Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: NancyB ()
Date: February 11, 2020 06:27AM

Oops! Autocorrect and my famous typo's and phone call interruptions.
Washingon County Public Health instead of "pubic".
Sorry folks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: February 11, 2020 07:00AM

NancyB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Oops! Autocorrect and my famous typo's and phone
> call interruptions.
> Washingon County Public Health instead of
> "pubic".
> Sorry folks.

I think this forum can handle almost any kind of typo. :)

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: February 11, 2020 09:37AM

N A N C Y b

Thanks again for your valuable contributions. Your proximity to these situations was something few people had.

The revelations regarding JRS' attitude towards the 'proper authorities' is more than disturbing. This mindset probably explains why he was shown the door with a number of different organizations, brandishing an attitude that 'the law does not apply to me'.

Even more disturbing is your own personal account of misdiagnosis, improper medications, 'house-arrest', and all the rest. Couple that with a very unfortunate marriage with negative repercussions affecting your kids, and you have the formula of someone who could appear 'crazy'.

I would be interested in what years you suffered your 'incarceration'. I lived at Shiloh from June '78--Sept '79, and was curious if there was any overlap.

We are all very sorry for what you had to endure, but you can at least find solace in the fact that you are now in a position to shed some light on issues few were aware of.

Date: February 11, 2020 09:45AM

C H A N G E D

It sounds like you barely survived the 'healing' you received from 'thoughts & prayers', if there were any. (That would have been an expenditure of spiritual energy taken away from the upward flow, resulting in you probably being 'amputated'.)

But, back then, it was all about 'what have you done for me lately?', and not, 'can I help you in any way?'

Shepherding at its finest.

Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: February 11, 2020 10:18PM

Typer,

Thank you for sharing your account of being injured at the sawmill. I have a hard time understanding the mentality that doesn't use basic safety precautions, especially after children (the Nisly boys) had suffered severe injuries. Thank goodness for Jody insisting that you be seen in Iowa City. Good grief! I'm also glad that you survived the experience.

Does anyone know...was the sawmill transformed from a private bisiness to a kingdom business during the building of Shiloh? Were they supplying building materials for Shiloh or just funds for "building the kingdom"?

Date: February 11, 2020 10:18PM

Typer,

Thank you for sharing your account of being injured at the sawmill. I have a hard time understanding the mentality that doesn't use basic safety precautions, especially after children (the Nisly boys) had suffered severe injuries. Thank goodness for Jody insisting that you be seen in Iowa City. Good grief!

Does anyone know...was the sawmill transformed from a private bisiness to a kingdom business during the building of Shiloh? Were they supplying building materials for Shiloh or just funds for "building the kingdom"?

Date: February 11, 2020 11:11PM

R E E P

During my stint there (June '78--Sept '79) we never supplied any materials that I know of to Shiloh since it was basically built by then. Before that time I do not know. $$$ probably yes.

Date: February 11, 2020 11:44PM

Thaks kBOY.

NancyB, I can't even imagine how awful that period of behing held against your will at Shiloh must have been. Couldn't that be considered illegal, as in kidnapping? More props to you for coming out with your sense of self intact.

I have long wondered how many people over the years felt "trapped" in places like Shiloh. With workers having no savings, no transportation and no friends who would be willing to face similar treatment for assisting in an "escape", I would imagine that many people felt incapable of choosing to leave. Hell, I remember that feeling during more than one SOP camp as an adult. What about the children?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/11/2020 11:45PM by Reepicheep.

Date: February 12, 2020 11:01AM

February 11, 2020 09:37AM
Kboy

With no calendar and no sleep, I had no idea of the dates for a while. One of my kids turned 4 in late '77 so I think it was after March '78 some time.

JRs assigned me to popcorn duty which everyone loved. But, JRS got po'd when the popcorn machine was empty when he wanted some.

I am so grateful that someone is listening, finally. I have been saving for decades that "they" knew" and "they" lied and lied and lied. Anyone who was in disagreement tho' 100% correct got rumors spread how "crazy ' I was. There were times when my meds were wrong and I did not not respond well.)

In Anaheim, people I had known for a while finally heard the rumors probably started my husband and his father and the Bro. They would come up to me in the church of His Holy Presence and talk really really slow and LOUD! "We know ALL about you. You are bat ass nuts."

How much love is there in statements like that? I thought we were Christians.

I still go to therapy for my PTSD. I am documented to be quite sane in my unique quirky way. I would look insane than to be under the thumb of Hargraves lying my arse off to cover up negligence and lack of concern for children's' safety.

thanks for allowing me to spit it out candidly.

Date: February 12, 2020 11:26AM

Reepicheep,
Looking back, yes, I think it was illegal.

Here is an example: my adult son is his own power of attorney as he is mentally competent tho' physically disabled. He got sick. I called the on-call medical provider and was told to take him by ambulance to the ER on Friday. On Friday my son refused to go. That was his right to refuse tho I did not agree. On Saturday his temp was high so I was able to make the decision as he was no longer able to.

I am not a lawyer. However, I was required to take a course in the law as applied to my RN license. People have a legal right to refuse to take medication or refuse to eat. They have the right to not be touched without permission. etc etc.

Another example: a parent can not force their teenage daughter to get an injection of Depo Provera or an IUD for birth control. That would be assault.

I did not want to be at Shiloh. I was aware that I was recovering from exhaustion. "They" could have sent someone to my home to stay with me and the kids.

My work supervisors realized they made a mistake by having me work too many hours every month and having me come in on my days off too. My work would have gotten me help and temporary work man's comp - no hassle. I know as my supervisor came out to Shiloh to see me. She had been out there a number of times to see "patients".

If I had been thinking I would have gotten in the care with her. But, I was under so much pressure to be submissive to my husband.

I was in an awkward position. I took the side of the medical professional in town over "Shiloh' people. TLW had to shut me up. Little did they know that the internet would be in the future.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2020 11:28AM by NancyB.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.