Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: October 18, 2018 06:05PM

W O W

With abortion being such an issue with the conservative/right-wing/republican/evangelical side of the spectrum, this seems selfishly out of step with the relatives.

Hey--but we always thought we were so righteous by setting ourselves apart from the 'rest'.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: October 18, 2018 11:07PM

WE STILL DEMAND JOHN'S RETURN, OH LORD. WHETHER IT IS IN HIS OLD BODY, HIS NEW BODY OR AS A CUTE BABY. DOESN'T MATTER. IT'S BEEN 35 F**KING YEARS...MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!
#hittingGodundertheeye

kBOY Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Hey--but we always thought we were so righteous by
> setting ourselves apart from the 'rest'.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/18/2018 11:08PM by changedagain.

Posted by: larry bobo ()
Date: October 19, 2018 01:54AM

This twisted tale and reincarnation story of JRS reminds me of another story:

“This Christianity beliefs video from The Fuel Project tells the story of Tammuz. Semiramus had became pregnant with an illegitimate son and Nimrod threatened to dethrone her and expose her past as a prostitute. She apparently then plotted to have Nimrod killed. Afterwards, she presented her son Tammuz as an immaculately conceived reincarnation of Nimrod. She presented him as the seed of the woman presented in Genesis 3, the messiah, and so Tammuz was the first Christ impostor, the first antichrist. After his death, Nimrod was revered as the god Marduk, also known as Baal – The Sun God, which is the primary name that other people would come to worship Marduk. Semiramus was revered as the Moon Goddess, Great Mother, Divine Mother and Virgin Mother.”

Apparently there is nothing new under the sun. Same story, different actors. I would hope that we would never fall for such foolishness in this educated generation - at least not twice!

Posted by: Onion ()
Date: October 19, 2018 03:43AM

A lovely member of this forum happens to have a lot of old Walk publications and those publications are being shared with me. Yay. I can't figure out how to get them small enough within the required formats so I am copying below a library archive handout from the 1977 ApCo Convocation in Shiloh.

Sorry about the format - I am copying this from an old hand typed document.

SHILOH'S LIBRARY AND ARCHIVES

For research we>should have a complete John Birch Library, with four or five copies of everything. It should be located at Shiloh.

We need to create the bibliographies of important books in
each field. If I had somebody to help me with that now I'd start. I could stock this library with a thousand books. You· wouldn't be able to find a more complete library any­ where. Lord loose me for this bibliography work that I must do, as well as the manuals that have to be. printed. I must have time for this. At one time I had fifty of them ready to go. I just needed to finish outlining them. (Research and leg work must be done by others so JRS is free to write.)

We could begin to compile this information and continue to use it for material to be taught to the School of Prophets. It'q actually be like a Bible school or at a college level. Ministries and prophets could come into Shiloh and be there for a month or so; they could take courses along this area, some could e.ven help teach courses. They could use the library for special projects and assignments. The thing we need now is manpower, the prophets that could come and put this library work together. Actually this is possessing the Kingdom, this is part of the Living Word. It is pa rt of the whole Kingdom. As Shiloh is being built, God continues to unfold to us the vision of what he wants it to be. Now concerning the library work, a directive should be given for what we will do. In the library should be all the basic books that would be elementary research books in a variety of fields. They'd be considered complicated and advanced in some circles, but we would know their value.
When we get right down to the nitty gritty critical material that we don't want on the walls, such as rare books on
nephilim, etc. we're going to need a secret room like an archive. Prophets who are ready for it, and are cleared to read this literature could have access to it in this special room.
Eventually we'll have books that you'd have to be cleared before you can even read them. You know it would have to be that way. You see there are some books that you could put out that would be necessary for research on cults, false religions, if we had them on the shelf it would imply we were in fav.or of what they said. Half the books I have are books
I don't believe, but I have to know what they teach. (II Cor. 2sll). You see, r•v.e inherited whole libraries on witchcraft from people who have been converted and you can't put that
on a shelf anyplace. In fact that's why I don't like people in my library, they automatically assume I believe everything that's in those books. You have to get people to the place where they have a library that they can do research in, but you must deal with everything. They can go there to find
out not what somebody says against a cult or a false doctrine of devils, but what they actually say themselves.

PAGE 2
I've kept books for years that are just like that. The tord has lead me to keep books that you could glean through ar\d find out exactly how satan thinks on a particular issue, not how someone interprets how he thinks, but how he thinks.him­ self. You can go right to the source material and find out exactly how satan m_oves. It's the exposure of the enemies tactics that we want.
we ve got to put it together don't we? It's going to cost a
lot of money to get those books but we'11 put out the list a.Yld
we'll get them from book stores or used book stores. People
will be going everywhere they can to pick them up."--JRS
-

Posted by: fromsouthchicago ()
Date: October 19, 2018 10:48AM

For those who didn't see my earlier posting, I'm Marilyn Hargrave's cousin. We're same generation, but I was born nearly two decades later. I have had little or no contact with her while she was alive and certainly no involvement at all, whatsoever with TLWF. I joined this community largely to discover whether or not it would be safe to travel to her gravesite particularly given the familial relationship. I have since concluded that if and when I travel that direction to the gravesite, I should be fine.

