonely cry for help back then, especially from one born into the insanity. Hopefully Altar Kent has poked his/her nose back into what was started and found some encouragement from recent events.

Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: February 29, 2020 07:40AM

Posted by: 40yearsin2016
Date: September 25, 2018 02:07PM

Ok I'll play...

but instead of filling in a questionnaire, Here's what I require for my healing.

Amy should, being charged the responsibility since "Gary doesn't want to get involved":

1 - Read this forum - all 689 pages
2 - Read Woodrow Nichols book - all of it.

Based on that research generate a list of questions to be read from the pulpit on Sunday AM. Give the church leadership one week to respond in writing.

Next, Amy should post a notice on the bulletin board in the lobby of each church encouraging current members affected by sexual abuse within the church to call local hotlines (numbers provided) as well as local legal authorities. Independent legal counsel should to be funded by "Hargrave Ministries"

oh, I'm not done.

Finally, in support of my healing, Amy should commission and independent forensic audit of "Hargrave Ministries". Document all assets. Identify historic sources of those assets. Identify any IRS gaps. Document sources of income for "Hargrave Ministries" for as many years as the documents support. Forensic audit should be published publically, a link supplied on this forum would aide in my healing...

About a year after the above post, 40 Years reposted it with the following addendum.

Posted by: 40yearsin2016 ()
Date: September 17, 2019 03:44AM

Just a quick note to let you know... I'm not the least bit conflicted.

My response to church leadership asking for us to fill out a questionnaire regarding grievances was never acted upon. Instead shortly after, they got a a FB smackdown.

I never asked that they close their doors but I'm ok with that. I never asked that criminal indictments would be initiated, but I'm ok with that too. I did ask for an audit of Hargrave Ministries - I'm still waiting for that..

And still, we wait, 40 Years...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/29/2020 07:41AM by Reepicheep.

Date: February 29, 2020 08:32AM

PAGE #708 is where the dam broke:

Posted by: UnapologeticallyJohn832 ()
Date: October 25, 2018 10:42AM

Hello - First time poster, my name is Shalom Abrahamson (Caples married name) and I would like any support from posters here by going to my facebook post in which I publicly shared an open letter to TLWF congregation. Support in any way; a like, a comment, sharing your own stories and abuses, would be helpful in continuing to expose the truth of this organization. I have been reading this forum for a while now and I know many of you and I believe you and I have privately supported you, but now I am publicly supporting you. Thank you for speaking out on this forum; it has and will continue to help me in my life.

"An Open Letter to The Living Word Fellowship Congregation from Shalom Abrahamson-Caples

Why am I writing this open letter to The Living Word Fellowship (TLWF) congregation?

1. A real problem exists, even after removing Rick Holbrook from the ministry and those in power should be held accountable.
2. I can no longer carry these secrets and their shame and I want to be free of the damage of these abuses.
3. I want the other girls and women and men and children who have also been abused to know that they are not alone. I am not being brave, I just believe that the truth will set me free and hopefully provide a way, a safe way, for others to come forth with their truth and be set free.
4. To start living unapologetically without regrets although I do not know if that is possible because exposing this truth is embarrassing to me and hurtful to many others. I was too trusting and allowed people to control my life decisions that in return hurt me and others around me. I was fearful and intimidated and even worse, I believed they were the only way to God, “Christ in the flesh”. I was raised in The Living Word Fellowship from age 3-35 yo and I did not know other Christian churches or Christian ways, but I am no longer fearful or intimidated. I am free.

Please click on the link below to read the rest of my open letter..."

#metoo #churchtoo #thelivingwordfellowshiptoo #tlwftoo #rickholbrooktoo

[thelivingwordfellowshipthewholetruth.org]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.