Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: January 02, 2020 06:58PM

O N I O N

"At some point carrying on/moving forward in a TLWF construct under whatever new words or names will be clearly understood as support, enablement, participation with the abusers of old."

Your assessment is accurate, and this continued support parallels the same cognitive dissonance we see playing out on the national stage.

I do believe, in the L.O.N.G run, clearer heads will prevail, but when and how that will manifest I will NOT attempt to predict. (1979 has already come and gone, so we can safely rule that out.)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: January 02, 2020 11:23PM

Unless I see otherwise, it's hard for me to believe that the power structure in at least a few of the key churches is any different than what it was before the allegations of sexual abuse went public in the fall of 2018. The big decisions still need to originate, or at least be 'confirmed,' by one of two of the same leaders that have been in charge for decades. If anyone insists on transparency, the backlash is immediate. Humble, sacrificial ex-members will be labeled a 'Judas,' as we witnessed yesterday on one the FB groups. I guess at least a few people still in power consider themselves 'Christ in the flesh,' and aren't happy (to put it mildly) when their 'authority' is challenged.

Posted by: Northerngate ()
Date: January 03, 2020 12:53AM

I appreciate reading all posts. They really help me. Onion posted something a while back comparing the Nazi terror tactics and how this is used in a cult. That was very applicable to so many scenarios. Thank you for those posts Onion.

I hope everyone will enjoy a year of goodness. I pray that the terror will become less imprisoning and we will all experience freedom to do things we desire to do instead of what others have chosen for us. I pray that the terrible experiences inflicted will be less foundational and new fresh thinking patterns will form. I wish all a Happy New Year!!!

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: January 03, 2020 05:23AM

N O R T H g

1) " . the terror will become less imprisoning"
2) " . experience freedom to do things we desire to do instead of what others have chosen for us"
3) " . the terrible experiences inflicted will be less foundational"
4) " . new fresh thinking patterns will form"

(I felt their importance was worth repeating.)

HAPPY202U

Date: January 04, 2020 12:59AM

Onion Wrote:
"CHHP filed an amendment changing the name of that
corporation to Hargrave Family Ministries - A Living Word Ministry. That gave them the ability to take the money paid for the church property
into their HFM account."

I wonder if long-time members of the Anaheim church were aware of this, and if it bothered them that the proceeds from their church were now in direct control (presumably) of Hargrave
Also, even though TLWF dissolved shortly after the allegations of sexual misconduct went public (Shalom's letter), was it even a legal entity to begin with? If not, was the announcement of its dissolution simply to give the impression that corrective measures were being taken to end abuse--like the commissioning of an 'independent investigation,' which is still ongoing (apparently).

Date: January 04, 2020 01:01AM

p.s. Happy New Year again!

Posted by: Lilith ()
Date: January 04, 2020 01:49AM

changedagain Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Onion Wrote:
> "CHHP filed an amendment changing the name of
> that
> corporation to Hargrave Family Ministries - A
> Living Word Ministry. That gave them the ability
> to take the money paid for the church property
> into their HFM account."

>
> I wonder if long-time members of the Anaheim
> church were aware of this, and if it bothered them
> that the proceeds from their church were now in
> direct control (presumably) of Hargrave
> Also, even though TLWF dissolved shortly after the
> allegations of sexual misconduct went public
> (Shalom's letter), was it even a legal entity to
> begin with? If not, was the announcement of its
> dissolution simply to give the impression that
> corrective measures were being taken to end
> abuse--like the commissioning of an 'independent
> investigation,' which is still ongoing
> (apparently).

Yes, aware and yes, bothered. I have also become aware that those that have left and are speaking out are now referred to as Judas and Proverbs 11:9 by those remaining. I am left wondering precisely what they think we hope to gain by speaking out because we are most certainly not gaining financially. If anything those speaking out have lost friends, family and quite literally years of their lives. My suggestion would be for them to turn those pointing fingers right back at themselves because they are harboring criminals and collaborators and they are cowards. And as far as the remaining churches reconstituting I hope that they realize that they are building on a foundation of disease and perversion, a shaky foundation at best.

Date: January 04, 2020 02:01AM

I agree, Lilith.

Posted by: puddington ()
Date: January 04, 2020 02:29AM

I really don’t see how any LW church can survive now, unless they rent store front meeting halls or meet in homes. I expect their financial spine will erode from the lawsuits. And the lack of young adults remaining is unhealthy. They will just die out as a failed cult. It’s about time.

Posted by: Onion ()
Date: January 04, 2020 02:36AM

Lilith - WELL said:

"... they are harboring criminals and collaborators and they are cowards. And as far as the remaining churches reconstituting I hope that they realize that they are building on a foundation of disease and perversion..."

I believe they squirreled away a lot of money to fund the ongoing churches although the size of the various congregations is probably not enough to meet ongoing expenses.

The lawsuits are being handled by insurance companies and may not hit the perpetrators in their pockets much if at all.

My greatest hope is that new exposure will continue and especially that people will come forward about the misconduct and abuse by Gary and Marilyn's hands directly.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.