The only information I have received about Marilyn's activities and what TLWF has been up to over the decades is what I have heard second, third and fourth hand from my relatives. I have learned that some of that information was not always correct. But reading what's been posted in this forum, it's clear that I was completely "short-changed" regarding information on all the intrigue, legal and financial entanglements related to TLWF, my cousins, etc. Nothing I learned from my relatives comes anywhere near what I have learned here. For that I thank you.

Before I ask my questions, I have to say to Onion(), thank you for correct information regarding what actually happened after JRS died. It's always good to get the right information. But I think that the story I heard was more intriguing even if it was wrong.

My Questions ... for anyone who wants to answer.

1. I was looking at the list of festivals on the TLWF website ... they're all Jewish Holidays. By the way I was surprised that Simchat Torah or Chanukkah were not listed. What connection does TLWF make with Judaism? Not only the Holidays, but with respect to Jewish practices, Jewish beliefs, Jewish law, Jewish prayers, Jewish liturgy, etc.? I will say that having looked at the TLWF website, what I saw seemed like pretty standard Christian stuff. The only connection to Judaism I saw was the list of the Jewish Holidays and that had me scratching my head as to why are they listed in the first place without a connection to anything that appears to be Jewish.

2. From Onion():
"Bob Barton was in charge of the body and had it taken to the mortuary to be embalmed. Bob stayed with the body during the embalming process." (My emphasis).

This question relates to the ones above. Jewish funeral practices state that the body is to be buried with the blood. Since JRS was embalmed, TLWF doesn't appear to follow this particular Jewish practice, correct?

3. Years ago I was visiting a colleague of mine who lived in Iowa City. He was aware that I am Marilyn's cousin. My colleague and his wife had made friends with a young woman who was born and raised in TLWF and grew up at Shiloh. When this young woman was told that my colleague knew Marilyn's cousin, this woman wanted very much to meet me. Somehow my familial connection to Marilyn was strangely important to her. I never met her. In fact the very idea that someone wanted to meet me because I was the cousin of the Prophetess Marilyn (that's how she was referred to in my family) I found uncomfortable.

I have some additional information ... when my parents attended Marilyn's and JRS' wedding, many of the TLWF members/followers were very interested in my Mother because she was Marilyn's aunt (and Bessie's sister). I believe that my Mother said that several people were following her around, asking questions, video taping her, etc. (So for those of you who were at that wedding, you may have met my Mother or at least have seen her.)

Here's the question: from what I've learned, there seems to be a kind of attachment of importance by members of TLWF to "blood" relatives of Marilyn (and maybe anyone else who's central to the cult?). Can someone explain this to me? Is there some thing that relatives possess that's important?

Posted by: Onion ()
Date: October 19, 2018 11:26AM

Hi FSChicago - This is just my opinion but I think everyone's interest in actual relatives of Marilyn is because everything about her has always been secret. If you look at the bios on church websites very little is stated about Marilyn's history before she became the church Marilyn. I was around her a lot both before and after she married JRS and then GH and I never heard much about her life growing up - she was completely silent on the subject. I know from Bessie they lived in Sylmar and Bessie was a checker at Phil's Market (where my mom always shopped) so we had probably met at some point but other than that - nothing, zip. There were home movies and pics of Marilyn shown at Bessie's funeral and that was the most "information" anyone ever got. I met Charles and his family because I think we had them over to dinner at Blix once but in all the years - that was it.

My understanding is the walk churches do the Jewish festivals and feasts because those are the ones Jesus did when he was here. JRS frowned on Christmas and Easter and had published a booklet about the various holiday icons that he equated with the golden calf. It's odd isn't it that everyone in the church helps Rick put on a Christmas Caroling truck several times around Christmas time. That of course did not start until after JRS died.

No the walk churches don't follow the other rules of Judaism such as for burial.

I know the truth wasn't as exciting as the ice stories about JRS' body but there is so much awful stuff that is true (and weird) I don't think we need to add anything. ha/ha

For example - charging admission at Marilyn's funeral. Oh - and there was a Catholic Priest who did something graveside in the Catholic fashion. That's a new one. I guess we have some things in common with the Catholics now but the rules of the confessional will still not apply in our churches no matter how much the leadership tries to twist things.

Stay tuned. Lots more to come.

Date: October 20, 2018 12:01AM

Reveal, who was it that was charging $40 to attend MH funeral? Was that per person? I went biy don't remember paying anything, altho my spouse and Sister in law made all the arrangements so I may not be aware that we had to pay also.

Date: October 20, 2018 12:02AM

Reveal, who was it that was charging $40 to attend MH funeral? Was that per person? I went but don't remember paying anything, altho my spouse and Sister in law made all the arrangements so I may not be aware that we had to pay also.

Posted by: reveal ()
Date: October 20, 2018 03:44AM

Yes, it was $40 per person. I don't know if locals to Shiloh had to register and pay, but we were coming from out of town and were told by our local pastors that if we wanted to attend the Shiloh funeral, we had to register on the TLWF Members site and pay the fee. I would assume some people didn't do this and just showed up, but that was what they were asking people to do, nonetheless...

Unapologetic Apologetic Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Reveal, who was it that was charging $40 to attend
> MH funeral? Was that per person? I went biy don't
> remember paying anything, altho my spouse and
> Sister in law made all the arrangements so I may
> not be aware that we had to pay also.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: October 20, 2018 11:11AM

I hope FSChicago isn't charged for visiting the grave. That would leave a lasting impression (not a good one).

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.