Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: Lettruthcome ()
Date: November 29, 2016 02:57PM

Recently Gary Hargrove came to a church meeting at Cathedral of Praise Austin as a guest speaker, after hearing him I had some concerns about some things said like establishing one of the associate pastors as the mother over the church etc.
Can someone that knew Gary give some insight to what your experience was.
You can PM me if you want to talk in person.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Cloudwatcher ()
Date: November 30, 2016 02:27PM

larry bobo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> “Just tell them God said it, and they'll believe anything.”

I mean knee slapping hysterical laughter and the people are the punch line.

Date: November 30, 2016 02:33PM

Lettruthcome Wrote:
> Recently Gary Hargrove came to a church meeting at
> Cathedral of Praise Austin as a guest speaker,
> after hearing him I had some concerns about some
> things said like establishing one of the associate
> pastors as the mother over the church etc.
> Can someone that knew Gary give some insight to
> what your experience was.
> You can PM me if you want to talk in person.

I watched some of that and I was stricken by what Bill Hart's daughter said. she exclaimed that she always felt seperate from the rest of the Christian world because we are pioneers and on the cutting edge--that other Christians were behind. She also said they did not understand bringing in the kingdom--or something to that effect. And she now felt connected to something (LW).

I think it is a very large church and may be growing not shrinking and G wants to connect with it because there are so few churches where he would not be so obvious. It is just sickening

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: December 01, 2016 01:13AM

Cloudwatcher Wrote:

> I think it is a very large church and may be
> growing not shrinking and G wants to connect with
> it because there are so few churches where he
> would not be so obvious. It is just sickening

Gary feigns compassion and kindness, but at root he's completely exploitative.
You're right, it is sickening.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: December 01, 2016 01:14AM

259,811 page views to date...
(not that I pay attention to stats)

Posted by: FCSLC ()
Date: December 01, 2016 01:37AM

My suggestion is to be extremely careful. These polished ‘god usurpers’ excel at subtly swaying a believer’s allegiance away from the Holy Spirit and replacing it with a totalitarian allegiance to themselves. These self-proclaimed leaders come from a perverted persuasion that ignorantly refuses to recognize that other believers can be left to the care of the Holy Spirit (Acts 20:32). Their actions imply they believe the Creator and Holy Spirit are incapable or dead.

Run for your life, don’t let them rule over you.

Posted by: puddington ()
Date: December 01, 2016 01:56AM

Lettruthcome. My heart-felt recommendation to you is to find another church quickly.

If you examine the Rick Ross criteria for a cult leader, you will find that the person you are asking about fits those criteria. And he has been that way since at least 1983.

Date: December 01, 2016 05:45AM

changedagain Wrote:
> 259,811 page views to date...
> (not that I pay attention to stats)

We are second only to one other cult forum--a quarter of a million--that isn't too shabby--may the force be with us.

Date: December 01, 2016 05:50AM

puddington Wrote:
> Lettruthcome. My heart-felt recommendation to
> you is to find another church quickly.
>
> If you examine the Rick Ross criteria for a cult
> leader, you will find that the person you are
> asking about fits those criteria. And he has been
> that way since at least 1983.

Yep puddington is exactly right. And if you remain--you are sending the wrong message to the ones on the inside that you may be wanting to help or be there for even knowing what you know. It is a hard thing to walk away but it is the only message you can send.

You will find freedom in your mind and people who have shared your experience--walk away--if no one calls you or you are shunned--they were never your friends anyway. And you can't go to others in the church and even bring up your questions--it will mark you and possibly the very people you want to help will be pulled in deeper--given a position or have smoke blown up their ass for exposing you--because they will. It is automatic now--no need to take orders--orders were implanted so long ago--and you need to have credibility that you did not want to cause trouble or division. You will be more respected--well --that is-- after you have been trashed, lied about and shunned. Just leave and don't say a word--silence is golden and actions speak louder than words.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2016 06:02AM by Cloudwatcher.

Posted by: lily rose ()
Date: December 01, 2016 05:57AM

Lettruthcome I think you would do well to follow the advice of Cloudwatcher, FCSLC, and puddinton. The Austin and the Living Word fellowship may share charismatic beliefs about the Kingdom not held by most Christians as pointed out in Cloudwatcher's post, but unlike most charismatic churches, the Living Word Fellowship demands unquestioned trust and obedience to Gary as he is seen as having an unusual and special connection and pipeline to God (this is false and unproven); however, belief in this self proclaimed connection helps a person become gullible in giving themselves over to trusting and obedience to Gary for their spiritual welfare. Good for you for questioning establishing an associate pastor as a mother over the church!!!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.