Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: NancyB ()
Date: February 20, 2019 10:41AM

New York time came out this today- I think it's a HOOT and 1/2

The Vatican has Secret Rules for children of Priests

M-m-m? be sure to have a Rule for everyone on paper. It guess the god of the walk gave the same revelation to the leadership we knew and loved.

[www.cnn.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: February 20, 2019 10:46AM

Onion Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> NancyB - As you said, exposing an illusion is so
> full of mixed emotions.
>
> What I hope people will realize about each other,
> whether a person has decided to stay loyal at the
> present time or may have left some time ago, every
> single one of us suffered the horrible pain of
> realizing we gave everything we had to something
> false. We have that pain in common.
>
> The people who are exposing the truth now, went
> thru and are continuing to go thru terrible pain
> based on the loss of trust and the lost years,
> time, money. We are all in the same boat. The
> only people to blame for our pain are the abusers
> and their enablers.

Thanks Onion.
I hope by so many of of saying that gives some one the ounce of strength they need.
BTW Our little boat is on a dozen pond ice fishing right now.

Date: February 20, 2019 10:59AM

Thank you Richard for sharing. I am very sorry things turned out the way they did for you.

Posted by: Onion ()
Date: February 20, 2019 11:06AM

NancyB - I think RichardM has had a wonderful life since the heartbreaking experiences he had compliments of JRS et. al. But RichardM - I too thank you from the bottom of my heart for posting. You are supplying such a huge piece of the puzzle. HUGE.

Date: February 20, 2019 11:06AM

Thank you Richard. I speechless. Thanks you!

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: February 20, 2019 11:34AM

Onion Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> NancyB - I think RichardM has had a wonderful life
> since the heartbreaking experiences he had
> compliments of JRS et. al. But RichardM - I too
> thank you from the bottom of my heart for posting.
> You are supplying such a huge piece of the puzzle.
> HUGE.

Yes

Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: February 20, 2019 11:58AM

Richard M.

Reepicheep, thanks. I knew Stevens was a phony when I first saw and met him. He wouldn't look at me eye-to-eye and seemed even a little frightened of me. Of course, it later made more sense. But if there hadn't been Marilyn and my kids tied to her, he never would have survived to stand at another sermon . . . But I had my own future and two kids’ lives to consider so abdicated to a lesser course. Absent any formal complaint of coerced sexual or other criminal misconduct, "religious freedom" protects the otherwise guilty until far too late .. . . . You know of Jim Jones and his murder-suicide of his followers, but hardly anyone knows that long before that he had been arrested in a movie theater for lewd conduct by a Rampart Division vice officer. It had been politically attempted to be covered up by a judge and other officials by destroying or pulling all documents, but the arresting officer had kept his own copy of the arrest report. It was made public again after the murders. I know, I forwarded a copy of the only surviving document to the Chief of Police. I say this because it’s also possible that credible and formal complaints of coercion and sexual abuse of minors had long been made on Stevens and Rick that were, or were not, properly investigated . . . who knows?

Wow, Richard M.! To think that Jim Jones could have been stopped way before killing over 900 people. Thank you for trying. For some awful reason, it sometimes seems that criminals and abusers are able to slip by under cover of religious freedom, or some technicality, or a political cover-up. Meanwhile they deprive others of their freedom and liberty.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/20/2019 12:02PM by Reepicheep.

Posted by: Prettyboy ()
Date: February 20, 2019 02:54PM

hi all, i have been absent from this forum, both reading and posting, for several days, more or less consumed with "affairs of this life", i.e. making a living and attending to present issues. so undoubtedly, i was overwhelmed with the posts of the past several days; overwhelmed mostly in the support the merries provide for each other but also in providing needful historical information to the "quiet" readers of this forum. earlier today i received a text from my dear friends little red flag and kboy (thankfully i caught my typo in this posting as describing them as "my dear fiends" hah hah) alerting me to a recent post by richard m. then followed my calling them on the phone for a 10' conversation. after that conversation i thought about pain, emotional pain - clearly richard has experienced that. and on the way home from work i thought about the emotional pain that those presently struggling with their current and ongoing association with the lw enterprise - and obviously that it what is, an enterprise, at its core, rather than a religious/spiritual endeavor. how can i even begin to comprehend the existential, moral and ethical dilemma with which some or many of these folks are faced? imagine investing so much of one's life, or even one's entire life and identity in the living word church, the apostle of the kingdom (and the subsequent bearers of that mantle, e.g., gary and mother marilyn) and the remnant of the remnant. and then one is posed with the notion that yesterday's truth/s are today's falsehood/s. who on this forum, including myself, did not once ascribe to these falsehoods; who embraced falsehoods as truth? there are myriads of explanations and examples, clearly evidenced by the many posts on this forum by the many merries. but all, ultimately, had to have our/their day in court - the court of truth, rationality and a clear respective of actual, in play, morality. seems to me the paramount issue is not what one believed yesterday. if yesterday's "truth" is untrue, is what do you believe today? if tomorrow, when you wake and the awareness dawns on you no less clearly than actual dawn is arriving this is today, not yesterday. then what that today demands of you is courage, and that indeed is a tall order - to heed the call of truth, regardless of perceived or actual consequence. i suggest your true idenity is neither moored in what you believed once upon a time or who you were yesterday.

Posted by: Prettyboy ()
Date: February 20, 2019 03:04PM

in case it is not clear, regarding my just previous post, i intended to address, primarily, those folks still struggling with their current involvement with lw how to come to terms with their continuing involvement. btw, i'd be quite concerned about tithing, could be like betting on a house of cards; that is unless, your church has cut all financial, legal and spiritual ties with the hargrave empire.

Posted by: puddington ()
Date: February 20, 2019 03:27PM

Thank you Richard M. Your posts of truth are setting people free. We so much appreciate your posts.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.