Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: reveal ()
Date: September 02, 2018 12:52AM

Ok, NickleanDimed. Let's just assume for a moment that brainwashing doesn't exist. It doesn't change the fact that TLWF uses manipulation, coercion and emotional blackmail to convince members to accept things that under normal circumstances they would find totally unacceptable. They have created a culture of fear and intimidation, in which they threaten to ostracize those who question or disparage their decisions and mandates. Brainwashing or not, TLWF exercises extreme psychological abuse and control to manipulate members into bending to their will. They deceive good people who are either too naive or too afraid to question extremely questionable behavior by leadership.

Additionally, no organization truly representative of God would do any of the following:

1. Separate people from their biological families because said families have negative opinions about the church.

2. Encourage couples to divorce when one decides to leave the church and the other does not wish to.

3. Fire longtime loyal employees and pastors who dare question anything that Rick or Gary & Marilyn does, and then withhold severance pay unless they sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement. Clearly, they have much to hide.

4. Command submission of every decision in people's lives to include dating, marriage, having children, where to live, what job to take, to go to University or not, etc. and if people decide not to submit these things, to at a minimum withdraw affection and ostracize them from their church family, or disparage their character, make a pariah out of them, gossip about them and accuse them of *GASP*...an independent spirit. And these are only the least of what I've seen done.

5. Demand unquestioning allegiance to the leaders and place loyalty to them above any other relationship in your life or any sense of right and wrong.

6. Protect and keep in positions of authority a leader who has perpetrated multiple acts of sexual misconduct and harassment and abused church finances for his own personal enjoyment, and expect members to just accept it, while members themselves are held to a much higher standard.

I could go on..

I'd also like to commend TLWF for selecting a troll/monitor of this forum who is so obviously riding the crazy train, is completely devoid of credibility, common sense and not to mention, basic grammar skills. You really only further our point that TLWF is completely devoid of sanity by assigning this type of person to represent you. I am confused why the moderator has yet to ban NickleanDimed, as they have continually harassed people on this forum whose only goal is to seek justice and expose the truth about an organization that has brought tremendous suffering upon them.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 09/02/2018 12:57AM by reveal.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Road to Damascus ()
Date: September 02, 2018 05:50AM

Just a note to say that whenever blind obedience is required that should send up red flags. I think so many of us want to be accepted that we buy into the lie that says one can not question or voice concerns. Thank you reveal.

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: September 02, 2018 10:52PM

It is a sad tale when the most significant features of a 'move of God' are the aforementioned list sighted by Reveal. Even sadder still was the willing subjugation of our own volition to be 'slowly boiled like a frog'.

D E N I A L

Venturing down
the river denial

takes us far from the

source of
T R U T H

Date: September 03, 2018 09:18AM

How do I start? I have been checking in on this forum for about 5 years. I didn't want to be one of those "bitter"ex members that cho se to live in the past. Just get on with life! Easier said than done. But I believe there should be accountability.
I am happy to be here now with all of you courageous people. Everything that I have read here has so resonated with me. Story's, experiences OMG. I can confirm. I also am a mother that allowed her kid to be raised in this shit storm. I can't even tell you (well I guess some of you know) How bad this feels. I will continue to post. and cheers to you all. I believe this new stream is very powerful!

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: September 03, 2018 10:36AM

Welcome, Lifeontheotherside!

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: September 03, 2018 10:37AM

Lifeontheotherside Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> But I believe there should be
> accountability.

YES

Posted by: Onion ()
Date: September 03, 2018 01:33PM

Thank you "Lifeotos" - Accountability doesn't equate with bitterness. People really had us bound up. I am so glad we are all finding one another and as we speak out we know we are being heard. Yay.

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: September 03, 2018 06:23PM

The double-edged sword we are most familiar with is that we were badly fooled and now we look a little foolish . . .

B U R D E N

We have allowed
our world to
first inflict suffering

and then

burden us further
by having us
shoulder the shame

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: September 04, 2018 01:01AM

KBoy,

Stop preaching. No one is interested in your personal philosophy or sayings, etc.

If you continue your will be banned from this message board per the rules you agreed to before posting here.

Date: September 04, 2018 02:21AM

rrmoderator,

Why are your threatening kBoy but you haven't banned nickleanddimed who is clearly trolling this site?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.