Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: May 02, 2019 10:32PM

Onion
I need to clarify something about Bob McClane - or as he was called in my family "Bobby McClane."

Bob McClane did NOT commit suicide. He died of a heart attack in the VA hospital.

The only time suicide was associated with Bob's death was in the loud and nasty rant of Gary Hargrave who said it was suicide because of Bob's poor health habits. It was cruel and unnecessary and very wrong, especially if it misled anyone to think Bob committed suicide or that he was not committed to his kids.

Onion, this is yet another hearbreaking example of the cruelty of TLWF leaders Gary and Marilyn Hargrave. When Bob McClane died of a heart attack in the VA hospital, there was blame cast at Bob and others. Bob was blamed for not taking care of his health properly. This was emphasized so much that, as you said, some congregants erroneously believed that Bob had committed suicide. Gary may have even used that terminology when announcing his death. Bob's pastors were blamed for not realizing the severity of Bob's illness and for not notifying G&M of his impending death. (How dare someone like Bob McClane die unexpectedly?) Why would the pastors of Grace Chapel South Gate assume that the Apostolic Fathering Ministry wanted to be kept apprised of the health status of a local congregant? Because even as G&M left Bob hanging out to dry after his Kingdom Business went bankrupt, they still wanted to use him one last time, this time to "deliver a message from them to JRS on the other side". The man and his family were robbed of Bob's last ounce of dignity even in death. Sickening.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/02/2019 10:33PM by Reepicheep.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: May 03, 2019 01:03AM

Reepicheep Wrote:
Because even as G&M left Bob hanging out to dry after his Kingdom Business went bankrupt, they still wanted to use him one last time, this time to "deliver a message from them to JRS on the other side". The man and his family were robbed of Bob's last ounce of dignity even in death.

I guess we're supposed to feel sorry for Gary and Marilyn--that they weren't able to have a very important message delivered to John (in the cloud of witnesses)
in a timely manner. Poor Mom and Dad...they were always at the mercy of their unfaithful, incompetent servants. Sob.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: May 03, 2019 04:11AM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/03/2019 04:14AM by changedagain.

Date: May 03, 2019 09:47PM

Just as a TLWF member's life is not about themselves and their family, even their death is not about them. It's about guilt and shame for being ill, dying too soon or not dying quickly enough. Trying to take a message to the "other side" for the grandest egotists of all. I, for one, could no longer abide the extreme control and had to say, "Enough!". I hope that more members and former members will find their own freedom from this slavery and cease being trafficked both in this world and the next.

Posted by: Liamthomasusa ()
Date: May 03, 2019 11:57PM

Greetings all! It has been some time since I last posted although I have been “bird doggin’ “ the forum. Thanks to all who have been actively been posting/sharing their thoughts and experiences. My heart goes out to all those on this forum.

I recently began watching a Hulu original production of a show called “The Plan”. I find it fascination the similarities of the mind control games being portrayed to TLWF. It is scary how much of our cult is depicted in this show. I highly recommend to watch the episodes... very entertaining.

Be well,
Liam

Posted by: Liamthomasusa ()
Date: May 04, 2019 02:26AM

Sorry folks.... the name of the Hulu program is The Path....

Posted by: NancyB ()
Date: May 04, 2019 07:53PM

Thanks Reep for clarifying and sharing the truth about Bob's death.

I do want to repeat myself that Anaheim did have far too many alleged suicides. My theory is that too many were "pushed" and we may not ever know the truth about those early deaths. To me that demonstrates lack of love from the leadership that would care for the sheep.

All to frequently people need medical attention in general; substance abuse treatment or mental health treatment but tlw pretty much forbid it - and they pushed too far out of balance.

People get sick- we grow older- we are human - cults like the ones we survived tend to assigning spiritual wrong doing for natural causes that may or may not be preventable by getting medical care- but they seem to forbid it.

The act of blaming an illness or untimely death to a "sin" or a "wrong spirit" creates a controlling fear in the members.

We are human- we are born - we die - yet tlw tries to convince us that some are immortal when none of are. what a load of crap!

Life happens - the Bible tells us to support our widows and children - another example of how not scriptural and not Christ -like the Walk turned into. ( I'm on a kick of blurting out the the original vision for Shiloh by the people who donated in good faith was for a Christian Camp and conference center.)

Date: May 05, 2019 03:52AM

changedagain
I guess we're supposed to feel sorry for Gary and Marilyn--that they weren't able to have a very important message delivered to John (in the cloud of witnesses) in a timely manner. Poor Mom and Dad...they were always at the mercy of their unfaithful, incompetent servants. Sob.

Yes, I believe that is what they thought. How did they end up with such an incompetent group of followers? Oh, because no one could take any initiative without direct orders from headquarters. People kept in an infantile state need constant input because they don't feel capable of making the most basic decisions. Mature sons...please.

Date: May 05, 2019 03:54AM

Liamthomasusa, The Path has many parallels with TLWF, as you said. Good one.

Posted by: kbyrne ()
Date: May 05, 2019 07:58AM

Catching up on the last few weeks of posts, so appreciative of those that continue to share. Thanks to those that have kept us updated on Shiloh. In reading the articles it made me wonder who actually owns Shiloh? Who will benefit financially from any deals done?

Thanks changedagain for reposting Saw Enough's post from 2013. So true! And also for reposting sierradawn's story, which is heartbreaking. Shepherds calling themselves Christians, yet show no compassion. Unfortunately, this seems to be a reoccuring theme. It was the first I had heard or read about GH or MH asking people to give JRS a message on the other side. Struck me as odd, but somehow not surprising.

It saddens me to think about people that blew out and were treated horribly. I can see faces, but have unfortunately forgotten names. I remember being told when one guy blew out, he had developed 7 different forms of cancer. Bizarre. But you learned quickly that you wanted to stay away from blowouts. It was self-preservation, which, of course, brought its own feelings of guilt.

Talking about the paltry wages at Shiloh and kingdom businesses, it was also disapproved of to seek any kind of government assistance. I was reprimanded for getting my wisdom teeth pulled at the University of Iowa Dental School, for free, because I was willing to be a Guinea pig for a dental student. I was basically asked why I did it without asking or telling someone. Again, the guilt was piled on. Don't draw any attention to Shiloh, to the TLW. So afraid of outside scrutiny. We can't be seen as not taking care of the "little people," when in reality, they weren't taking care of the little people. People cover things up when they know what they're doing is wrong.

I know there were those that worked and had good jobs outside of TLW, who TLW was dependent on to bring the money in. I'd be interested to know what kind of pressure was applied to them to give their money.

And a word about GH. He never had John's charisma. I remember not wanting to transcribe his services, and I don't believe I ever did.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.